Ch 6: A+!

Loving You Is Not An Easy Thing To Do

“That Lee guy is a playboy. Don’t associate with him.” Jaejoong said as he starts the car and puts his seatbelt on.

“So, I can’t be friends with him? Jaejoong, you’re friends with playboys, you are a playboy.” She said emphasizing the ‘You’ part. “I think I can handle myself. Beside he already knows that I’m engaged to you so I don’t think he wants to be more than friends with me.”

His eyes glinted on the road, his hands griping the steering wheel tighter than he normally would. Being labelled as a playboy stung his pride. He didn’t know why, he heard it before, a couple of times actually and he didn’t mind. But when she says it, he does mind. “You don’t know that. You don’t know what goes through a guy’s mind. And don’t level me with such people. I don’t play with stupid girls”

Her eyes widened, mouth gaping in disbelief. She felt offended. He’s definitely implying that she’s a stupid girl who’s really easy to get. The way he talks makes her feel that she’s a fragile idiot girl who will fall for any guys sweet words. “Are you saying I’m stupid?!”

“I didn’t say that.” He spared her a glanced before looking back at the road. “I just don’t want you getting fooled by him.”

“He’s just being nice striking a conversation. Just like what you were doing with those people you were talking, just like what other people in that party were doing. I don’t see why you’re making this such a big deal?”

The light turning red, his foot hit the brakes and his snapped his head to the side. “I’m not making it a big deal! And besides he just flirted with you a bit and you’re acting like you had an affair already!”

Flirting?! Affair?!  They exchanged a couple of words about chickens and they’re already flirting! He even said the word AFFAIR! Last time she checked they were still ENGAGED to be married. They still haven’t walked the aisle and said their deceitful ‘I dos’, so technically speaking she’s cheating. No, wait she’s not cheating. That guy’s getting too much on her mind. “Are you jealous or something? Cause your acting like you are.”

He took a deep breath cursing himself for losing his temper for a split second. “You know well I’m not. I’m just saying that you shouldn’t be friends with that kind of person.” It was a good thing he was driving or this conversation could be more heated than it already is.

“Really Jaejoong?” she said sarcastically. “That kind of person? Isn’t that too mean coming from you?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” he glared before placing his eyes back on the road.

“It means what you think it means” she spat back.

Realizing that this wasn’t worth to be labelled as their first fight and everything was just plain stupid, he took a deep breath and his voice went softer. “I’m just saying that you shouldn’t be associating yourselves with people who have a reputation like that. It wouldn’t do you any good. Is it that hard to do?”

Danmi sighed leaning back on her seat. She’s not going to have an immature fight with him. It’s not like they were friends already. If Jaejoong doesn’t want her befriending or talking to that Lee Min Ki guy then she won’t. It’s just a fire inside her was lit. You know being young and all, the more you say no the more they would want to push through. But fighting for something that’s not even there isn’t worth it. “If you don’t want to then I won’t associate with that guy or something. I don’t think I’ll even see him again.”

Jaejoong somehow felt relieved. He knows he’s in no place to restrict her but then again he’s just looking out for her. Fiancé or not, he doesn’t want her falling for that Lee Min Ki’s tricks. Jaejoong knows Danmi is a good girl. She’s the type who doesn’t play with people’s hearts and doesn’t deserve to be played with. “Turn left.”

“What?” Jaejoong asked again making sure he heard her right.

“Turn left over there.” She said as she pointed to the next corner they’re nearly approaching.

Jaejoong did as he was told. “Isn’t your house that way?”

“No, I don’t leave in that mansion. I live separately. I only go there when my parents are around.” She stated.

“Why?”

“That place is too big for me to live and it’s much more comfortable living alone. Turn right” She said as she pointed where they’re going to make the next turn.

“You don’t want to live in a big house?” The Kim’s mansion provides whatever Jaejoong needs thus preferring to live in a small apartment where swimming pools, basketball court, playroom, movie room and his expensive cars couldn’t be catered puzzles him.

“Nope I prefer a place where I don’t have to walk a mile just to get to my room” she said as she took her bag on her hands. “We’re here.”

Jaejoong stopped at a very elegant looking house. The outside screams ‘I have lots of money to pay for an architect’. The inside’s was even more splendid. True, the place was nowhere near his mansion but the interior design doesn’t fall too far behind. Anything and everything a person needs is over there, just a few things missing, in his opinion that is.

“I’ll make some tea.” She announced while taking her coat off leaving it somewhere before disappearing he assumed is the kitchen.

Like most people would, Jaejoong looked around. Expensive but only necessary furniture’s decorated the living room. The flat screen TV was in the middle of the living room, a grand piano and four doors that were probably rooms or bathrooms. Jaejoong looked through the paintings and the CD’s lying on the table and therefore concluded that a movie marathon was the reason why she was late earlier.

“Jaejoong, tea’s ready.”

They sat at the table made for five with Jaejoong holding a cup of tea with a slice of cake in front and Danmi holding a big bowl of bibimbap. “I’m hungry”

“Didn’t you eat at the party?”

“Still hungry.” Jaejoong couldn’t help to be amused at her appetite, a certain makhane of his popping into mind.

“You cooked that?” Jaejoong eyes followed her hand as she put a spoonful of bibimbap on .

“Yeah, I went to a cooking class before. I told you I was brought up to be a perfect wife.” He wasn’t really hungry but the way she ate made his stomach grumble. Seeing him eying his meal with his mouth already watering she offered “You want some?” Jaejoong nodded.

Danmi chuckled but got up to get a spoon and a bowl for him. “Here you go.” She said as she handed it to him. He took the spoon, ignored the other bowl and pulled the big bowl towards him, surprising Danmi.

“Don’t you have maids around?” he asked before filling his mouth with Bibimbap.

“No, maids are only nuisance. I don’t want my every move reported to my parents. Besides I could do most of the basic stuff and a lady cleaner comes here once a week.” She explained as she fought for the Bibimbap Jaejoong was reluctant to let go.

“True, maids are sometimes a pain in the .” He stated taking a scoop as it was his turn now with the pattern they develop a few seconds ago. Danmi raise her brows from the language but didn’t say anything. “Your place is great by the way. You play the piano?”

“I also took piano lessons when I was a kid” she answered truthfully.

“Really? What lesson didn’t you took?” he asked rhetorically. He was also like that when he was a kid. You know to be ‘a person with proper breeding’ as his parents put it. Honestly making him think he was some kind of dog when he was a kid. But he thinks somehow Danmi got more of it.

“I think I took a few more courses more than necessary.”

“Ballet?”

“Done”

“Karate?”

“A third Dan black belter. I’m also a black belter in Taekwondo and studied capoeira.”

“Swimming?”

“When I was 14.”

“Tea Ceremony?”

“12 years old.”

“Horseback riding?”

“When I was 15. Even fall of a horse a few times.”

“Surfing?”

“Vacation when I’m on 6th grade. Drowned once then they made me take lessons for CPR.”

“Sewing?”

“Sewing and knitting, also when I was 14. The same time I took house hold 101”

“You really took classes about that?!” his brows heightened with his spoon pointing towards her as she took her turn from the Bibimbap bowl.

“Yup, no kidding. As long as it’s about education I think I sat through it.” Hearing that Jaejoong snickered, a few courses coming to mind.

“How about education?” that made Danmi flustered.

“Uhmm yeah, when I was 16. That was really uncomfortable to sit through.” She could feel her cheek flushing right now. She should’ve at least expected this much from a womanizer.

“Really?! What grade did you get?” he smiled from ear to ear, finding their talk much more interesting now. If Jaejoong was a bit tired before, now she got his full undivided attention.

Danmi laughed out covering her uneasiness “haha, Kim Jaejoong you really are a ert. Who ask those kinds of questions?”

“Who takes those kinds of lessons?”

“I told you, I was meant to be the perfect wife.”

 “You would be” his mouth said. Even Jaejoong didn’t know where that came from. Both of them froze as they look at each other with their mouths pressed into thin lines, not sure what to do with the suddenly awkward atmosphere.

Danmi broke the contact first looking away. “uhm thanks.”

A wave of silence passed through them, Jaejoong looked down and played with his spoon. “I can’t marry you.” Danmi stared at him; suddenly the Bibimbap became tasteless now. “This arrangement, it’s too sudden. Even if it’s just an act I don’t think I could pretend for the rest of my life.” Lying for a moment is easy but living a lie isn’t.

“But earlier, we played good right? We became a really a good couple everybody was envious about. Couldn’t you just do like what you did?” She looked at him in the eyes as if pleading. She knows what she’s asking is too much, but she can’t help but hope a little. “Jaejoong we could be friends. It’s not going to be that hard.”

Jaejoong couldn’t answer he doesn’t know what to say. His mind was really clouded right now. “I think I should go now. It’s getting late.” He announced as he stood up and grabbed his coat that was hanging on the chair beside him.

She couldn’t do anything but let the question hang and let him be on his way. They both didn’t say anything as Danmi showed him to the door. He slipped in his shoes on and bid her good night. He was on his way to his car when her shout made him look back but before he could comprehend what she meant the door was already shut closed.

“I GOT AN A+!”


Jun_KOI_Mi : thank you, I hope I could make her mantain her cool and not be the submissive heroine.

pandagirl753 : i'm happy this fanfic could make you laugh. I hope I could show more of jealous Jaejoong. =)

el_lirio85 : He's a bit jealous, he just doesn't want to admit it.. =)