Ch 21: Why?

Loving You Is Not An Easy Thing To Do

 

~Five years later~

Jaejoong read through and signed another document that would bring his company another few millions. Tossing the folder that joined the other documents waiting for his attention Jaejoong leaned back and took a small break. After that low point of his life Jaejoong decided that he has to move on. People did and he’s not going to be left behind. After graduating from college he took over the company. His father was right. The marriage changed how people saw him. The board of directors favoured him for getting a merge with the enemy for the benefit of their company. When he stepped in the position they honoured and respected him, at least in front of them they did.

He worked hard to prove every person who ever doubted him wrong. Just a few months of being the CEO and their company sales already went up by a few. As much as a jerk of a guy he is, running the company was something he was born to do.

“Sir, here’s the documents you asked for.” His secretary placed another bundle of paper in his desk. “I would like to remind you of your meeting with the finance department in thirty minutes”

Jaejoong flipped through still hot freshly baked from the photocopy machine. “Remind me again what’s the meeting is about.”

“It’s about the budget planning for the construction of the new branch in Jeollado.” Ever since he stepped in and sat on the CEO chair their company’s been achieving their short term goals and the long term ones weren’t that far either. “Sir, your mother called earlier to remind you about the dinner on your family’s mansion. She said if you don’t come and insist on working the weekly family dinner would be held here in your office. And to emphasise that she wasn’t joking she asked me the size of your office and if she still needs to bring plates.”

Jaejoong sighed. He almost forgot about that. His mother insisted that he eats at their house once a week. He’s been skipping them for a few weeks already and it seems this one is unavoidable.

(^+^)(^0^)(^+^)

“Jaejoong I know you would come. Dear, have a seat” his mom smiled from ear to ear, happy that her son finally decided to show his face to them. The threat worked Mrs. Kim still got it.

“I’ve been busy eomma. There’s lots of work to do.” Jaejoong seated and started eating.

“So how’s the company son?” Mr. Kim looked up from his plate. He knows about how things have been. Even if he trusts his son to make the right decisions he’s still been keeping tabs on the company he built with sweat and blood.

“Everything’s fine abeoji. The board of directors are not that hard to manage. Things are going smoothly as planned. The construction of the new branch in Jeollado will start soon. Some disagree at first but I was able to convince them and push through” Jaejoong gave a status report.

“Is it Mr. Ahn?” Jaejoong nodded to which his father chuckled. “That old man is always resistant to change. He doesn’t like to take risk, always sceptic and could make bad decision a few times but he means well. He’s one of the people who helped Kim Corp get to be where it is right now. So Jaejoong lengthen your patience a bit more. The company’s important to him too.”

“Deh abeoji. I’ll keep that in mind.”

“How about Mr. Choi? Is he giving you a hard time?”

“This is a family dinner not a business meeting. Could you two stop talking about work?” Mrs. Kim said. Both men mouthed a whispered apology. Even if their feared business tycoons everybody’s afraid of they still bend to the authority inside the walls of their mansion. “So Jaejoong ah, Danmi called a few nights before. We didn’t talk much because of the time difference I missed her so much.”

After Danmi left she didn’t call or contact him in any way. He knows his friends still communicate with her. He heard them talk about her a few times but would stop when he’s around. He doesn’t ask them either. His mother would tell stories about her. Her achievements, her activities, whenever she got sick or whenever she change college because she wants a new environment.so far she’s been to Japan then L.A and now France.

“She sent me a picture of her beside the Eiffel tower. You should see it. She changed so much. Son, you are so lucky to have such a beautiful wife.”

He hasn’t seen her ever since she left either. He didn’t know why but he didn’t look for her in any social sites. He knows he’ll be able to see her if try. But he would seat in front of the computer staring contemplating if he would type her name on the search tab. But he never did, somehow it didn’t feel right. Some voice in his mind says that he shouldn’t. Thus he didn’t. His mom would show him pictures but he would decline saying he already saw it or that she sent him the same thing.

After the usual dinner Jaejoong went back to his house. He didn’t move back to the mansion for some reason even he himself doesn’t know. When his friends asked him his answer would be different every time.

‘It’s fun living alone.”

‘It’s nearer to the office’

‘Packing and unpacking is a hassle’

‘Maybe some other time I just have too many things going on’

Taking off his jacket and slipping his indoor sleepers Jaejoong went straight to the kitchen and grabbed a drink. Every time he would have dinner with his parents he always ends up drinking. Don’t get it wrong, he loves his parent’s. He enjoys their weekly dinner but somehow he can’t help but feel stressed. Lots of emotion going through him every time Danmi’s name would be mentioned on the dinner table.

Guilt, because he feels that he was at fault for her leaving though Danmi assured his parents that it was her own decision. His mother said that Danmi told them that it was for her education and for the benefit of the Kim family to have a deserving daughter in law. Irritated, that her name would be mentioned at least once and his mood would go down again. Anger, because she never failed to send his parents messages and gifts during holidays, birthdays or any other celebration when he received none at all; not even a missed call. Relief, to know that she’s been doing well and other sort emotions Jaejoong couldn’t comprehend.

Why didn’t he go after her you ask? Why would he? She left him. Why would he go after someone who ran away from him, that’s not his style. And if he did hop on the nearest flight to Tokyo would that change everything? If they meet face to face, what would he say? Sorry for hurting you? Sorry for treating you like dirt? Sorry for every word he said? I promise that it will never happen again? I promise I’ll treat you better?  I promise that I won’t make you cry again? I promise that I’ll love you?

That would just be wrong. Those would just be empty words. It wasn’t her fault and she deserves his honesty. Even if he knew the truth about her, it wouldn’t change a thing. They’d still be in an arrange marriage. He still can’t be the husband that she wants, the good husband that she deserves.  What would he say that could bring her back? Why would he drag her back down to a cage when she’s more than happy living on the other end of the world away from him? She deserves to be free from the sickening society they grew in. she deserves to be free from him.

Feeling stressed Jaejoong grabbed his phone and made a call. “Hey babe, are you free tonight?

 

By the time Jaejoong woke up it was already after noon. Leaving the still beauty in his bed he grabbed his boxers and left for some water in the kitchen. He changed a lot over the years he admits. But old habits die hard. He’s a man and he still has needs after all.

Jaejoong searched the fridge and tossed around a few ingredients cooking something he learned over the years. He was already eating his late lunch peacefully when a girl wrapped her arms around her waist not even surprising him at all.

“Oppa I’m hungry too” the girl whined cutely. She was wearing his shirt on and Jaejoong doesn’t need to guess to know that’s what she’s only wearing.

“The foods over there and the plated and utensils are over there.” He pointed and resumed his eating.

Batting her eyelashes “Oppa feed me.”

“Sorry babe, either you feed yourself or you don’t eat at all. Your choice.”

The girl fumed feeling insulted. “Are you really going to treat me like this?!”

“Don’t be so melodramatic. Let’s not waste our energy alright.” Jaejoong stood up finally finished with his meal and patted the girl’s shoulder. “If you’re eating just leave the plate on the sink. If not, your clothes are already in the bathroom. And you don’t have to call for me when you’re leaving. I’ll be busy working at my office. Bye” Jaejoong gave her another full kiss on the lips before disappearing to his private study leaving a dumbfounded girl in his kitchen.

“Hey bro what’s up?” Yoochun greeted before settling himself on his usual sit. Ever since they’ve finished school the five of them became the successor of the company. Some might still not be the CEO’s on their respective company like Jaejoong but all of them already had their chairs on their board meetings.

As busy as their lives are, once in a while the five of them would still gather up and hang out. “You looked like you just had you 40th birthday. What’s up man” Yoochun teased.

“Shut up.” He admits he’s stressed out nowadays.

“Whoaaw, chill man. Loosen up. Don’t worry Yunho and Changmin’s already getting us girls for the night.”

True to Yoochun’s word his three other friends came with a few girls tailing their backs. Just like usual a girl approached him and sat beside him. The girl pouted and acted cute in front of him. She batted her lashes, touched his legs and did her best to get his attention. Jaejoong wouldn’t lie and say he wasn’t even affected a bit but his mind was somehow wondering around. He was flirting back but his mind was in some other place. Maybe he just got laid this yesterday night so he doesn’t feel anything at all towards the girl who’s probably itching to get her hands inside his pants. He has this weird feeling in his gut but he doesn’t know why.

Jaejoong gulped his drink while the girl on his lap eats his neck. They were in Purple Line again. Usually they would get bored and find a new place to hang out but somehow this place became ‘their place’. As years gone by Purple Line became Jaejoong’s second home. Their birthdays, group gatherings, even Christmas was once celebrated there.

“Oh my, Danmi is that you?!” the name made Jaejoong’s whole body freeze.

“IT IS YOU!!” Junsu cleared out.


Welcome new subcribers!!! Guys, don't forget to comment and subscribe and THUMBS UP!!!!!

IP1CASSIE: He deserves some hardships, don’t you think?

msfoodieluver: Jaejoong’s too chicken to after her.

reginanapitupulu:I’ll try my best to update soon. But rest assure that I wont abandon this story. So please nust hang with me. =)

oatlover: I love your random rants. I always look forward to your rants. =) Sorry for making her suffer. But I guess that’s what made her strong and tough. =)

andrianilarasshe’s a strong girl so nobody would have suspected. Don’t worry Danmi’s POV is not that far. =)

mbetterlive: aigoo, you said everything right. Every body else kept saying to go after her but you’re like she’ll be gone for a while. Aigoo, great minds think alike. Kekeke..

Jun_KOI_Mi: he’s too chicken to apologize. -_-‘

misttheory: No worries, i don’t mind being told to update. It actually gives a push..

TheKHJGirl: thank god! Finally!! Thank you for being surprised. Really!! I want to hit him too. But just one look from him would make me forget everything. =)

SalehahSally: thank you very much for being deeply in love with my story and please continue to do so. He’s pitiful and he deserves it but lets face it, he’ll still lool good being sad and all.

el_lirio85: somehow i’m happy that my story made you cry.

_DyNaR_: I’m happy you liked my present. =)

Abbiekim: keke, I bet if he looks at you with puppy dog eyes, you’ll surely forgive him.

PeekyWinnie: Aigoo. You made me shy. I’m happy that I made you happy. =)