Chapter 16: Worth Nothing Next to You

Loving You Is Not An Easy Thing To Do

thanks to you guys i got the number of likes requred for that subject. And just like I promised i'll update. thank you very much. I know I can count on you. =)

And guys don't forget to comment and subscribe.


Jaejoong smiled from ear to ear as he waited for Yuri. Today was one of the rare days when the two of them could go shopping and just have the whole day to themselves. He must admit Yuri has a name but she’s not that famous yet and right now he’s really very thankful of that. The possibility of someone recognizing her and making fuzz right there in the rich mall of Gangnam was more or less zero, well of course Jaejoong did that math.

Yuri tried on several shirts and dresses and Jaejoong’s heart would flutter every time she’ll emerge from the fitting room. “You say everything looks good!”

“Because it is! You look good in any clothes honey.” Jaejoong stood up and pulled her closer. “actually you make the clothes look good.”

“Sweet tongue”

“Wanna taste?”  Jaejoong taunted pulling her to the fitting room closing the door.

 

Danmi stared at the menu on her hand scanning the contents. “chicken or beef?” she asked looking up.

“Both” Changmin answered in monotone.

Danmi and Changmin dictated their orders to the awaiting waiter who almost ran of paper to write the orders with. “My friend says this place serves the juiciest meat.”

“Really? I only ordered 1 of that” Changmin stated.

“Then just order another one if it’s really good. Besides we ordered lots I’m sure we’ll be pretty full.”

“We’ll see.” They were having a normal conversation when Changmin saw a familiar face. “Jaejoong hyung!” he shouted but immediately regretted as he saw who’s trailing behind him.

Danmi stiffened and suddenly a lump formed in . Her husband stood there with a girl holding hand in hand. She’s no fool one look and she knows its Yuri. Seeing they were even wearing couple shirts, Danmi felt the scarcity of oxygen in her lungs. “Are you ok?” Changmin asked as the two approaches their table. But Danmi didn’t say anything. She just sat there with a poker face on, gone was the girl who so cheerful a moment ago.

“Changmin, it’s been a long time. How have you been?” Yuri smiled widely at Changmin and the latter couldn’t help but smile back. Yuri has that effect on people.

“I’m fine Yuri shi.”

“And who’s the lovely lady here? Is the makhnae on a date?” Yuri taunted a bit having no idea how mistaken she is.

“I’m Kim Danmi, Jaejoong’s wife.”

 

Jaejoong throat felt dry like he ran in a marathon at the Sahara desert. The four of them sat there no one daring to speak. Changmin and Danmi sat together on the other side were him and Yuri with Jaejoong and Danmi facing each other. Her face was unreadable just like the first time they met. They were looking each other’s eyes as if a staring contest has begun, neither of them backing down.

“It’s nice to finally meet you Danmi shi” Yuri tried breaking the silence.

Danmi tore her gaze away from Jaejoong and bowed a bit politely as if acknowledging something but didn’t say anything. Jaejoong couldn’t describe how he was feeling. He knows that both are educated enough not to have a cat fight but if that happen which side will he be on?

“Well this is awkward.” Changmin stated as he left out a leaned back on his seat like a spectator waiting for the highlight of the show.

To their surprise Danmi giggled somehow. “Come on let’s eat. I know you guys are starving”

Danmi picked her chopsticks and everyone reluctantly followed. Danmi blew air to the hot shabu shabu meat before putting in . “Changmin this is good. You should try.” She mouthed with full.”

“Where?”

“Here” she said as she raised her chopsticks with meat feeding Changmin. Jaejoong and Yuri stopped eating staring at the two. Jaejoong suddenly want to shove the whole chopsticks in his brother’s mouth.

Changmin’s head nodded in approval. “Better than the last restaurant we went to.”

“I agree but I like the vegetables there more. They’re fresher.”

“They’re organic.” They talked like there are only two of them there.

“You’ve been going on dates?” Jaejoong’s asked. How come he never heard about it before? They’re living under one roof and meeting at school every day how come nobody told him?

“Jaejoong, it’s not a date. Don’t make me sound like I’m cheating on you.” Their eyes met, both knowing what her words meant. Honestly Jaejoong doesn’t know what to do. He knew he talked to Danmi before but they didn’t really get any disclosure. He just said that he’s not going to break up with Yuri but still Danmi agreed to marry him. So Danmi’s fine with Him and Yuri being together, right?

Changmin chew watching the three. His hyung must be having world war three inside him now but for him this is world class entertainment. Deciding he’s at least nice enough to save his hyung “We are eating buddies. We visit restaurants here and there. So far we’ve been to 16 restaurants this is the 17”

“Since when did this start?” Yuri asked not wanting to be treated like she doesn’t exist.

“Three months ago after Jaejoong and I got married.”

“Seo Danmi!” Jaejoong snap. He knew Danmi’s trying to do something and he’s not allowing any of it to happen.

It’s like she didn’t hear a word he said but Danmi felt like someone punched on her chest. Right, she’s only a Kim on papers. Her insides we’re trembling but none of it could be seen on her outer shell. She’s good, isn’t she? She’s trained after all. She’s highly educated who could keep her emotions under control. She’s Seo Danmi and nobody knows what she’s capable of doing. She could act composed and well behaved like she’s just eating with a couple of friends having a normal conversation and not look like the grim ripper even if her husband is cheating and making a fool of her right on her face. “Yuri shi, I see you on TV and if I may say you look even more stunning in person.”

Yuri didn’t know what to say. Danmi’s suddenly change of mood confused her. “ahhm, thanks.” She’s honestly afraid by now. She knows Danmi’s shooting arrows and throwing daggers at her. But honestly she thought she would make a scene or a full show even but she kept her smiling face on and that scared her even more.

Danmi silently took deep breaths, counting knives in her head trying to calm her heart down. All sorts of emotions are going through her. Seeing them so happy together, anger was consuming her that she wants to throw the boiling shabu shabu at them. At the same time her heart felt like it was stab and trampled. Here they are cheating, her being humiliated but all what Jaejoong does was defend and watch out for Yuri. She felt so small she thought she was shrinking every second she sat there.

The food doesn’t seem appetizing anymore. In fact the moment she saw them together Danmi wanted to stand up and leave, but she didn’t. She’s a civilized person isn’t she?

Needing a breather Jaejoong excused himself to the restroom only to be followed by Changmin a few minutes later. “Why did you left them there?!”

“Hyung they need this.”

“What if something happens?!” he shouted.

“Like what? A cat fight? Stabbing? Hitting? You know both of them are not that immature.”

“You know that could happen.” Jaejoong reasoned out. The last thing he wanted was Yuri getting hurt.

“Hyung it wouldn’t. Let’s give them time.”

After Jaejoong and Changmin left Yuri and Danmi stare at each other weigh up each other’s aura. Yuri wanted to meet Danmi. But she didn’t have the courage to do so. She’s afraid that she’ll call her names and she won’t be able to day anything because all of it would be true. “Danmi shi about Jaejoong and me, I know its wrong bu-”

“Then why are you doing it? You know it’s wrong and are you still doing it, I don’t know what you could call that.” Danmi’s voice didn’t even raised at all and it made Yuri even guiltier.

“Because I love him.”

“And he loves you too.” Danmi left out a humourless painful laugh. “I mean nothing to him. I don't even matter to him. He made that clear to me even before we got married. He said he loves you and he couldn’t live without you. Imagine hearing that from the guy you’re about to married in a week”

“I -”

“I still married him though” she cut. She doesn’t want to hear her reason, because to her they don’t matter. Danmi felt a black hole appeared in her heart. Her voice getting smaller with every word “he told me that he’ll love no one but you. That I’m insane and he’ll just make me cry. I guess he was right.”

“Danmi shi, he knew me before he knew you. You two are only arranged. Your marriage is nothing and fake.” She’s making her feel guilty and Yuri’s not going to allow it. She loves Jaejoong and she’s going to fight for their love just like he did.

“I know. You’re not hearing anything from me right? I close my eyes and cover my ears whenever you two talk on the phone. I pretend like I believe whenever he lies when he goes to you. Yuri shi, this is the best I can do. Please don’t ask anymore because I also have my limits. Don’t ask if I’m okay with what you and Jaejoong have. Don’t be that cruel.” Danmi’s voice cracked. She’s pleading even though she knows she shouldn’t be.

A moment of silence passed them “I just want you to know that I never want for this to happen. I never meant to hurt you.”

“I know. The three of us are just caught up in between. I won’t lie and say that I don’t hate the two of you but I understand. In some cruel way, I understand.”

When Changmin and Jaejoong got back Yuri left and Danmi was sitting there alone. “Where is she? What did you do to her?”

“If you’re thinking if I hit her or threw water on her I didn’t. Though I was considering it” all the pent up frustration finally blowing up. Not even Jaejoong’s cold voice or his eyes that could kill scare her anymore. He’s hurting her and she wouldn’t even hit back? She’s not that petty.

Changmin tried to stop his hyung but he just pushed him and swatted his arm away. Suddenly Jaejoong grabbed her wrist his fingers digging on her skin. “I swear, you hurt her or even touch her I’ll--”

“You’ll what?” she shouted back, her voice getting thin with every word. “What Jaejoong? What could you possibly do that’s worse than what you’re doing now? Tell me coz I can’t think of anything.” Her face was red from anger but she looked as if she’s about to cry. Her eyes were pleading as they whisper in each other’s faces.

Hearing her words and seeing her face, Jaejoong let go of her now bruised hand and left, leaving a broken Danmi with Changmin.


el_lirio85 - Yes, he does. but he makes her cry too.

VIP1CASSIE - Thank you for liking my photo. I really appreciate it.

1003dumz  - Here's your update. I hope you liked it. =)

misseunhye  - thank you for liking the chapter and the picture. I hope you enjoy this one as well. =)

Heart_teanee  - We'll get there but for now they have to face their problems first. Please continue to subscribe

_DyNaR_  - she won't tell since she kept most things to herself. And she's not the type to talk about bad things that happens to her life. She feels that can't show other people weekness. She feels that she should keeo it to herself and it up. Thank you very much for liking.. =)