Ch 28: They're your family too

Loving You Is Not An Easy Thing To Do

“Did he make you cry?”

“Huh?” Did Danmi ever tell you how weird Song Joong Ki is? Yeah, that’s part of his charm but still, he’s weird.

His hands on both of his waist “your eyes are a bit swollen and your cheek are a bit puffy.”

“Why would you assume that some guy made me cry? It could be a tear jerker movie or some painful injury. It could be a lot of things actually.” She seated on her seat with Joong Ki seating on her desk like usual.

“True. But since you told me before that you’re in a very complicated relationship. I assumed that that guy was the reason.”

“I’m fine. It’s not what you think and it’s none of your business.” She shook her head from side to side.

“You’re hurting my feelings you know.” Somehow she woke up on the wrong side of the bed and she’s not in the mood nor have the tolerance to go through this one side flirting game.

“Then back off. There are lots of girls out there who would want to date you. So cut me some slack alright. Girls would kill anyone who dates you.” Everybody was watching their mini series already. Everyone has their eyes glued to the scene in front of them. 

She was going to walk out but he griped her arm not so lightly. “Come on, I’m not that bad. Let’s just give it a try. I’m a great guy you know. It won’t be your loss.”

“Let go.” She pried his arms away. “This is getting too much. I don’t like you like that. I’m already married.” She regretted the moment the words left her mouth. She knows that one statement would lead to another. But this guy is really persistent and right now he’s pushing her at her wits end.

“You’re lying. You don’t even have a wedding ring on your finger. And you don’t act like you have a boyfriend either.” he laughed like she just told a stupid joke and that grade- school kids could come up with a better lie.

“I’m not lying. I am married!” friend or not Danmi is close to punching the lights out of him. So what if she’s married and her husband only bought her a ring because it’s required on their wedding day(she chose it but he paid for it). So what if her husband never gave her a check up call. So what if they don’t have any picture aside from their wedding photos that’s only for jiji’s eyes to see. So what if she’s working over-time on Valentine’s Day, White Day, holidays and on her birthday. So what right?

“She’s not lying.”

Joong Ki and Danmi looked where the voice was coming from. Everyone stood in silence, surprise at his sudden appearance. 

“She’s actually married to me. So I would greatly appreciate it if you would stop making moves on my wife and mind your own business.” Jaejoong’s eyes were so cold and piercing the room temperature dropped. Seeing Joong Ki’s arms fell to his sides Jaejoong stride calmly to them not removing his gaze on his. That’s what scared Danmi more. An angry irritated Jaejoong is better than an empty poker face Jaejoong. If he’s like that, who knows what he’ll do next.

He pulled her by the waist taking Danmi in surprise. Given the situation, she can’t help but stare at his only inch apart face while he has a staring competition with Joong Ki. “She already belongs to me so back off.” 

Every mouth gasping became the scene’s background music. Danmi thinks she heard something fall and something broke. She’s not quite sure. Her mind’s too busy or too clogged up depending on how you put it, processing what happened. Jaejoong just told everyone that she belongs to him. That changes a lot, really, a LOT.

“What are you thinking about?” he kept his eyes on the road with both hands on the steering wheel.

“Why did you do that?” her eyes sparkled under the moonlight.

“Do what?”

She nudges his arm “you know what.”

“You don’t want me to?” did he make a wrong move?

Danmi shook her head and smiled, meeting his gaze for a second before he looked back on the road. “I was just surprise. He was really persistent. It’s getting annoying actually. He’s a good friend though.”

“Are you defending him?”

“Why? Are you jealous?” They arrived at their house with Jaejoong walking inside faster than he used to.

“Of course not” he dropped to the couch loosening his tie.

“Then why did you tell everyone that we’re married? Why tell everyone I belong to you?” she stood in front of him with her arms crossed on her chest demanding for some answers.

Jaejoong stared at her as if contemplating which words is the best answer. Danmi stood there waiting, her heart racing faster each second that comes by. She’s doing her best to keep calm but inside her heart’s beating so fast she feels like it’s going to go explode any time.

“Because that’s the truth.” Danmi don’t know if it’s possible but she swears heart stopped beating. He pulled her down beside him. His thumb caressed her face as his eyes pierced through her. “You’re my wife and you belong to me.”

Danmi forgot everything. Blinking, breathing, thinking, she forgot everything. His head tilted to the side as he gave her a kiss. Her eyes slowly fluttered closed, giving in to her husband’s ministrations. First it was a soft kiss with just lips touching. But Jaejoong pressed deeper in which Danmi surrender with no contradictions. His lips played with hers and Danmi let him. He nibbled and  on her lips making her feel faint. She’s never been kissed like that before. Butterflies and fireworks as people would describe, Danmi has no idea. 

His hand was on the back of her head, the other hand pulling her to sit on his lap. Her arms wrapped around his nape with her legs on both of his sides. He  her lips making Danmi shiver. He could tell she was new to this. And it made him happy that he’s the one to teach the endless lesson of married life. Reluctantly her mouth slightly opened and Jaejoong wasted no time. He pulled her closer their chest touching. He slipped his tongue and explored her. 

He never kissed someone like this before. All the girls he kissed before were experience. Pros, hustlers, and experts as how they put it but Danmi’s different. She’s nothing like those girls. Proving her reputation Danmi kissed back. Jaejoong smiled, Danmi’s a fast learner after all. She bit back making Jaejoong grunt. Their tongue’s danced together as their heads bobbed and their mouths make slurping sounds. 

Jaejoong’s hands caress her back as his mouth travelled from her jawline to her neck. Like some addiction, he bit,  and  her neck making purple bruises. He found her sensitive spot making her moan involuntarily. She can feel him grinning as he continued to  and  on her sensitive spot. Her heavy breathing tickled his ear. His hand slipped under her shirt caressing her soft skin underneath. Danmi buried her head on his neck and Jaejoong thought she would return his purple bruises but to his disappointment she didn’t. Her arms went tighter around his nape and turned into a hug. Her head buried on his neck and her body motionless.

Jaejoong sighed, closing his eyes and throwing his head back. He gets it, they should stop. She’s not ready yet. “It’s alright.” He  her head with his other hand wrapped around her waist. “We both had a long day. Let’s call it a night.” With her head still buried on the crook of his neck Danmi weakly nodded.

Still with Danmi’s legs wrapped around him, Jaejoong stood up holding her tightly and brought her to his room. Gently he laid her down on his bed and tucked her in. Unable to look at him Danmi turned to her back. “Jagiya look at me.” He pulled her to face him.

“Are you mad?”

He smiled and wrapped her in his arms. “Of course not” He kissed her forehead and inhaled her scent. “Believe it or not, that’s not the only thing I think about. Let’s go to sleep. We have a big day tomorrow” Danmi smiled. She’s so happy she felt like crying. Tears of joy, that really sounds stupid to her. But maybe it’s alright to be stupid sometimes. 

(^+^)(^0^)(^+^)

After dinner Jaejoong went to his study to finish some paperwork. He finds it funny though. The things he used to hate, the position he used to despise, is where he is right now. He’s a workaholic he admits. Wouldn’t you be if you’re good at what you’re doing and you get paid for it and having thousands of lives on your shoulders gives no time for slacking off either. Their company’s one of the backbones of Korea’s economy and just one wrong decision could have a domino effect recession. 

Looking at the financial statement, Jaejoong rubbed his temples. As much as he likes buying over companies, reading and studying every business aspect gives him a headache. Then everything went black.

He waited for the lights to go back again but minutes passed and the room stayed pitched black. We don’t have a generator he thought. They used to have generators at the mansion so the longest black out he experienced was 34 seconds. “Danmi!” 

Slowly like a blind person using small steps he made out of his study. “Danmi!” his voice rising a few notes higher. All these darkness is making him remember all the horror movies Yunho made him watched. His heart beats on his chest as he musters the courage in his body. 

“Danmi!” There’s a boogieman that kills people. 

Those cannibal lunatics on wrong turn “Danmi!”

There’s a really ugly doll that also kills people. His name is Chuky if Jaejoong remembers correctly “Danmi!”

There’s a scene just like this in paranormal activity “Danmi!”

Then there’s Annabelle. “BOO!”

“AHHHH!” Jaejoong shouted and cursed on the top of his lungs in the highest pitch he himself never heard before. “WHAT THE K!!!”

“Wahahahah!!!” Danmi rolled on the floor laughing hitting the ground with her hand and a flash light on another. “Yo-you should’ve seen haha face.” she continued laughing while Jaejoong holds his heart.  “totally girly.”

He pushed her on the shoulders lightly, pissed and embarrassed at the same time. “You surprised me! I’ve been calling you. Why the heck aren’t you answering?”

Her laughter subsided a bit but when she saw his white as paper face she burst out laughing again. “Mian, I was looking for candles and flashlights. I didn’t mean to scare you.” She said after her laughter died down but the smile was still plastered on her face.

“I wasn’t scared! You-you just surprised me that’s all!” he defended stuttering with his lies. He’s a man with pride after all. Even if he screamed like a little girl, he’s still a man.

“Oh really?” Danmi raised her brows teasing. She is definitely enjoying this. “I thought you were gonna pee in your pajama’s any time soon.”

“Shut Up! Why’s the power out anyways?” his paper white face suddenly turned red in embarrassment.

Danmi seeing his blushing face chuckled more “I don’t know either.” She handed him some candles and started lighting them. After putting enough light, both settled on the sofa. But the summer nights not making the leather sofa good to the touch, and both ended sitting on the floor.

Suddenly Jaejoong felt something, he stiffened and for the second time blood left his face. Seeing his reaction Danmi chuckled “relax it’s just Jiji”

“Jiji!” he let out a sigh of relief.

“Aigoo, my baby’s scared too.” Danmi muttered petting Jiji ignoring his outburst. “Did you get scared? Aigoo did you get scared? Did you? My baby got scared, aigoo”

“Yah! I told you stop calling him baby!” Kim Jaejoong doesn’t like being ignored. Danmi turned her head for a moment then went back to petting Jiji again. “Yah!”

Giggling Danmi put Jiji down and started playing with Jaejoong’s face like what she did with Jiji. Her palms on both of his cheeks pressing and kneading them together making him look like a distorted fish. “You got scared too?  Did you? You did, didn’t you? Aigoo my baby got scared, aigoo” she said between laughs. 

“Aish!” he pushed her hands away making Danmi laugh even more. Danmi still chuckling crossed her legs and placed Jiji on her lap who made himself comfortable. 

“This is just like camping” Jaejoong smiled remembering the good times. “The five of us used to go camping. We would build fire and eat marshmallows. Changmin always brings the most food. He said it’s in case if the bears and lions steal our food.”

Danmi chuckled. “That’s definitely Changmin.”

“Yeah, Junsu and Yoochun would always sleep together as well as Yunho and I. but Changmin sleeps inside the food tent saying he’ll stay guard.” He added making Danmi laugh even harder.

“How old were you then?” she hugged her legs to her chest looking at his face under the candle light. All the lightings and storytelling makes the atmosphere somewhat romantic. Maybe next time she should kill the power so candle light story telling happens more often.

“I think we’re ten or eleven. It was Yunho’s idea. He said it was a great way to prove that we’re already men.” Jaejoong chuckled remembering their little ‘manhood ceremony’ on the woods. “Everything’s seems a good idea back then. It’s stupid actually.”

“That’s really nice.” She stretched her legs and leaned her head back. “You have great friends Jaejoong ah”

“They’re your friends too.” His statement made her open her eyes and look at his smiling face. “Sometimes I even think that they like you more than they like me.”

“Yeah I think I hear Junsu saying that one time.” a split second passed before both of them burst out laughing.

Their laughter died down and both relaxed in each other’s presence. “Tell me more about when you guys were kids.”

Jaejoong thought for a moment “We used to play and make shadow puppets.”

“Shadow puppets?”

He clasped his hands together making and looked at the shadow “guess what this is.”

“I have no idea.” She shook her head.

“It’s a rabbit”

Danmi bit her lips with her head angled to the side. “That doesn’t look like a rabbit at all. You stink, you always loose don’t you?”

“Yah!” he hit her lightly and made Danmi chuckle more “I’m a master shadow puppeteer. You’re just blind. Here what’s this?” he made another shadow.

“A fish?”

“It’s a snake.”

“How could that be a snake? That’s definitely a fish!”

“It’s a snake! See it’s crawling! sssssss” he made his point doing some had gesture and some background music.

“Babo! Snakes don’t crawl.  They don’t have legs.”

Jaejoong’s mind went blank for a second “slide! The snakes sliding! See! sssssss” again he did the motion with his hand making Danmi laughed even harder. 

“Araso, araso. It’s a snake if you say so.”

“How about this?” He made another animal and made some growling and barking sounds. “awww,, rffff. Rrrff” 

“That’s a dog!”

“Arrf. Arrf” Jaejoong continued. Danmi picked Jiji from her lap and raised the cat to battle the dog. “Come on Jiji don’t lose. You can totally take that ugly dog down.” She laughed in between the declaration war.

“Yah! who are you calling ugly! Arrff!! Grrll” his barks turned into growls but the smile never left his face. They should do this more often, spending time together, just the two of them. Even if everything turns bleak as long as Jaejoong has her, everything would be fine.

(^+^)(^0^)(^+^)

I know its been so long, too long actually.

but you know guys life has been busy with work , family and everything.

Playing adult is pretty tiring. I wish I could go back to the time when I was just a student and everything is so simple. When responsibilites are not trying to beat me up. Maybe that's why I like time travel dramas so much. If I were given a chance I would change a lot of things in the past or just go back to that time and do everything the same way again. I know I'm being emo again but I guess I just want to vent out my frustrations through writing a story. 

I don't know if you can still remember the story since its been so long since I've updated. If you've given up this story because its been so long. I don;t blame you and I apologize for leaving you guys hangin.