Broken Wings : 036

Broken Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chorong drank her milk while her eyes never let Woohyun who had been unconscious for about three days. She placed her milk back over the table next to Woohyun and sighed desperately. She’s no longer crying because her tears seemed already dried, but she just can’t help to keep sinking into the deepest hole. She just couldn't bear to see him helpless any longer.

 

She used so many ways to get Woohyun wake up; like talk to him every time, play his favorite songs even she bring his favorite flower every day, but in the end it was all useless. Woohyun remained unconscious and kept sleeping like a baby. His mother and Sunggyu always be there, accompanied her and Woohyun together.

 

Chorong stared at him for a couple times already and sighed before she tied her hair lousily to washing Woohyun's body. It's became her daily routine to wash him carefully and firmly.

 

“Your skins are dry, Woohyun-ah...” Chorong tried to chuckle while focus cleansing his body with a wet cloth, “Next time when you're awake let's hit the spa... You must be very tired to lay unconscious like this…”

 

She shifted her gaze toward unconscious Woohyun. His eyes were close while he kept breathing with the help of oxygen mask that covering his nose and mouth. Chorong sighed and caressed his forehead firmly while kept her eyes staring at him intently.

 

“Even if you’re tired, please try to wake up… For me… For your mother… And also for Sunggyu…” Chorong talked while suppressing her tears, she sighed at the same time Woohyun mother came inside the room with Sunggyu who carrying a box of meal for her.

 

His mother looked as tired as Chorong but she was tougher than she ever imagine, “Chorong-ah, let me wait for Woohyun. Go eat with Sunggyu.”

 

Chorong bit her lips and nodded her head, even though she doesn’t feel to eat; she turned her head back toward Woohyun and squeezed his hand firmly before she finally stood up from her seat. She walked toward Sunggyu and they went outside the room for eating a meal that Woohyun’s mother brought her.

 

“I bring your favorite foods…” Sunggyu opened his mouth on their way to the nearest chair. Once they arrived on the nearest chair, Chorong took a seat on the fluffy couch followed by Sunggyu who helped her opened the foods for her.

 

Chorong forced smiles and nodded her head after Sunggyu passed her meals, “Thank you.”

 

Sunggyu pursed his smiles to see Chorong finally feeds herself with the foods he just bought. At least Chorong want to feed herself back after what happened with everything these days. Chorong needs a support that could make her feel at ease even for a bit. Sunggyu knows that he’s capable of that, but he’s not too sure if his presence could lift her heavy emotions even for a little.

 

“I heard Doctor Park trying to search for a donor…” Sunggyu talked again.

 

Chorong raised her head and stares at Sunggyu, “A donor?”

 

Sunggyu nodded his head, “Yeah, a donor for Woohyun.”

 

“Do you mean for his heart? Replacing his heart?”

 

“If that’s possible… Doctor Park had been contacting Woohyun’s mom constantly about the possibilities having a heart donor for his heart…” Sunggyu sighed and caressed Chorong’s head softly and slowly, afraid if he put another pressure it might break her, “You have to be strong, your dad’s trying his best to give you your happiness…”

 

For a second, it was very hard for her to breath. It was like a mixed feeling crashing each another inside her heart. She didn’t know whether she should happy or sad about the news Sunggyu told her earlier. Everything’s possible and she didn’t want to risk Woohyun’s life into something too risky like what her father’s trying.

 

“I don’t know…” She replied while chews her foods forcefully; “What if there’s no suitable donor for him? I don’t want to put my hopes too high…”

 

“It’s not put your hopes too high, Chorong-ah… We’re trying; we’re all trying our best to make him awake…” Sunggyu tried to explains everything to her, “I know you’re afraid, but we can’t just stay still and waiting for him to wake up… We have to make him awake from his sleep…”

 

Chorong sighed and put aside her foods, all of sudden she lost her appetite and she immediately stood up that successfully startled Sunggyu, before leaving him alone with her mixed feelings. She shed her tears while kept her feet dragged her whenever it wants. She didn’t want to think anything yet while Woohyun’s life is on the line.

 

“Chorong-ah, Park Chorong!” She heard him called for her yet she didn’t want to hear anything. She let herself run toward nowhere because she just can’t face what’s going to happen ahead. Seeing him helpless and lay unconscious like that already searing he heart into pieces and now they asked her to face another heavy obstacle for her already shattered life?

 

Everything’s possible, nothing impossible. She kept chanting those words inside her head until she didn’t realize that she bumped into somebody that made her fell flat on the ground.

 

“Ouch…” She whimpered while trying to stand up from the ground.

 

“Tsk. You’re never change, Park Chorong…”

 

Chorong immediately looked up after hearing a very familiar voice and to see who the one she’s crash into. She almost didn’t believe in what she saw right now, it was likely dreaming because she didn’t know that something like this possible. Her eyes started to feel hot and moist, her heart started to race unsteady and her emotion kept playing on her.

 

Is this a dream…? Chorong blinked her eyes once again to get a better view, she almost gasped to realize that she wasn’t even dreaming.

 

“W-Woohyun….” She mumbled under her breath that didn’t even miss the person she crashed into.

 

“It’s Lee Minhyuk…” Minhyuk tried to smile while helping Chorong to stand up on her feet.

 

Chorong still staring at him likely she saw a ghost, it was surreal yet it’s real, they’re totally alike it was as if she’s facing Woohyun right now, “M-Minhyukkie?”

 

He nodded his head again and still smiling, “Minhyukkie…”

 

“Minhyukkie…?” Chorong started to crying and jumped to hug him tightly, “Minhyukkie….”

 

Minhyuk heaved a sigh; even their separations had been passed for three months, his feelings toward her is still the same. Nothing had changed at all. Chorong’s still the woman he’s cared the most.

 

“Ssssh, C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter