Chapter 14: Insignificant

Loving You Is Not An Easy Thing To Do

 

Today's my birthday so I decided to update.. Here it goes. Comments everyone.. =)

 


 

Everyone’s eyes were glued to the table of who they call ‘the beautiful people’s table’. After what happened Danmi and L always eat with the five of them. They’ve been very protective of her to the point no one talks to her anymore. She’s not complaining though, she doesn’t consider other people in that school as friends after all, except L of course. They haven’t seen Jessica and her troupe ever since. No one talked about her, not even the incident. That’s how their world works; if the people involve are wealthier than you, you don’t talk about it.

“So how’s living together?” Junsu asked.

Danmi chewed and swallowed before answering “I’m trying my best to survive.”

Everyone laughed making Jaejoong red in the face. “Yah! Don’t make me look bad in front of my friends.”

“He’s like a snake. He’ll just leave his clothes where he changed. His clothes are all over the place! Cleaning is endless!”

“Why don’t you get a helper?” L asked.

“No, they’ll surely report everything we’ll do. And I don’t want a stranger in my home.”

“What do you guys do?” Yoochun’s eye brows rise and fall smiling mischievously. “Hyung!” he shouted when Jaejoong hit him in the arm.

Ignoring his comment like she heard nothing “There’s only two of us and besides the clothing issue everything’s fine.  He’s not that bad.”

“You too, aside from the constant nagging she’s not really that bad to live with.”

“Aww, you two are like a married couple” Junsu cooed.

“Su, they are a married couple” Yunho informed.

“Shut up hyung.”

“Danmi” a voice called out and they saw Danmi stiffened. They all turned their head finding where the voice was from. In front of their eyes is a girl overflowing with charisma and appeal. She was wearing a fitted dress showing her perfect curves and four inch heels accentuating her long creamy legs. The way she’s standing right there is just breath taking. She’s definitely a head turner, a face you’ll never forget even if you only saw a glance.

“Unni” Danmi whispered and they could feel a strange turn on her voice.

“Danmi” the beautiful girl smiled. “It’s been so long. I missed you.” Danmi stood up and the two shared a hug.

“What are you doing here?”

“My sister just got married and about to graduate soon. What kind of sister would I be if I don’t even visit you? Aren’t you going to introduce me to your friends?”

“Guys this is my older sister Seo In Young” In young bowed slightly.

“Park Yoochun. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Like what he always does whenever there’s a beautiful girl around he kissed her hand to which In Young chuckled.

“Kim Junsu”

“L, one letter. Nice to meet you.”

“Shim Changmin”

“Jung Yunho”

“Kim Jaejoong”

“So you’re brother-in-law. It’s nice to finally meet you.” her smile could make any guy weak in the knees.

“Yeah same here. I didn’t know Danmi has a lovely older sister”

Danmi stood up giving her chair “Unni please have a seat.”

In Young smiled and took the seat. “She’s not much of a talker. I study abroad so I wasn’t around” She explained. “After I heard that she got married I wanted to come home but studies got in the way so I was only able to come now and stay for a few days.”

“You’re in college?” Did I mention Yoochun has a for older women? Not only is Yoochun a Casanova, he’s also a noona killer.

“A 3rd year in University of New Jersey.”

“What course are you taking?” Changmin curiously asked.

“Liberal arts and Commerce”

“Isn’t that a double major?” when it comes to academics Shim Changmin is all ears. His father owns hundreds of schools all over the world, including the one they’re studying in.

“Yes, it is. My course has a wide range of scope” she talked with confidence and elegance that would put any other girl to shame.

“Do they offer business course over there?”

“Of course. The business program over there is one of the best in the country.”

All of their attention was pointed towards her. They asked her questions and laughed like old friends. Everybody was having a great time but only Yunho noticed Danmi’s sudden quietness. Her smile doesn’t reach her eyes anymore. Her hands kept fidgeting and the straw she’s drinking from made it seems like she’s teething.

Their talk went on until the lunch break was almost over “Unni, may I ask, how long are you staying?”

“Just for a few days like I said before, didn’t you hear?” In Young said sarcastically.

“Cheseongamida” Danmi bowed. The others raised their brows on how Danmi acted. They know she’s polite but right now is just plain weird.

“Jaejoong I apologize for my sister’s many short comings. She’s usually this slow. I hope you learn to tolerate it just like I did, well like me and my parents did.”

“Uhmm, it’s not that uhhm sure.” Jaejoong didn’t know what to say. She’s her sister and she talks like Danmi is a pet that’s been bothering them for years. The other five grimaced clearly not impressed by her choice of words specially Yunho.

The bell rang signalling them lunch time is over. “Danmi I only took a taxi from the airport. Can you send me home?” In Young stood up and grabbed her bags. “I came here as soon as I arrived because I wanted to see brother-in-law.”

“Unni I have classes” she reasoned but one look from In Young and she lost all her resolve. “But sure I’ll send you home. This way unni.” Danmi said as she raised her hands like a stewardess showing direction

“Guys I have to go first. It was nice meeting you guys. Let’s go Danmi” She bid farewell before leaving with Danmi right behind her.

“Deh unni.”

 “I don’t like her” L stated.

 

“You’ve gotten lucky. It’s a good thing he puts up with you.” Danmi gripped the steering wheel tighter. In Young looked at herself in the mirror. “He’s just like I expected, if not even better.” She looked at Danmi with glaring eyes. “You better not mess up.”

“Deh unni.”she answered not even taking her eyes off the road.

 

Taking her books in her locker Danmi sighed heavily. “Is everything all right?”

She looked at Yunho and slowly forced a smile “Of course, why did you ask?”

“Because it’s obvious that it’s not” he replied taking the books and carrying it for her.

They walked together the hallway. “I’m fine Yunho. See I’m even smiling” she showed her beaming smile that would put the sun to shame.

“Stop, you’re scaring me.” Her smile faded. “Nobody’s buying your fake smile.”

“Fake smile?”

He draped his arm around her. “You can’t fool me.”

She sighed for the nth time. “Everybody falls for it.” Even Jaejoong. “Nobody noticed” not even Jaejoong. “What is wrong with you?”

Yunho chuckled. “I’m U-know Yun--”

“Araso araso, U-know Yunho.” She raised her hands in defeat.

“Is it about your sister?” Danmi stopped on her motion and her smile faded answering his questions. “You two don’t seem that close.”

Her tone lower “she grew up in the states.”

“Aren’t you happy she’s here?” Yunho leaned on the door frame of Danmi’s classroom.

“She’s my sister. I should be happy that she’s here for me.” She took her books from him. “I’m fine Yunho stop over thinking things. It’s not good for your brain.” She chuckled.

“Araso,” he pats her on the head. “But I’ll be watching. You know I’m here for you right?”

“Of course.” She smiled sincerely thankful that Yunho’s around.

 

 

Danmi balled her hands in a fist as she watches the three enjoy them on the dance floor. In Young dance seductively between Yoochun and Jaejoong who are equally having a good time. “What does Jaejoong hyung think he’s doing?” Changmin said in disbelief.

“He’s being Seoul’s biggest jerk right now.” Yunho answered for the makhnae.

“Danmi aren’t you going to do something?” Junsu asked as he looked at Danmi for a second then looked back again at the three.

“What do you want me to do?” Danmi took a gulp of her beer.

Suddenly Onew came “Noona is that your sister?” Danmi nodded. “noona gwenchana?” he asked as he put an arm over her shoulders. Danmi’s office became their hangout place. Ever since the two got married they would hang out on her office instead of getting a private room. Her office is cooler they reasoned.

“Maybe you should go home for tonight? I can take handle things from here.” Danmi shook her head and leaned on Onew’s shoulders. She’s feeling not fine at all. Her body is just tired and she can’t wait for the night to end. The scenery she’s looking at doesn’t help either. Men are men she knows that. It’s natural for men to flirt with girls. Yoochun is single so its explanatory why he’s all over his sister but Jaejoong, she could only sigh.

“No, unni might look for me. She’ll get mad if she doesn’t find me.”

“What’s she doing here by the way?”

“She said she’s visiting me.” Danmi sighed letting out her frustration in Onew’s embrace. She needs some sort of comfort now. Her husband doesn’t seem to mind that she’s hugging another guy. He’s too busy having fun to even spare her a glance or he just doesn’t care, she doesn’t know which she would prefer.

“Visiting you?”

“That’s what she said, don’t ask.” She rolled her eyes. Her mind too tired to think. Is he acting like this on purpose?  Doesn’t he know that – oh yeah he doesn’t, nobody does. But Yunho noticed, other people noticed, he didn’t. How come other people paid attention to her but he doesn’t? What kind of married life is this? Is she really that insignificant to him? She sighed again. He’s important to her, he’s her other half, but how come he’s making her feel she’s nothing to him?

The two straightened up when the three entered the office. Jaejoong raised an eye brow seeing the scene but dismissed his thoughts as quickly. “Noona, I should go. There are things that I have to take care of.” Onew said before In Young even got to see him.

“That was fun. You guys should have come with us.” Yoochun smiled widely still high from his dancing.

They took their seats with In Young seating so close to Jaejoong.  “I almost forgot the night life here in Seoul. I can truly say that there’s no place like home.” she said crossing her legs. “Danmi, could you get me some more ice and we’re running out of chips too.”

Danmi immediately stood up and without a word left to get what was asked. Now everybody noticed it even the stupid husband. Ever since her sister came Danmi’s words could be counted. She’s been quiet these past few days.

When Danmi came over, Junsu got up and helped her. “So Jaejoong, how’s married life with Danmi?”

Jaejoong saw that one coming. “Everything’s going well. We had our rough times but there’s nothing we can’t fix. Right jagiya?” Jaejoong smiled pulling Danmi by the end to sit beside him.

With her head low she murmured and nodded, puzzling Jaejoong more. She knows his words are sugar coated. He’s not exactly lying but he’s not telling the truth either. They’ve talked about this before. They don’t have to pretend that they’re a happily married couple but the least they could do is show other people that their marriage is not screwed.

“That’s good to hear because honestly I’m a bit worried. Danmi is a bit immature and careless. She’s still young and irresponsible. I’m afraid she would make a bad decision and ruin things between our families.

This girl really gets on Yunho’s nerves. “She’s not like that.  A bit childish at times but she’s cool.”

“She’s a great cook too” Changmin added. Like the elder, he also doesn’t like how this girls tongue was cut.

“She’s smart and fun to be with” Yoochun stated.

All the guys were throwing praises at her and she can’t help but blush hearing complements coming from them. Seo In Young doesn’t like what she’s hearing though. Suddenly somebody caught her eyes, Danmi saw where she was looking and immediately froze.

“What’s he doing here?”

“Unni, don’t get mad.” Danmi pleaded. Everyone could see that she was fidgeting.

“Can you guys leave us along for a moment?” they didn’t know what’s happening but left the room as they we’re asked. It was a talk between sisters and they know that they should stay out of it. They watched the two through the glass wall of Danmi’s office. In Young was shouting or saying something they couldn’t hear because the office was sound proof. Danmi on the other hand just stood there and listen, opening a few times only to close them again.

“What do you think they’re talking about?” asked Changmin standing just outside the office.

“Does it have something to do with Onew? In young’s eyes were in slits when she saw him. She’s y but scary as hell” Yoochun concluded.

“Yeah I thought I was the only one who saw that” Yunho added.

Their conversation halted when they saw In young raised her hand and slapped Danmi on the face hard. The five guys immediately came inside with Jaejoong shouting “what the hell!??!!”

They’re all surprised at such turn of events. Danmi’s head was turned to the side as her hand was over her cheeks. When she removed her hand everyone could see that the slap wasn’t a light one as finger marks appear on her skin. “cheseonghamida, I wasn’t thinking clearly. Please forgive me unni.” Danmi bowed respectfully her tone of voice void of any emotion.

The guys’ mouths hanged open. In Young just slapped her and she’s saying sorry? Where did the strong Danmi they knew have gone off to? “You are always like this. You bring shame to our family.” In Young panted from anger. “You don’t listen, do you.”

“I deeply apologize unni.” She kept her head low.

“Leave I don’t want to see your face right now.”

“Deh” she bowed again before leaving. The guys stood there dumbfounded, not believing what’s happening and unable to move because of the tension. Suddenly Jaejoong yanked In Young by the hand and whispered venom in her ear.

“Look I don’t know what’s happening but if you dare lay a finger on my wife again I swear I don’t know what I’ll do to you.” Jaejoong pushed her before leaving following after Danmi. She stumble almost losing balance and if it weren’t for Changmin who was standing beside her she would have been on the ground already.

 Jaejoong didn’t get to catch up with her. When he got out of the club she was already getting inside her car. He shouted for her but he didn’t turn and ignored him but Jaejoong just settled that she didn’t hear.