Broken Wings : 030

Broken Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Good morning, sunshine... Have you awake already?”

 

Minhyuk pressed his phone closer to his ear while fasten his belt around his waist, not forget he placed a dry towel over his wet hair to dry it while he getting ready for campus. It was his morning routine to have a phone call with Chorong before he comes to pick her up and carpooling together to campus, a morning call with her always successfully brighten his day, no matter what, so he used to do the kind of routine every morning with her and she doesn’t seems to mind at all.

 

“Already...” Chorong's replied him and he curved a smile hearing her sweet voice, “I'm about to ready and going to have breakfast with dad first. He just got back from Japan this morning....”

 

“Hmm... Arrasso, I'll be there around 30 minutes, I guess?” He shifted his eyes to his clock over his drawer, “I'll hang up, oh? And eat well, baby...”

 

“Okay... Be careful on your way....” She replied and ended their phone call.

 

Minhyuk smiled sheepishly and pulled one of his t-shirt and wore it in a swift. He dried his hair once again and rakes it with his hands before exiting his room to grab some breakfast that his mother served. His mood was quite decent and he felt fulfilled, he excitedly jumping around while walking down the stairs due to his excitement to see his girlfriend, he didn’t know why but he really wants to see his girlfriend.

 

“Good morning, Mom....”

 

He kissed his mom's cheek as he arrived at the dining room where his mom preparing a breakfast.

 

“Good morning, Son. Go take a seat and eat before you leave...”

 

Minhyuk shook his head and grab bread instead taking a seat, “No, I think bread would do, I'm going too late if I had a full breakfast and I have to pick Chorong first...”

 

“Son, you know it is bad to always skip your breakfast...”

 

“More than understand, Mom, but I'm in hurry...!” Minhyuk giggled while chewed his bread. He gulped it down and sips fresh milk afterward before he headed out home.

 

“I'm going, Mom. See you later...” He kissed his Mother once again and run toward the front door.

 

“Minhyuk~ah...” His Mom called, “I guess there's a friend of yours waiting outside...”

 

He stopped his pace and turned back to face his mother while furrowing his brows. Actually, he didn't expect any guest in such early morning, “Who?”

 

Mom shrugged her shoulder, “I don't know, I never seen him before... But he’s around your age so I guess he’s your friend…”

 

He twitched his lips and nodded, “I'll go look for it, thank you, Mom!”

 

He turned back and marched toward the front door with his backpack cling over his shoulder, while he exiting his house, there's a man already waiting for him outside, and he can assure that he never met him in person either. Much surprised to him, once he comes closer to him, he could see clearly the serious yet tired expressions of him. Somehow his face kind of remind him of him.

 

He blinked his eyes to make sure if he dreaming or not yet it was real, the man standing in front of him was much similar to him. His hairstyle, his expressions, but things differentiate them was their eyes and mouth. For a second Minhyuk thoughts that this man in front of him was his long lost twins, but wait, he never had a twin before.

 

“Lee Minhyuk...?”

 

Minhyuk gasped to hear him calling his name. He obviously knows him while he knows nothing about him, “Y-yes...?”

 

He furrowed his brows in confusion while the latter remained composed and calm. The man heaved a deep sigh and comes closer toward him that makes him totally awake. All of sudden he becomes stiffened and aware with what’s he’s about to do.

 

“I guess you didn’t know me… yet…” The man said while Minhyuk can only nod his head, “I… I am Nam Woohyun…. And I’m here to ask you one thing…..”

 

Minhyuk blinked his eyes once again and gulped down his saliva, “W-what…?”

 

Woohyun sighed for nth times already and bit his lips, “I had one condition….”

 

 

 

 

“Dad you have to finish your meal… You’re getting thinner each day…”

 

Chorong put her arm on her waist as she saw his father’s plate still got foods left while he already marched out the dining and fire up his cigarettes, “And, you have to stop smoking… How could on earth, a surgeon smoking…? Isn’t that bad for your health, doctor?”

 

“I thought Eunji’s sleepover last night…?” Mr. Park avoided her nags and asked something else, tried to drift the talks away from her, “Where’s she…? I haven’t seen her in ages…”

 

“Because you’re busy…! She went off first thing in the morning because she got something to do first, urgently.” Chorong replied in much annoyed tone, she placed the plates and take it to sink and wash it, “Dad, please finish your food, you’re not a little child anymore…”

 

Mr. Park shook his head and walked toward the living room, he chuckle a little to see how his daughter grown up maturely and becomes much resembling his wife. He glad that his daughter grown up beautifully even without a mother’s care, her mother was died once she gave birth of her and somehow he pitied her for living with a man like him.

 

But she was changed drastically once she met Woohyun. Before she was a girl who always sulking whenever she saw her friends around her ages talking about her mother because she didn’t have one, but Woohyun, he successfully made her laugh and cheerful.

 

Woohyun, he could only heaved a sigh whenever he remembers the guy. He liked Woohyun entirely; the guy respects him as much he respects his own parents. He ever thinks that Woohyun could be her future son-in-law despite his harsh and rude attitude sometimes. But he cared about his daughter, that’s the most important thing. Even when they were separating because their little misunderstanding, he knew that the guy still got his eyes on his daughter.

 

Seeing them growing old together making him sure that he would taking a good care of her once he disappeared in this world.

 

That’s Mr. Park wished, somehow wished always clashed with its reality. The moment he learned Woohyun left her hanging, he didn’t shock at all. He expects that someday he would do that even he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter