Broken Wings : 035

Broken Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The sound of sobs clearly heard like the only music accompanied him in the darkness, no one else but he accompanied by the painful sound of sobs that starting to lighten the darkness. It was suffocating, intimidating and scares him to be surrounded by the darkness. It had no exit, no light and even no hopes.

 

But, the sobbing sounds that accompanied him through the darkness, started to hear alive. Little by little, he let himself follows the source of the sounds even though it's hard. His steps were heavy, it was likely somebody holds on him for not escape toward the sounds.

 

“Ireona, Woohyun-ah..... Ireona......”

 

He closed his eyes to hear the familiar voice calling for him, it was so painful and full of hopes yet he couldn't help himself. Even when he tried to walk, approaching the voice, it only makes his steps heavier.

 

“Chorong-ah.....” He whispered while still trying to take a step forcefully. But nothing happened, his feet glued on the dark ground as if prisoner him.

 

He heaved a deep sigh and closed his eyes again while tears started to rolling down, “I haven't tell her everything about my condition yet, please let me off this time....”

 

“Woohyun-ah, Woohyun-ah, please wake up.... Don't leave me, please wake up....”

 

Her voice getting louder calling for him, but Woohyun, no matter how much he wanted to run toward her voice's source, he couldn't. He can't even move his feet even for a step.

 

“I'll come back to you....” He talked again, as if she would heard him, “I'll find a way to reach you, Chorong-ah... Please wait a little bit more patient...”

 

“Don't leave me...”

 

Her voice started to lowered by minutes, and then fades away with Woohyun could only stares at his feet desperately and longingly.

 

“I'll find a way, I will....”

 

 

 

 

“Woohyun-ah, Woohyun-ah, please wake up.... Don't leave me, please wake up....”

 

Chorong couldn't hide her feelings anymore; she shook the lying unconscious body in front of her harshly, more likely, demands him to wake up. Tears already ruined her makeup, but she doesn't care, all she needs is to see him alive, to see Woohyun wake up from his lost dream.

 

Her father tried his best to calm her down, reassuring her that he's okay, but she just can't believe in what he said before she sees it on her own. Right now, Woohyun lay unconsciously inside the emergency room. The nurses already tried to keep her away from him, in sake for his recovery, but Chorong didn't budge to move a bit. She wanted to be on his sides, 24/7 until he finally opened his eyes.

 

She remembers how scared and shattered she was when Woohyun passed out in her embrace. She was literally shocked and couldn't decipher everything that happened unexpectedly. She was clueless and had no idea at all that Woohyun suffered a heart failure.

 

 

“Chorong-ah, hows.... How's my W-W-Woohyun?” She heard his mother's question the moment she arrived at the hospital with Sunggyu. His mother stares at her, but when she couldn't decipher a thing; his mother rushed entering the emergency room without thinking twice.

 

Chorong was already burst into tears; she even cannot talk properly because of what happened with Woohyun. It was happened in seconds, and she didn't even know what's wrong with him. Even when her father took a very fast decision to form an immediate surgery for him, she was could only stares in horror. She was totally clueless.

 

“Sunggyu-ya, do you know what's happened?” Eunji who already there with Chorong finally talked to make the situation less tensed.

 

Sunggyu sighed, he was also as surprised as them, he didn't expect him would have a sudden attack like this, “Have Doctor Park told you all about everything?”

 

Eunji shook her head while Chorong's eyes widened as she grabbed on his wrist tightly, “Tell me everything you know...”

 

Sunggyu bit his lips, he had promised Woohyun he wouldn't spill a thing about his condition, but seeing Chorong looks like a walking dead, he decided to save someone's life while the other one at risk. At least, he would feel less burdened if Chorong finally got a grip on what happened with Woohyun.

 

“Woohyun....” Sunggyu finally started to talk, “He... He suffers from a heart failure ever since he was 7. The doctor who treated him ever since he was a little is your father, Doctor Park. The reason why he kept it hiding from you is because he didn’t want you to worry and crying about his conditions. He said he always tired whenever he saw you crying so he thinks, keeping you away from the truth can make you kept smiling.”

 

Chorong hold on her breathe, she didn’t know that Woohyun thinks that much about herself. He even hides the truth about his condition afar from her.

 

“I know about his sickness when we were still freshmen in high school. He told me about everything, his family, his sickness and his relationship with you afterward.” Sunggyu continued, “The thing is, when I learned about his sickness, he already got a ring implant inside his heart to keep his heart pumped normally. He said, he got his ring implanted when he was 7. He usually suffers from nightmare, but when he met you the nightmare started to gone little by little. That’s why I always on his sides, became his wingman to help him whenever the sudden attack like this happened.”

 

Sunggyu sighed and looked interchangeably between Chorong and Eunji, “I often saw him suffered the attack, it breaks my heart to see my best friend suffering like that, but he always assured me that he’s okay and he will live longer because he had somebody waiting for him and that person is you, Chorong-ah. He always said that he will be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter