Ch 26: Best Buddies

Loving You Is Not An Easy Thing To Do

Jaejoong paced around the living room glancing at the clock every now and then with Jiji watching in the sofa following his master’s every move. Danmi texted him earlier that she was going to be late this time again. It’s been three days since he saw them being cozy with each other. And since then she would come home late and has had to eat alone. She said that she still has lots of work to finish and that he should eat first. Well he already ate; he can’t ignore his protesting stomach. But he still couldn’t be at ease when his wife still hasn’t come home yet.

Thinking that she and Joongki were together alone Jaejoong had a mentally stretching idea. His imagination went beyond closed doors, with the lights turned off and Joongki making his move on his wife. He groaned in frustration, dishevelling his hair. Not being able to wait anymore he grabbed his keys and jolted to the door.

When he got there that guard was surprised but still let him in. why wouldn’t he? He owns the building and every single thing on it; the guard better knows that to get fired. He went straight to their floor and looked for Danmi. Like before, her head was buried in the documents that seemed to have decreased just a little bit. He looked around. She was alone in the room but another table still have a bag on the table and the chair wasn’t properly placed; meaning that Song JoongKi guy was still probably in the building.

Realizing another presence Danmi looked up “Jaejoong, what are you doing here?” she stood up, confusion written on her face.

“We’re going home” he announced before grabbing her by the arm and pulling her away.

“What the heck was that for?!” the moment they arrived hope, the couple started spouting at each other.

“As if you don’t know” Jaejoong retorted with sarcasm making Danmi even angrier than she already is.

“I don’t!” she yelled in frustration. He suddenly comes in and dragged her home and he expects her to know the reason? “I was working then you suddenly came and dragged me home! How am I supposed to know what’s going on in that head of yours!”

“You’ve been going home late. You are my wife Danmi. You should be waiting for me when I got home, prepare me meals and draw me baths. But no I’ve been making my meal and eating alone for the past week. I gave you that job for you to have something to do not for it to be the only thing you do.”

The living room suddenly became a battle ground, with neither one backing down. “Are we having a fight just because I wasn’t able to cook you meals?” Danmi couldn’t believe it. How could they fight over such trivial things? “You’re mad at me because I’m not doing my duty as your wife?”

“Yes!” he exclaimed. Dragging her home was some sort of adrenaline rush and this confrontation wasn’t one he thought through. He just wants that Joong Ki guy far from his wife as possible. “And you are always with that Joong Ki guy. How could a married woman like be so close and comfortable with other men. Have some decency would you.”

Danmi’s mouth hanged open in disbelief. How could Jaejoong say those things to her? He basically called her a loose woman. She was disappointed and hurt that of all people who judged her, it was her husband who pushed her the lowest. “For your information I am- we are not doing anything wrong. Joong Ki and I are friends. We are colleagues and he’s been a great help to me. We work together so it’s only natural for us to be always together. And it’s not like I didn’t told you. I texted you didn’t I?”

“You think that’s enough? Whenever I see you, you are always laughing and flirting with that guy. How could you be so careless with your act? Don’t you even think about what people would say?” Jaejoong’s angered heightened remembering the scene he saw a few days ago.

“Nothing!” Jaejoong was a bit taken back with her answer. “Jaejoong nothing. Because they don’t know I’m your wife. Because they don’t even know that you are married, that we are married.” Danmi’s voice softened as if words from give her wounds “Everyone thinks that you are a bachelor. They didn’t know you’re married. They think that their precious CEO Kim Jaejoong is man with free hands who could bang whoever he wants and whenever he wants. And whatever I do has no relation to you. Because as far as everyone is concerned the only thing we had in common is our surname and apparently with almost half of Korea.”

As misleading it is, Jaejoong got her massage. She can do whatever she wants because he does whatever he wants. And the red string they said faith connected them with was indeed invisible. So invisible that he himself doubt if it even exist. Losing his energy from world war III, Jaejoong took a seat on the couch followed by Danmi.

“If you are worried that people would point fingers at you and things get ugly, I assure you, that wouldn’t happen. I wouldn’t intentionally do things to hurt you or make you look bad.” The look on her eyes showed her sincerity. “I promise that I’ll do my best so that I could cook you dinner. It’s just; I’m still new at the company and needs to adjust. Let me get settle down first alright?”

Jaejoong nodded lightly looking at the floor. Seeing her husband still feel wary, she tried to to ease a little. “Are you jealous?”

Jaejoong head perked up and looked at Danmi, panic written on his face. Danmi was surprised by his reaction but recovered fast. Her lips turned into a giddy smile “You are jealous!”

“I I’m n-not!” he averted his eyes and shift on his seat showing that he was nervous and that Danmi nailed the spot. “But I don’t like that guy being so close to you. You are a married woman, after all.”

“That guy?”

“Any guy” he corrected.

Danmi grinned from ear to ear. “I know that I’ married to you Jaejoong, I never forgot that. I would never cheat on you.” She scooted near him and gave him a side hug. One of the things Jaejoong likes about Danmi is her warm and comforting hugs. “Jagiya, you don’t have to be worried. I won’t look at any other guy besides you.” Danmi buried her face in the crook of her neck as if she wants to hide herself. “I know it’s an arranged marriage but I’ll do my best to make things work. I don’t want us to fight. Let’s do our best to tolerate each other. We can be best friends.” she said in half whisper.

Jaejoong looked over his shoulders and met her eyes. “Best friends?” Danmi nodded with her head still in his shoulders and her arms wrapped around him. “Of course”

Danmi smiled from ear to ear and gave Jaejoong a quick peck on the cheek. Jaejoong was taken back a little but didn’t show any emotion. Instead he returned her peck with a fast kiss on her lips. Danmi’s arms fell to her side and straightened up surprised at his actions. Jaejoong seeing her body froze took the opportunity close the gap between them again and give her a full kiss on the lips. Danmi hesitated a bit but rationality lift her head when Jaejoong’s lips massaged hers. Slowly she responded to the kiss.

His arm s around her back and pulled her closer deepening their kiss. His lips and nibbled hers, making her whimper. Like having a mind of its own, Danmi hands wrapped on Jaejoong’s nape and her fingers played with his hair. 

He could tell his wife was a new player at this game but she does her best to keep up with him. Following his ministrations and mimicking his actions, their lips danced together in perfect synchronization. She ended up seating on his lap with his hands on her back for support. His other hand cupped her face and pulled her chin down opening for him. He slid his tongue inside and explored leaving no room undiscovered. Their tongue’s twisted as they bobbed their heads lost in the sensation. He loving the way she tasted, eliciting a moan from her.

Danmi never experienced being kissed like that before. In fact her first kiss was on their wedding day and that was just their lips touching for more than a second. But this was different, this made her feel light headed, makes her think that she doesn’t need to think anymore.

(^+^)(^0^)(^+^)

Danmi was buried her work when a hand holding a cup of her favourite coffee landed on her table. “Thanks” she smiled taking the cup in her hands.

“Your cup of coffee isn’t cheap. You drink that every day, rich aren’t we?” Joongki teased.

“Let’s just say I’m high maintenance.” She chuckled but inside she’s feeling a bit uncomfortable hiding the truth form him. Well not exactly hiding, preventing from knowing just to be clear. She knows everybody would know eventually. But things happening the way it is, even with little effort that someday would still be a long way.

“I guess I have to start looking for a five star restaurant.” Danmi looked at him puzzled. “I was hoping we could eat dinner out tonight. There’s a place I know that’s really good but I guess that place that won’t do.”

She was taken back with his confidence “Since when was that arranged? When did I say yes? When did you even asked?”

Like usual he sat on the corner of her table again. “Well, I was going to ask you now.”

“What if I said I’m busy?”

“Then I’ll ask until you say you are not busy.”

“What if I said no?”

Joongki pondered for a moment as if the thought of her rejecting him never crossed his mind. “There will only two reason for you to say no. First is you have a boyfriend.”

“Second?”

“You’re not bit least attracted to me. And let’s face it; the latter one is definitely a big no.”

“You’re that confident?”

“Yeah pretty much” he nodded nonchalantly.

She put a hand on his shoulders “I’m sorry to break it up to you but the answer is a no.”

“No?”

“Yeah, no” she declared spinning her chair to the side going back to her working table and organizing the papers on her desk.

“You have a boyfriend?”

“It’s not that.”

“You don’t like me?!!” That’s just a solid punch on his flower boy pride.

“Not that either.”

“You don’t make sense at all.” He shook his head side to side making Danmi chuckled. “Are you playing hard to get?”

“Not really” She shook her head side to side. “But I think it’s a good chance to bust that big ego of yours down.”

“Oh come on. Girls are drawn to guys with big ego. You know a gentleman but a bit erted. Boy next door but occasionally a bad boy. Admit it girls are drawn to that.”

She put her hand on her chin and nodded “True, I gotta admit you’re right about that.”

“So you’re now going to have dinner with me?”

Her hand covered her chuckle “still no.”

“Are you committed? Exclusively dating? In a relationship? It’s complicated? Or whatever status kids use in facebook these days?” She laughed melodically amused with his words but didn’t answer nonetheless. “Fine, since I don’t have much free time either I’ll let you off. You can say no for now but I’m not giving up. I’ll get that date sometime in the future. I’ll make sure of it.”

“Don’t count on it.”

(^+^)(^0^)(^+^)

Loosening his tie, Jaejoong sighed a bit feeling a lump in throat. The branch in Jeollado would start construction soon and he’s doing his best to gather and convince more investors that the venture isn’t a stupid idea. But since the province is, well really a province with many senior residents and mostly hitting their forever beds soon, he’s having a hard time. But the investors haven’t seen the place before; they still haven’t seen the potential of the scenery attracting foreigners and other investors. He knows that someone just need to start it and Jeollado would be a city any time soon. They didn’t saw what his eyes did.

And it seems all the late nights and meals skipping are finally taking toll on his body. Looking at the clock, Jaejoong grunted and rubbed his temple. It’s already 9 p.m. and the last meal he had was the brunch before lunch.

“You shouldn’t over work your body like this.” A voice stated making Jaejoong snap his head up.

“You’re still here?” he shifted and leaned on his seat.

“You’ve been coming home late for a few days already and I guess tonight was no different. So thinking about those people who sleep with empty stomachs, I decided to come here and not waste food” By the time Jaejoong comes home he’ll be too tired to do anything. After he changed his clothes, his eyes would automatically close. Thus Danmi’s cooking would be found in the trash every morning

“It’s late. You should have gone home first.”

“You don’t want to me here?”

“It’s not that.” He shook his head afraid that she might misunderstand that he doesn’t want them to be seen together. “It’s not safe for you to be here at this late hour.”

“It’s alright. We could go home together.” She answered with a smile. He felt his lips twist in smile. It’s not like she was out on the streets at this time of the night and she is with him after all. Nothing bad would ever happen to her if he’s around.

“You brought food?” he asked standing from his seat, wondering if Danmi also heard his bones cracking from sitting too long.

She sat on one of the chairs for his guest took out the contents of her paper bag. “You eat Chinese take-out right?”

Jaejoong nodded sitting down opposite from hers and opening the take outs. With a shanghai roll on one hand Danmi looked around his office as Jaejoong chomp down on some noodles. “Your office is so uhhm neat?” her head tilt to the side as if that word was well thought through.

“What? I like my office.” He answered before sipping from his drink.

“But it’s so unfriendly. No wonder why people call this ‘the torture chamber’”

“The what?!” He never heard that one before. He might have fired a few people and screamed on more than a few in his office. Maybe not a few, but torture chamber? Isn’t that pretty mean?

“It’s elegant and all but it looks like Tim Burton was your interior designer.” He sank back to the chair flabbergasted. Seeing he took a hit she tried to save the situation. “Your office looks exquisite; it’s just that it’s black.”

“I like black”

“I like black too but you don’t see our house with black carpet, black couch, black table and black plates.” She emphasized her point raising the black mug on her hand. “There are other colours aside from black you know. I can already imagine you secretary turning into a puddle while you lecture her for doing something wrong.” She chuckled imaging the scared look on the poor secretary’s face.

Now that he thought about it, he thinks she’s right. Crossing his leg with the fried rice on his hand “And what do you propose?”

“Renovation” she smiled from ear to ear like a child given a big candy.

“No” he said flatly.

She went to sit beside him and tugged on his arm. “But jagiya, this room kills all soul that goes through that door. How can people hear whatever lecture or sermon you’re saying if they’re too busy getting their souls by this room?” He looked at her in disbelief. His office is that bad? “Come on, you should totally fix this place. Maybe just change a few things here and there. Add some colours and dispose some blacks” she cling to his arms surveying the room already planning what would be donated.

Finishing his meal he drank some coke “I’m too busy to do those things, some other time. When I got some free time”

“Free time? When’s that? When you retire?” she rolled her eyes. “This place needs a new look now. All this black is taking out all the creativity and ideas. All black is stressful and makes people gloomy.” She took a pause crossing her arms over her chest before using her last card “besides studies shows that negative colour would make your body age faster. It would turn your hair white faster, give you wrinkles  and just make you look old and everything.” Okay, she made that up but the look in his face is totally worth it and seeing he almost dropped the mug on his hand, she knew he was convinced. “I could redecorate this place if you want.”

“You?” he looked at her sceptically.

“Decorating is a girl’s thing. Besides look at our house it’s not bad right? I think I can handle a small office like this” Their house is better than fine. In fact no visitor has ever left their premises without a few words of adornment to their humble abode.

“I don’t know. I’m not sure about this.” He said still unconvinced.

“Just say yes. I’ll take care of everything” she grunted as if acting all sweet and bubbly was exhausting. “You don’t have to worry about a thing. I’ll do it after office hours and I’ll do my best not to bother you.”

Raising the white flagged “fine”

(^+^)(^0^)(^+^)

“I don’t like pets” Jaejoong grimaced as Danmi placed a bowl on the table at the corner of the room. Just like the other nights before, the two of them stayed after everyone else have already gone home.

“That’s what you first said about Jiji. Look how close you are now.” Jaejoong stared at the small aquarium. Maybe this redecoration thingy is not such a good idea after all. “You don’t even have to take care of it. Your secretary could feed it every day, change the water when necessary. Just ignore it and pretend like it’s not even there.”

“Why do you even have to put one there?” he asked still with paper work on his hands.

“It’s good for you. Water is relaxing and if you get stressed or just taking breaks you could play or just stare at the fish it will ease some tension.” She smiled tapping her fingers into the glass.

“If you say so.” His office changed so much after just a few nights. Every night would be spent with him sitting at his desk working while Danmi go back and forth around the room decorating. She would ask his opinion from time to time. He would make suggestion and give comments a few times.

Just like what she said before, they became friends. The awkward feeling wasn’t there anymore. The feeling of having to watch your every move wasn’t there anymore. They’ve grown comfortable with each other. Telling humourless jokes, pigging out on take out foods, acting all silly and just plain weird became natural for them.

Jaejoong felt something he never felt before, contentment. He used to want a lot of things before; girls, cars, his father’s recognition, and many others more. But now he realized he doesn’t need those things anymore. Right now he felt that he doesn’t have to prove himself anymore. Danmi made him feel like he just has to do his best and things would follow suit and that things just could go on like this.


Welcome new subbies!!

I know it's been a century since i've updated but rest assured that this story will see it's end. Not any time soon since I have reality to battle every day. I just moved houses and now lived in the city. Far from the small town where I grew up so i'm kind of having a hard time adjusting to my surrounding and to people around me. I'm still also adjusting with my first job and all. So everything is just all shady, gloomy, exciting, frustrating and many other colors of the rainbow. There are many days that I feel like I should just pack my bags and go home but then again if I did that, the so called five/ten years from now me, wouldn't be so much different from the present me. Sorry for ranting and emo to you all. I guess I just don't have any other way to bent out my frustration. It's not like I can tell my family how much of a hard time I'm having when it's my own decision to begin with.

And of course I can't say thank you enough to you subbies how keep helping me push myself up and making me feel better. Thanks to someone (cough _DyNaR_ cough) I've been eating a lot of sweets and keep listening to Colors of Melody and Harmony (cough oatlover cough). Thanks guys love you lots.

PS. 

_DyNaR_ and oatlover you guys are genius.. =)

something for y'all

 

SAY WHAT??

WANT TO BE THAT TEDDY BEAR SO BAD!!