Broken Wings : 040

Broken Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

6 months later.

 

 

Chorong stood up with the smiles covered her face. She smiled brightly while her palms started to form sweats. Her holds on the flower bouquet become slippery.

 

“Now I pronounced you, Husband and Wife.” The priest announced followed with the claps and cheering behind.

 

She grinned as relieve finally came after his anxious feelings. The music started to plays as if it’s her cue. She turned her body and walked down the altar with the wedding march accompanied her light steps. She’s happy, very happy to be exact.

 

“Congratulations!!!” People started to shout once she finally out from the church. She grinned once again and turned her body to face the crowds behind her. The warmth feeling inside her heart made her comfortable as she saw the happy couple smiling and grinning, glowing with happiness.

 

She gripped her flower bouquet with and crumpled enveloped between.

 

Her best friend, Jung Eunji finally got married with their college friends, Lee Howon.

 

“She’s very happy…”

 

She turned her body to hear a familiar voice coming from her back. She smiled to see him finally showed up after missing the whole wedding procession held.

 

“Yes she is…” She smiled and turned her head back toward the couple, “She’s indeed very happy.”

 

“I don’t know if I should happy or not…” He muttered.

 

She grinned and nudged his arms, “Hey, you still have me, Sunggyu-ya….”

 

He smirked and turned his head toward her, “In the ends it’s only the two of us…?” Silent passed between them before he decided to talk again, “How are you…?”

 

“Never been this happy…” Chorong muttered, “I’m happy…”

 

“What were you doing at the hill back then before the wedding?”

 

“You know that I came to the hill everyday…” She smiled, “If it’s not because of you, I might already burst in tears by now.”

 

“Hey, don’t be like that… It’s Eunji’s happy day…”

 

“I know…”

 

Then silence enveloped the two of them as they stared at the couples who happily ride their wedding car. The guests started to go one by one, leaving the two of them that engulfed with the solitude.

 

“Come on, I’ll drive you back…” Sunggyu turned his body but she was fast enough to grabbed his wrist that made him stops, “What…?”

 

“I’ll come home on my own.” She talked.

 

He stares at her for a while then sighed. He took his hands off her as if he understands and nods his head before leaving her alone. “I’ll see you later at night then. Don’t forget to fetch a cab on your way back.”

 

She nodded and hugged him tightly before him leaving her alone. Watching his back slowly faded, she sighed and turned her body back, facing the church and entered it. She saw the wedding’s decoration’s still on its place as she walked toward the altar and stops right there.

 

She put her flower bouquet aside as she opened the crumpled enveloped with ‘Forever and Always’ words written outside. She heaved a deep sigh before she reads out the letters.

 

 

 

My love, Chorong…

If you read this letter that means 6 months has passed. Sunggyu is kind enough to help me keep this letter the whole time ever since I seek his help right before I asked you back then in front of your classmates. He was mad at first, thinking that I was out of my mind when in the end, he’s the wrong one. This is my first and last time writing a letter for you.

Firstly, I really am sorry for whatever happened between us. I’m sorry that I became this selfish and wanting you for myself. I’m sorry that I have to drag you with this madness that I caused. I’m sorry that you have to suffer and endure the pains that I caused. Mianhae….

Second, I really am sorry that I can’t fulfill our dreams and promises. I don’t know if we’re already married or not but I’m planning to propose you right away if you ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter