Broken Wings : 032

Broken Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 Woohyun’s POV

 

“Heart failure…?”

 

Mr. Park, the doctor who treated me when I passed out due to over exhausted, nodded his head as I looked through his eyes. My eyes blinked and I turned my head to see my mother who sat silently next to me.

 

“Mom, what’s heart failure…?” I asked once again as the two adults around me didn’t even bother to explains me the things they called heart failure.

 

I shook my mother’s hand but she remained silent as I know she tried to hold on breath, she was looked tired and hopeless. My brows knitted together, I was felt sorry to see my mother looked that devastated but yet, I didn’t know what’s wrong with her. She just remained silent and sometimes squeezed my hand real hard.

 

Doctor Park heaved a sigh and swing his chair around as he grabbed a brown envelop and passed it to my mother,  “Starting from now on, you should take really care of him, I can’t make sure if he would survive or not, but I suggest you to let the kid have a proper treatment here… I’ll schedule the surgery for him first and we’ll look if he can struggle with the medical device’s implant to help his heart pump enough blood…”

 

Mother nodded her head and gets the brown envelope from him. She sighed as she tried for not crumple it’s envelop she gripped; even she struggled to exiting the doctor’s room. I was remained silent seeing my mother acted unusual and strange. I was about to chase her but I retreat back as I feel that the doctor may be have a better explanations from what happened right now.

 

“Doctor…” I called for him.

 

He was surprised to see me as he was about to enter his personal room, he turned his body back and kneeled down, lowering his body, adjusting mine.

 

“Hello…” He said, “What can I help you…?”

 

I bit my lips, “Do you know me…?”

 

The doctor chuckled softly and nodded his head, “Of course I know you, kid. You’re Nam Woohyun, one of my patients here…”

 

I nodded my head as I felt satisfied with his answers.

 

“Do you know why is my mommy acted that way…? It was really strange, Doc. And if you have a time, would you explain me the thing you called heart failure…? Did I suffer some illness or something bad…?”

 

Doctor Park sighed in defeat, “You’re little creature, how could you this clever in your age…? My daughter’s age as same as you but she didn’t even that clever as you… she liked to cry but you liked to ask things…”

 

I blinked my eyes as I heard him.

 

“It’s really unfortunate for your mother… You’re incredibly intelligent….” He continued, “Well, the thing you asked me before…. Your mother’s strangeness, I can’t define it but maybe you can ask her later on… I have no rights to tell you about it… But I can help you to understand what heart failure…is…”

 

“Woohyun~ah… You’re a healthy kid with positive mind and clever….. But, something unusual happened to you, to your body to be exact… You’re different from the other child, because you suffered a heart failure…” Doctor Park explained, “The thing… Heart failure is…. a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs… Your heart is weak, and the weakened heart can’t supply the cell enough with blood to deliver oxygen and nutrient-rich blood for your body…. That’s explained why you always passed out whenever you over-working your body and lately, you suffered from shortness of breath, didn’t you…?”

 

I nodded my head as I still can’t decipher what the meaning of heart failure is…..

 

“That’s why you needed a treatment… Special treatment….”

 

“So…” I finally decided to let out sounds, “That’s mean…. I’m sick…?”

 

Doctor Park sighed and nodded his head, “Yes, kid. You’re sick…”

 

“Like my daddy…?” My eyes widened, “My mother said that my daddy’s die because of incurable illness….”

 

Doctor Park remained silent; he looked through my eyes with his unreadable expressions that making me even more confused. The latter just heaved a sigh and nodded his head.

 

 

That’s the day when I learned I was suffering from an incurable heart failure. They always said that I can suffer from the illness but as I grow up, I know that it has no cure. My illness was beyond very serious that makes my mother crying like every day after we learned I suffered the heart failure. Three days after the explanations, I went into surgery for my heart. They implanted the medical devices to help my heart pumped the blood without feeling sick or bad symptoms.

 

I tried to be strong as my mother always told me to. I wasn’t scare of death, even I’m waiting for the day death come to me. I willingly got my body treated even though it’s hurting me like hell, I don’t care. I just want to make my mother happy for the remains days I lived with her.

 

But, there’s a day when I finally felt scare of death, that’s the time when I met Chorong, Doctor Park’s daughter. Doctor Park never lied, he told me about how cry baby his daughter was and it’s indeed real. She’s s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter