Ch 23: Changes

Loving You Is Not An Easy Thing To Do

His hand searched for his beeping alarm clock. After turning it off with still half closed eyes he slowly made his way to the kitchen. To his confusion Danmi was already standing there staring at him with plates on her hand. Realizing why she was looking at him like that “What? I sleep .” He was used sleep with only boxers on. Plus he used to live alone so there’s no reason for him to put clothes on.

“I didn’t say anything.” Danmi shrugged and continued to prepare their breakfast. It’s not like they’re still kids who’d go blushing seeing a half- guy. She studied in America, Japan and France you think she’d still be the conservative type?

Jaejoong was torn between going back to his room and grabbing a shirt or sit on the chair and retain his pride. Deciding that he’s the man of the house and that he’d be to selfish if he cover his perfect body, he took his seat. “I know I’m hot.” The look Danmi’s giving him made him rethink of keeping his pride. Her gaze didn’t even waver which was what he was expecting from her even if he already pointed it out. She’s not embarrass, not even a bit that it made Jaejoong more conscious. 

She chuckled and started eating her meal too but didn’t say anything making Jaejoong feel that she was actually mocking her with her chuckles. “Is there coffee?”

“No, but there’s milk.”

“I only drink coffee on mornings”

“You don’t eat?” she asked sipping her milk.

Jaejoong shook his head no chewing and swallowing before saying “I’m too lazy to wake up early and cook. So my breakfast is usually consists of coffee my secretary gives me every morning.”

“I’ll cook breakfast from now on. Drink the coffee your secretary gives you but during breakfast drink milk. It’s good for your body.” Her tone leaves no room for any violent reaction.

After breakfast Danmi walked him to the door. “Jae!” she called out.

“Your tie, let me fixed it.” She went over to him and fixed his crooked tie. “There all set. Take care” she gave him a quick peck on the cheek before waving goodbye.

Jaejoong waited for the elevator reach his floor. As soon as he got out his secretary greeted him with already a cup of coffee on her hand.

“You could have that” His secretary’s mouth hanged open in surprise. In her years of being her working at their company and being his secretary not even once did he refused a good coffee. “In fact don’t bring me coffee anymore unless I asked.” He instructed before closing the tinted glass doors of his office.

When he got home that night Danmi was already sleeping on the sofa with Jiji on her chest. He couldn’t help but smile how well Jiji have been behaving lately. He doesn’t annoy him anymore. He doesn’t ruin his things anymore. He doesn’t steal his things and hide it in his cat house anymore. In fact ever since Danmi was around Jiji never went near him again. As if relieved he doesn’t have to tolerate his master anymore.

Few weeks of leaving with her made Jaejoong finally comfortable. The first few days were really awkward since they were still adjusting with each other. But as time goes by he got accustomed with her presence. She would cook breakfast, send him off with a quick peck on the cheek and by the time he gets home dinner would be waiting. No matter how late he gets no matter how long the over time he does she’ll always be waiting for him. She doesn’t ask him what time he’ll get home and doesn’t hover. She’ll always ask him how his day went and he’ll tell her his work problems.

Gradually they became friends. He openly talks about girls in front of her. Girls he likes, girls he’s attracted to but not girls he slept with. He doesn’t bring home girls anymore as respect for her. He draws the line there. He knew she’s nice and tries her best to make what they have to work but she still has her limits.

(^+^)(^0^)(^+^)

There is something wrong with his car. It kept doesn’t speed any faster than 60 kph. Since it was lunch time he decided to go home and change cars or check up on her. After parked his car he typed in the password only to find music playing all over the house. Did he mention he has speakers all over the place?

She was nowhere to be found in the living room. “Danmi?” so headed for the kitchen where he found her wiping the table. She was just wearing a tank top and short shorts. Does she dress like this when she cleans the house?

No, No I’m not. I am not

 I’m not addicted to

But girl I guarantee that if you marry me

Then we’ll just might be

 

No, I am not

I’m not addicted to

But girl I guarantee that if you marry me

Then we’ll just might be

 

Her body did a wave and danced as her hand kept wiping who knows what. That just made Jaejoong gulp that was incredibly y and what the hell is with this song?! Like seriously!

He watched as she sang and danced while cleaning. That’s really turning him on. Is she seducing him? Most probably not, she doesn’t even know he’s standing behind her, staring, ready to pounce like a wolf. Does she even know that he’s ually frustrated? Ever since she came, night outs are becoming less and less. Now he can’t even remember when was the last time he --

Her words interrupted his thoughts. “Jaejoong, what you doin’ here?” obviously she was startled with his presence.

“Uhhm, there’s a problem with my car. I was nearby so I decided to change.” With the thoughts running in his mind he was a bit flustered but kept his cool.

“How long have you been standing there?” he could see she trembled a bit.

“Just now” he decided to just drop it. He doesn’t want things to get awkward. If he teases her, things might get out of hand and he doesn’t trust himself to make the right choice of words.

“Have you eaten?” he shook his head no.

“I didn’t know you were coming so I didn’t prepare anything. I’ll just cook something simple.” Jaejoong nodded as she put on her pink apron. That just made it look like she was only earing the apron. Jaejoong sigh but kept staring. This is just not good. “I’ll take a rest first.”

In a few minutes they were already eating. “What’s wrong with your car?

“It doesn’t speed up more than 60 kph. When I stepped on the gas the meter goes up but doesn’t go as fast and the motor makes weird noises. I’ll take to a repair shop tomorrow.”

“Don’t bother, maybe your oil filter’s just dirty or something might just be stuck. The oil just can’t pass through fast enough so you don’t speed up.”

“Since when did you become an expert in cars?” that might hurt his man pride a bit. Cars are supposed to be a guy’s thing and here she talks like he’s an idiot that he doesn’t even know the basic stuff.

After eating they went to the garage and Jaejoong opened his car’s hood for her. Danmi looked and studied it the engine at first while Jaejoong just look at what she’s doing. “I’ll just take it to the –“

She reached for something that stopped Jaejoong’s words. She unplug some chords, twisted and pulled a cylindrical shaped out. “See, its dirty” she pointed at the black stuff and took a rag that was sitting nearby and wiped the inside.

As far as Jaejoong knows once you open a car’s hood, everything is black and dirty but thinks she’s cool nonetheless and really looks hot in doing so. He almost forgot, Danmi’s the type of girl who’s not afraid to get her hands dirty. “Are you sure that works?” he looked at her sceptic.

“Have you no faith in me” she shook her head in mocking disbelief. “Why don’t you try?”

Jaejoong made his way to the driver seat and test the engine. And true to her words the engine raved up as he stepped harder. Now he’s just amazed at her. “Wow, how did you become a car expert so suddenly. A friend of mine buys and sells used cars, he thought me a few things” she smiled proudly. He knows she’s amazing but is she really that great? Was he really that blind only to see it now?

(^+^)(^0^)(^+^)

I’m sorry guys, I can’t reply to your comments. I’m going through something difficult right now. I’m depressed if that’s what you call it. So the chapter is a bit short, I try and make it up to you with the next ones. Anyway, comment and subscribe.. =)