Broken Wings : 039

Broken Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. –Lao Tzu

 

It was a very fun day for Woohyun and Chorong, they’re enjoying the amusement park’s rides together with Sunggyu and Eunji. They’re laughs, sharing happy memories and reminiscing their good days when they were in high school. They’re having fun as if tomorrow is their last day.

 

“Do you remember how Chorong’s face turned sour whenever teacher scolds her for always sleeping during the class? It was totally unforgettable.” Sunggyu laughing as they enjoying their dinner after the whole days they tiring themselves with the rides, “I even collected your photos just because I had a crush on you.”

 

“Oooow, so you admit it that you had a crush on Chorong, right?” Eunji spats back while the other eyes focused on Sunggyu.

 

“It was long before, Eunji-yaaa…” He snickered back, “I have no longer had any feelings for her, huh!”

 

“Alright, what if Woohyun never admits that he’s in love with Chorong, do you think you had a chance with her?” Eunji’s questions successfully lit the moods around them, now Woohyun and Chorong’s eyes showing their interest with their conversations, waiting for Sunggyu’s answer.

 

Sunggyu bit his lips while interchanging looks between Eunji, Chorong and Woohyun. They’re made an ally together and cornered him. He scoffed and shook his head, “I’m not going to answer that.”

 

“Why?” Chorong’s voice perked up, “Are you afraid of Woohyun? It’s okay, he’s not that harmful, and I’ll protect you so please answer the question. I want to know it!”

 

“Jeez, seriously Chorong-ah...? Woohyun is going to skin me alive after this…”

 

“Do you think I’m capable skinning you alive, huh?” Woohyun finally opened his mouth, “Just answer it fast, I’m tired.”

 

Chorong eyes widened and turned her head toward him who sitting quietly next to her, “You’re tired…?”

 

He immediately shook his head knowing that all eyes now on him, “Nope, I was tired with his excuse… That’s all…”

 

“Alright…” Chorong smiled, “If you ever feeling anything, just please inform me, okay?”

 

Woohyun nodded his head obediently then averted his gaze on Sunggyu, “Ya, Kim Sunggyu answer the questions!”

 

Sunggyu closed his eyes totally annoyed then sighed desperately as he have no other way than answer Eunji’s deathly question, “If Woohyun never admit that he’s in love with Chorong, probably I’m still chasing after her, maybe? I’m a man with my words, I won’t two timing my girlfriends and if I had a crush with someone, I’ll stick into I got her…”

 

“D’aww, Sunggyu-yaaa, you’re so sweet…” Chorong smiled warmly to hear his answer. Being his best friend these past years, she knows exactly that Sunggyu’s telling everyone the truth. Sunggyu is a man with his words; he even took care of herself when Woohyun’s away. “If I had the same feelings with you back then, probably we’re living as happy couple now. But, my hearts, no one can even take it away from Woohyun.”

 

She giggled crisply which the others followed behind. She sighed in contentment to see how bright and cheerful Woohyun’s right now. His face lighting up brightly as he never shuts his mouth, engrossed with the conversation with Sunggyu. They’re chatting and laughing freely likely there are no burdens over their shoulder. Chorong could only smile in contentment; at least Woohyun’s very happy right now, he’s glowing with the happiness and cheerfulness. She thanked herself for able to suppressed her own feeling as they’re not even arguing after what happened this morning even though she’s panic, afraid and anxious if something happened with him all of sudden.

 

She might get the panic attack instead.

 

She remained silent as she never left her eyes on him; he remembers how he always told her that ‘Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone.’ She doesn’t know the meaning behind his words up until now then she realize. He was just trying his best to make her believe even when he’s away from her; he’ll always be there, on her sides.

 

Remember those words made her heart waver again, it started tugged painfully like how when she saw his breakdown. She shook her head, tried to divert her thoughts away from everything related to something she doesn’t even want to happen. She doesn’t even want to think for a second what her life going to be when he’s not around.

 

“Chorong-ah…” Eunji nudged her hands that made her startled.

 

“Y-yes..?”

 

Eunji sighed and took her hands with her, “Let’s go somewhere…”

 

She cocked her brows then nodded her head obediently as they excused themselves from the boys who just nodded their head. Eunji dragged her toward the nearest bench with much more silent atmosphere that the one near the food courts. They seated next to each other as Eunji shifted her body and facing her which clearly shows curiosity and full of questions.

 

“How’s your feeling today?” Eunji asked out of the blue that startled her. She was surprised to hear her question that she never expected before.

 

She sighed desperately, “Is it shown that much?”

 

“Yeah, totally, “ Eunji nodded her head, “If you think you can hide it from me then you’re wrong. I know you very well, Chorong-ah. You’re my best friend, so stops pretending.”

 

 “I don’t know…” Chorong muttered in her reply, “This is just too sudden as if someone fast-forwarding my life into its end. I don’t want to think anything bad but I just can’t help it. In the end I’m just human who tried her best avoiding the situation that might hurt me. But with me avoiding the whole situation, it only causes a tidal wave of guilt and…. Hurt.”

 

“Everything’s going to be alright, Chorong-ah…” Eunji comforted her who seems likely going to break down in any minute, “Don’t you trust him?”

 

“I have to trust him. He needs me to trust him.”

 

Chorong sighed as she bit her lips, trying her best for not crying in front of Eunji. Not because she’s ashamed of Eunji but because she didn’t want her to feel burdened by her weak self. It’s enough for Woohyun to see her weak sides; she doesn’t want to burden her best friend like how she burdens Woohyun. She titled her head, facing Eunji and pursed a smile.

 

“Thank you so much, Eunji-yaaa…” She smiled.

 

Eunji nodded her head while smiling brightly, “You can count on me, Chorong-ah. I might be your only best friend but sure, whenever you need someone to talk to, you can always run to me whatever happened.”

 

Chorong nodded her head as they giggled in unison.

 

“Now, smile, do not let the groom frowned awkwardly to see such a pity face like that.” Eunji grinned, “Remember, the bride’s has to be glowing so, smile!”

 

With her remarks, Chorong can’t help but laughing. They stood up and comeback toward the food courts with smiles on their faces.

 

She needs to trust him no matter what because this is all she can do for him.

 

With the time pointed 10 o’clock in the night, the four of them decided to separate on their own way. Sunggyu will take Eunji home since they needs to drops the things inside Sunggyu’s car for the wedding needs while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter