Broken Wings : 038

Broken Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Days have passed very quickly until it’s already two days before the wedding. Both Chorong and Woohyun always spends their days together, not minding the elders complaint about avoiding each others before the wedding day. Chorong can even bring herself to sleep, she was excited and yet deep down, very scared. She didn’t know why but she’s extremely anxious with no reasons. She always woken up whenever she found herself trembled in pain when she let herself fall into sleep even only for an hour.

 

And the very first thing she does is check up on Woohyun, even if it’s very hard. She used to call him in the middle of the night just to make sure that he’s still alive. Every day she prayed for the same thing over and over again. She’s became more protective, sensitive and emotional when it comes to Woohyun because of the last time happened with them. She didn’t want him to suffer from his sudden heart attack again, because it just pained her even more.

 

She always checks up on her dad for Woohyun’s organ donor which she learned that he refused the donor stubbornly. And even with her charm, trying to persuade Woohyun, it always ends up in failure because Woohyun is one stubborn person. He kept refusing again and again with the same excuses all over again.

 

“Daddy already checked on the donor’s family…” Chorong talked when they were in the middle of having breakfast near the hospital, it was likely their routine to have her accompanied him on daily check up, “He said, the father’s already agreed but the mother’s still opposing. I’ll try to talk to her so once we’re spouses, you can have your new heart for your body… and you’ll become healthy again.”

 

Woohyun gritted his teeth and placed his spoon heavily over the table yet successfully made quite loud smacks that startled Chorong, “How many times should I tell you that I’m not going to have the organ donor? I thought you understands me very well, Chorong-ah.”

 

“B-but I thought you’ll be better with the donor, Woohyun-ah. We should try.”

 

“No, I won’t do it, even if it makes you angry with me, I’ll stick into my own decisions.”

 

“I want you to be healthy again, Woohyun-ah…” Chorong started too teary once she saw Woohyun’s angered face, “It pains me to see you sick, and you have no idea that I can’t even bring myself to have a comfort sleep when all I think is you. You were let yourself in a coma, and not this time. I won’t let you leaving me again…”

 

“I won’t leave you.” Woohyun tried to avoid his eyes from her, “How many times should I tell you that I won’t leave you? You have my words; I’m a man with words, so you don’t have to worry because I’m not going to leave you.”

 

“Can you even promise me that one?” She asked with her hoarse voice. Her heart’s already beating so fast and she couldn’t even hide her feelings anymore in front of Woohyun, she’s just scared as sick.

 

Woohyun remained silent while he kept his eyes stares at her, seeing her teary eyes made his heart even more painful than it is. She was already burst into tears, not minding every gaze diverted on them. It’s like they were immerse on their own space with no one around, but them. He was likely being splashed with a cold water in the middle of summer once she asked him those question which he doesn’t even able to answer.

 

The air around them is likely turned thinner that made him hard to breathe.

 

How could she torture him this way? What makes him deserve such punishment from God?

 

Even if his heart painfully aches for them, he just can’t show her his funeral sides. He needs to be strong to make her strong.

 

“I… I don’t in the mood for this talking…” He shifted his head, avoiding her gaze once again while the latter could only nod her head dejectedly.

 

It’s really painful for him to act this way toward her, but he could do nothing but this.

 

Chorong sighed while wiping her tears limply, “Alright, let’s finishes our foods in hurry. We need a rest for tomorrow.”

 

Woohyun could only nod limply while forcing himself to swallow his foods, even though it’s hurt and muttered apology on his own because he can’t took a risk to make her crying. He sighed and sip his tea before finally placed down the spoon and chopsticks while keep his gaze intense on her.

 

Chorong trying her best to eat her food also as she knew by now that Woohyun is giving her another hard time. Even until nearing their wedding day, Woohyun’s still the one that hard to figure out. He seemed always stuck on his own world.

 

“Chorong-ah, do you have a wish?” He decided to talk, trying to melt the sulking atmosphere between them.

 

She raised her head and batted her lashes while staring at him wonderingly, “A wish?”

 

He nodded his head while trying his best to look as natural as he could as if nothing happened between them beforehand, “Yes, a wish… Or, let’s go to somewhere else, enjoying our last day as singles and get Sunggyu and Eunji joined us… It would be fun reminiscing the old days with them…”

 

“Do you want to go somewhere?”

 

Woohyun nodded his head again, “I want to go to amusement park, it’s been ages since the last time we have fun in an amusement park.”

 

“W-w-what?” Chorong looked flustered and put down her spoon, “Do you want to go to amusement park? No way, Woohyun-ah, it’s too dangerous for you.”

 

“I’m okay, Chorong-ah…” He sighed while took a medicine bottle from his back, “I’ll be okay since I got this one and you’re here with me.”

 

Chorong remained silent as she kept her gaze on him.

 

Woohyun smiled warmly, “Please, do not tire yourself for over thinking about me, think about something else… Thinking about how you’re going to survive when I’m not around you anymore? This is not like I’ll leave you, but this is how you should live, Chorong-ah. You should’ve known that people comes and go like seasons and you should try to accept it whole-heartedly or else, you’ll make it hard for people like me…”

 

“You know from the start that I hate to see you crying yet you always use those cry as some kind of self-protect. Yes you can cry, but you can’t drown yourself into that sorrowful sadness…” Woohyun continued, “You should’ve known that even when I’m not around with you anymore, you have to believe that I’ll always be with you, no matter what…. And that’s the only thing I could promise you…”

 

The whole time conversation, Chorong could only hold on her breathe as each words he muttered likely a sharp blade searing her already broken heart. She didn’t know if she should listen to him or kept sticking into her own. But all things he needs to know that she can’t lose him, no matter what yet he was already give up on himself, that’s what made her upset.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter