Broken Wings : 024

Broken Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Though I didn't know where on the earth you're right now, come home soon, Bro. You're leaving big mess here.” His eyes widened to hear a familiar voice leaving him voicemail. He missed his best buddy so much.

 

Big mess.

 

Woohyun shrug his shoulder as he tossed his body over the bed. He panting and turned his body aside, not comfortable with his position. His mind screaming loud inside, tugging him to wakes up. He needs to come back home soon after what he did one year ago.

 

He is leaving a huge mess on his own, too bad; he didn't even know what mess coming after him.

 

A knocked coming from the door with his mother walks inside, hands equipped with food tray. A bright smile plastered on her beautiful face despite some wrinkles covered her face.

 

“Good morning, sunshine! Time for breakfast.”

 

Woohyun sighed and get up from his position, placing pillow on the edge of his bed and leaned on it.

 

His mother coming after him and gave him a light peck on his cheek, “What's with the frown, honey?”

 

He shook his head lightly though the fact he's pouting right now.

 

“Nothing.” He curved a smile and piercing his eyes on the foods, “Looks yummy.”

 

“Of course. The best one, as always.”

 

He sighed and grabbed the spoon right away; he feeds himself with the foods and chews it slowly as he’s not really having the appetite.

 

His mom would kill him for skipping breakfast; she wouldn't hear any excuse he said regarding skipping meals for day.

 

“You look not good, dear.” She looked at how her sons eating, “What's wrong? Don't you like it here? You're choosing your own room.”

 

He shook his head once again.

 

True he likes here, he even got a chance to choose his own room. The bigger one, modern one even high-tech one compared his old room in Korea. But something inside him is missing. He's starting to miss Korea between his busy life in here.

 

“Just.... Missing the old life....” He shrugged his shoulder as he places the spoon over the tray. He raised his head and stares through his mother’s eye, “Mom, don't you miss our old life in Korea? I'm getting tired living here.”

 

His mom remained silent. She knows that someday her son would ask her something like he just said. She exhaled deeply and places her hand on his sons. She crushes it lightly.

 

“I am.....” She replied him, “But what can I do? Our life is much better in here, especially yours. You know that I loved you the most right? I don't have anyone besides you.”

 

“B-but, Iㅡ”

 

“No, dear.” She cuts him, “When there's a time for us to coming home, then we will. But right now, I can't help it, we're not coming home until I can make sure everything's alright. I'm not going to throw you a risk for coming back home without everything's settled.”

 

Woohyun listened to her carefully. He wanted to follow her rules, he didn't want to break her heart, but he can't help it either. Something inside him is burning him slowly, somehow it’s calling him for a help.

 

The more he holding back, the more it’s suffocating and hurting him.

 

He needs a break.

 

He has to come home.

 

“Mom, I want to come back to Korea.” He looks through her eyes, though it is hard for him, but he knows, it's his only chance.

 

“No, Woohyun, no!!!!” She jumped off from his bed, releasing her holds on him, “You're not going, dear. I'm not letting you. You can't do this to your mom!!”

 

“You can't do this to me either, Mom!” He is getting frustrated, “I have my own life and I deserve to choose what's good for me. I'm dying in here, Mom. I need a break; I have to come back to Korea before everything's too late.”

 

“No.” She crossed her arms in front of her chest, trying her best for not burst into tears, “You can't do this to your mom.”

 

Woohyun scratches his back, get up and running after his mom, “Mom, I promise you, I'm gonna be okay. I will be okay.”

 

“Woohyun~ah, don't do this to me, please.....” She is sobbing from her tears, “You're the only one I've got.....”

 

He rolled his eyes and gasped, “Mom, listen to me!!!” Woohyun yelled, “No matter how far we travels around, how hard you tried to hide me, you know exactly that weㅡIㅡcan't hides as it comes after me eventually. I'm tired, Mom. I'm sick of it.”

 

His mother keeps silent, avoiding his flaming stares.

 

“I will be okay, trust me.” He said, “Time will tells, Mom. I'm not going to hide anymore.”

 

His mother sighed in defeat. He is true; he's just being selfish and insecure, afraid that something might happen to him. But then, it comes back again, time will tells.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter