Ch 12: I Get Even

Loving You Is Not An Easy Thing To Do

Jaejoong can’t help but smile looking at Yuri’s face. The happiness he felt could never be put into words. She said she would stay, that she’s not going to leave him. Jaejoong smiled remembering what happened last night. Suddenly he felt guilty, remembering Danmi and what he did, what they did. He knows the sin he committed. He didn’t mean to hurt her but he didn’t regret it either. Yuri just kept taking his thoughts then one moment he realized he was already knocking on her door.

Moving slowly not wanting to wake the sleeping girl, Jaejoong slipped of the covers. He needed to apologize to Danmi. He needed to apologize to his wife.

Jaejoong stopped breathing when he saw the scene on his new home. Clothes decorated the floor and empty alcohol bottles are sprawled all over the place. His face remained calm but his insides were panicking. Like a flash, Jaejoong ran to where he knows where their bedroom was. Slipping a few times he finally reached the room.

A heavy breath of relief watched over him as he saw Danmi sleeping curled up with her clothes on and alone. He was trying to calm his heart down when a voice made it play drums again. “If you’re worried you shouldn’t have left her.”

“I didn’t mean to.”

“But you did”

“But that’s because Yuri needed me.” he defended.

“and Danmi doesn’t?”

“She understands!  She knew everything and she still wanted to marry me. It’s her choice so don’t blame me. Don’t make me feel bad. Because none of this is my fault” He was almost shouting, forgetting that their not the only soul in the house. He was reasoning with Yunho but for Yunho he was just convincing himself.

“I’m not trying to.” He’s voice dead of tone.

“Good be--” Jaejoong stopped as Danmi shifted and woke up.

She looked at them in confusion as her mind try to process the scene before her. Suddenly her cheeks became red and her head turned away. “Yunho put some clothes on” Jaejoong said. Yunho chuckled finding her blushing face cute and left.

Danmi set the food on the table as one by one the five sat and ate their meal with Jaejoong and Danmi sitting on each end of the table. Danmi choked on her food when Yoochun spoke. “Danmi did you had fun last night?”

She was contemplating what to do with the water Changmin was offering; if she should drink it and save herself from choking to death or splash water in her face to calm her heated face. She was close to doing the latter if it weren’t for Changmin who pushed the glass to her lips when she didn’t took it.

“I’m sure that’s a yes. So who do you think is the best?” Danmi’s eyes widened as she fans herself. The other guys were laughing, except Jaejoong of course.

“Guys, please don’t ask me that.”

“Come on, we’re men. We want to know” Junsu stated smiling. Jaejoong’s not liking any of this a bit. He’s right there but they’re talking like his not, about things he doesn’t even know.

“After all we did last night we at least deserve your judgement.” Yoochun used the conscience card. “Here let me make it easy for you. Who’s best in Vocals?”

Deciding they’re not gonna stop and there’s no escape she answered “Junsu.”

“HA!” Junsu shouted followed by his unique laugh.

“Visuals?”

Danmi fanned herself even harder and blushed harder. “Cha Changmin.”

“ASA!” Changmin cheered. He hit his chest like he’s never been so proud of himself more.

“Dance?”

“Yunho.” Yunho clapped his hands loudly. He stood up suddenly like his name was announced on Grammy awards night and high fived Changmin.

“How about me?” Yoochun asked feeling sad that he hasn’t heard his name yet.

Danmi blew air preparing for the words she’s about to say. “Chun’s very charming. Skilful and overflowing with appeal.”

The four and hollered in laughter high fiving Yoochun. “Ha!” he shouted like a taekwondo player and stretching his arms from side to side with a smug proud on his face. “That felt good. Haha. If you want more or one on one sessions you can come to me anytime” The other three hit him making him groan in pain but still kept smiling.

Jaejoong’s aura became even darker. He didn’t want to ask. He knew none of them would answer anyway. He doesn’t like the feeling. They pretended like he was not there or they just didn’t realize he was. He couldn’t say anything because they were talking about something he doesn’t know. None of them even looked at him. Danmi haven’t even spared him a glance. He kept looking at her but her face just kept getting redder by the second as his friends . What the hell happened last night?

 

Danmi walked through their schools corridor hastily. People kept giving her stares and she exactly knew why. The news about their marriage probably spread like fire already. They would whisper and scrutinize her up and down. Not she was surprise about it, she suspected this much would happen. On the other hand, she still hasn’t seen Jaejoong. Even if they already live in the same house they didn’t leave for school together.  Jaejoong left in his own ride as she left with hers.

She rummages through her locker finding the things she needed for the day. Suddenly a piece of paper fell out.  Meet me at the rooftop by lunch - Jaejoong

“So this is the complicated thing you were talking about?” L asked as he leaned on the locker beside her.

Danmi smiled seeing a familiar face that seems ages since she last saw. “Yeah, complicated don’t you think?”

“Very. Now I know why you don’t talk about it. How come you didn’t tell me you two were dating?” he asked as the two of them walked together to their classroom.

“We weren’t, we never did.”

 

Jaejoong craned his neck and searched through the crowd. He skipped school knowing the students would crowd at him. Specially the girls, they whined and asked questions like he cheated on them even though it wasn’t their business in the first place. He stood up parted the crowd as he saw a familiar face. “Hey where’s Danmi?”

“I don’t know. Aren’t you the one supposed to be with her?” L answered.

“Don’t you two always eat lunch together?”

L nodded “but she said she’s going to meet you at lunch so I ate alone. She said you left a note.”

“I didn’t leave any note.”

“OH !!” they both cursed at the same time.

 

Danmi swallowed hard, her mind thinking of ways how she could get out of this situation. “Do you think you could get away with this?”

“Honestly I don’t even care. All I know now is that you took something that was supposed to be mine!” the girl shouted with a bottle in her hand. She’s been ignoring him ever since their wedding night/ bachelorette party/ her abandonment or whatever it is called. It even pissed her more because he didn’t even try to talk to her. He’ll just come and go like the wind pissing her off more. She’s mad and it doesn’t matter to him. Like she could get mad all she wants and he wouldn’t even be bothered about it. And she reached her limit. Things can’t go on like this. They live in the same house, they’re married, and they can’t treat each other like strangers. They need to talk.

 

Danmi went to the rooftop just like what Jaejoong said in the note. But much to her surprise Jaejoong wasn’t there. Instead five girls closed the door after they made sure that she was alone. She’s a black belt in more than one art of protection but taking on five girls won’t be easy either.

She raised her fisted hands in front of her. “Stop this. I don’t want any trouble.”

The leader as what Danmi suppose as she was standing in the middle and does most of the talking smirked. “You think you’re the only one who knows self-defence? News flash ! We’re ing filthy rich too! We are raised the same way as you do. There’s five of us and one of you. You think you stand a chance?”

“I’ll take my chances.”

“Oh please I’m not going to waste my energy on you. We’re not gonna fight like some public school kids with no breeding. This is a private rich school. We’re educated people, we use our heads ”

“Then what’s exactly going on here?” Danmi was cornered. They’re at the rooftop and a single hard push will make her fall all the way down.

“’we’re not going to push you either. Killing you is not even worth it.” The leader smiled evilly and her minions chuckled. “Get her.”

The other four went on her all at the same time. They grabbed her arms and pinned her legs. She fought back a little but it was the best she could. What the leader earlier was true, they we’re raised the same way as her. She was about to give a punch but the cluttering of metal to metal stopped her hand. Danmi looked in horror as she saw her hand handcuffed to the flag pole.

“I told you we use our heads. If you think we’re only pretty faces then you are gravely wrong. We’re smart and talented as well. In fact we’re better than you. Your nothing compared to us and yet Jaejoong oppa chose you? Seriously I don’t see the logic in that” the leaders monologue started.

“You see this bottle? This is muriatic acid of you don’t do what I say you’re going to spend your entire inheritance paying for a new face. You would even become uglier than you already are! I bet Jaejoong oppa would get sick and disgusted by you so much he would leave you.” The leader laughed as if she was already seeing the scene happening.

“You know I never liked you from the start. You came here dress all so simple like your trying to prove something. Like your saying that we’re all just looks and that you’re better than us. You think your better than us huh?!” she shouted in frustration but Danmi only looked at her not saying anything. She knows any words from her would only anger her more and that won’t be on her advantage. “Your rich and yet you act like you don’t. You’re rejecting the status quo! You’re changing how things are supposed to be! You even befriended that L guy! You act some innocent nerd and then you stole Jaejoong Oppa. You ! Do you know how hard we worked so that he’ll just spare us a glance?!”

“We worked hard. We exercise like hell and eat like some omnivorous animal. We undergo painful treatments but thinking that our oppa’s would look at us lessens the pain. And you a piece of crap took him away from me? He’s only 19 and you guys ing got married! Did you him and claimed that your pregnant so he’ll marry you? That was it isn’t? You’re a total !” Danmi’s face flew to the side as the girl slapped her hard.

“If it were other girls I wouldn’t have mind. I’ll accept gladly but you? I’ll never accept you. You don’t deserve our Jaejoong oppa!” she shouted one last time as she started hitting her anywhere she could reach. Her friends even joined in. If Danmi we’re cuffed she could have done something. At least something to protect herself but she couldn’t there’s five of them, her hands are immobile and she couldn’t move even a step.

Danmi sat at the ground with her arm covering her face and the other still cuffed to the flag pole. If she couldn’t fight back the least she could do is lessen the damage. She crouched shielding her head from their kicks and hits. It felt like forever for Danmi. She felt pain everywhere. Her vision spins as she tried her best to protect her head. She can’t believe her life turned to be so dramatic.

“STOP IT ES!!!” someone shouted. The images were blurry but Danmi was sure. She would recognize that voice among millions of crowds. Finally her husband came to save her.

“DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH?!!” Jaejoong shouted as the five girls look back and parted when they saw her. Jaejoong’s mind blanked as he saw Danmi on the ground barely conscious. Suddenly his hands we’re on her neck taking any air that would flow into her body.

“JESSICA!!” the other girls shouted.

“Release her.” His voice deep and low Jessica thought it was already the ripper talking to her.

Jessica clawed his hand as she desperately gasped for air but his arms didn’t even bulge. “Oo—op-aa”

“TIFFANY THE KEYS!!” another girl shouted. Tiffany struggled for the lock as her hands tremble in fear. Only when Danmi fully slumped on the ground then Jaejoong let Jessica go.

Jaejoong instantly went to her side and cradled her in his arms as the other girls left running for their lives. “Danmi! Danmi!”

 

Danmi groaned in pain as she opened her eyes. The first sight she saw was the ceiling. Where am I? oh yeah I live here now. Her eyes roamed around to the somewhat familiar room. She was in the master’s bedroom she thought.

“How have you been?” Jaejoong sat just right beside her bed. He was so close Danmi called herself stupid for not noticing him before.

“Wa water” she whispered in a hoarse voice. Jaejoong immediately gave her a glass but the moment she sipped the drink she jolted in pain.

“You have a cut on your lip so it hurts when you drink.”

Danmi nodded but still emptied the glass. Her need to be hydrated surpasses the pain. “You didn’t break any bone or anything, just a lot of bruises here and there. The doctor said that you should take a rest and drink the meds he gave regularly.”

“Who are those girls?”

“That’s Jessica and her troupe. She’s obsesses with me.”

“I can tell. She took the news of you getting married really hard.” She tried to smile and laugh it off but she can’t really find any humour in it.

“She’s somewhat really evil but most of her games are somewhat harmless. But she went too far this time. Don’t worry I’ll take care of it.” He was sitting on the bed side. He wanted to fuzz and check if she’s fine and all the stuff a caring husband would, but that would just make things awkward.

“No, don’t” she shook her head.

His brows knitted in confusion. “What, your letting her go? Because that’ll just be stupid.”

“I’ll take care of her.” Jaejoong raised an eyebrow. “I’m the one who she messed with. You think I’ll let her go? I’ll let her know she picked the wrong person to play with. I’m Seo Danmi, I don’t tell I get even.”

Jaejoong don’t know if he should be relieved or scared. Relieved that she could stand up for herself and that she’s fine because she could already say such things. Or be scared by the murderous look in her eyes.


ok before you guys kill me, my laptop broke. I mean it went down and crashed and i lost all my files and everything. good thing i was able to save a backup so this story was saved.  I know this story is quite a disappointment and not updating for so long and updating a crappy chapter is no excuse. but I'll try better the next chapter. Still hope you like it or at least satisfied with this chapter. 

I can't reply to all of your comments because there's just so many and i'm honestly tired. Sorry for being lazy guys but i do read your comments..

 

VOTE UP!!

Welcom to our new readers. I'm very thankful that you guys are taking some of your precious time reading the product of my imagination.