Broken Wings : 034

Broken Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

When people said that God had another plans for disable people, Woohyun can only said that God is not fair. Why among other people, it has to be him?

 

Woohyun closed his eyes as his doctor examined his body. It was almost became his daily routine to get checked up by his personal doctor that none other than Doctor Park, Chorong’s father. He always scolds Woohyun whenever the time to check up comes and he didn’t even show up at his office. Because of that, Doctor Park decided to have direct examination at Woohyun’s place.

 

“How are you feeling, kiddo?” Doctor Park asked him once he pulled his stethoscope off his ears, “Do you have anything to share with me about your body conditions, how are you feeling or anything?”

 

Woohyun button up his shirt, there’s visibly a surgery mark on his chest, “Gee, I’m not a kid anymore, Doc…”

 

“But you’re still a kid, though, Woohyun-ah…” Doctor Park chuckled, “I took care of you…”

 

Woohyun get off from his bed and passed Doctor Park a can of beer, “I’m legal….”

 

“Jeez, you’re still drinking alcohol?” Doctor Park’s face turned full of concerned, “Don’t tell me that you’re smoking….”

 

He shook his head, “Nope, I don’t smoke but yes, I’m still drinking…”

 

“You need to stop if you want to live longer…” Doctor Park placed the alcohol back over his cupboard, “What about your night? Have you suffered any shortness of breath these days?”

 

He nodded his head, “Yeah, it was terrible and all I can think that it was my last day…”

 

Doctor Park shook his head while placing back his tools inside his bag, “Do not ever think that way… Your heart condition is good, but you have to be aware and do not stress yourself over a thing, alright? And stop drinking….”

 

Woohyun could only smirked while sipping his beers, “How’s Chorong, Doc? I haven’t seen her for a week…”

 

“I guess she’s alright despite her endless crying night over her break up with Lee Minhyuk…” Doctor Park talked, “I guess you already know that, huh?”

 

“She dated him because he looks like me…”

 

Doctor Park shifted his head as if suppressing his laughter, “Yeah, I thought Lee Minhyuk resembles you the most but in my opinion he fits Chorong better than you…”

 

“Doctor!!! You know me better than you know him…” Woohyun shrieked back, cannot believe in what he just heard, “I can’t believe that you’re cheating on me…”

 

“Well, I can’t help because Chorong seemed really happy with Minhyuk while she’s incredibly desperate, sulking and have no strength to live whenever you’re around… It’s like she absorbing your dark aura, I guess…”

 

Woohyun remained silent while he heard the Doctor talked, he cannot deny it, because he was alright after all. He can’t afford her happiness, in the end he kept throwing her misery, no matter how much he loved her, and it was . It was to know that he can’t do anything despite his eagerness to have her back.

 

Doctor Park sighed and turned his head toward Woohyun’s directions, “The thing is… you can’t even bring yourself to tell her the truth about yourself while you kept telling me to shut… I know you loved her sincerely and I know that she loved you back, but I don’t want what happened back then repeated just because you’re not brave enough to tell her the truth… She was desperately crying over you when you got treatment abroad, and I was hurt to see her crying like that when I absolutely know the truth behind everything…”

 

“B-but I can’t…. I don’t want to see her crying…”

 

“That’s something you can’t do, Woohyun-ah. If she’s crying then let her, she’s crying because she’s feeling sad. But, until when you want to keep the whole thing off from her? Until you’re gone?” Doctor Park asked him while carrying his bag, about to leaving his room, “Think about it, Woohyun-ah, and consider this as your last straw… I’m leaving; do not forget to drink your medicine….”

 

Doctor Park leaves his room, leaving him dumbfounded. He was torn, Doctor Park’s words were true, and he just can’t hide his conditions forever. What if he hasn’t had any chance to tell her yet something bad happened to him? He shook his head and walked toward his bed, picking up his phone and dialed a familiar number.

 

“Sunggyu-ya, I need your help…”

 

 

 

 

Chorong walked down the hall with the stack of books on her hands while she got the glimpse of students whispering on each other while they kept their eyes on her. She shifted her eyes down and nothing’s wrong with her today’s attire. She brushed her hair down and yet, nothing’s weird happened to her and why everyone’s eyes staring at her weirdly? Even some of them are giggling!

 

She fastens her pace toward her class, just to meet Eunji who was stuffing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter