Chapter 7

Love Bites

---SNSD---

On the way to school the next morning, there wasn't much talk in the bus. Fine by her. Yuri had a lot of things to think about.

The first thing was why Sooyoung came back feeling so happy yesterday evening. Yoona and Yuri had tried to ask Sooyoung what had happened but with no luck. They found her hugging a Minnie Mouse toy in her room when they went to 'interrogate' her. Yuri thought that was pretty normal for Sooyoung but she didn't get the part about the Minnie Mouse toy. Sooyoung had quite a few soft toys sitting on top of her bed's head board. Why she chose a Minnie Mouse toy, Yuri didn't know why. They stopped asking Sooyoung questions when Tiffany came in and shooed them out of the room. 

"She's hiding something.", Yoona said softly as they both walked out of the room. Yuri rolled her eyes and said,"Duh~" But as she thought about it, she thought it was most likely something to do with SHINee. That was her best guess.

Oh, the second thing. Yuri suddenly wondered if she really liked Minho. Of course, they had a very long good history, good friends, you would say. She always saw him as a friend, until yesterday, *boom*. It was when she, Minho and Taemin were playing catch. They were about halfway through the game when Minho turned around and smiled at her. Suddenly, Yuri had lots of flashbacks, like she was flipping through a photo album. She thought: Oh gosh. Why didn't I notice that smile before? Just then, Taeyeon yelled something at them. Yuri stumbled a little and crashed into Taeyeon. It was pretty funny to the rest, but not to her. Sooyoung pulled her up from the floor and said, trying not to laugh,"Were you thinking about something?" Yuri glared at her. She then grumbled,"Yeah, real great friends I have..."

Just then, the bus jerked to a stop. "Yuri! We're here.", Yoona said as she gently shook Yuri's shoulder. Yuri sat up and looked outside. The bus was already parked in the carpark of the school. Students were miling around, talking to their friends. "Aww. Okay.", Yuri mumbled. Yuri grabbed her bag and alighted the bus, following Jessica. Today, it was very different. There were no screaming people, no melo-drama. Everybody was minding their own business. Yuri thought that it was perfectly fine. She didn't have to duck from people anymore. Once in a while while they were walking, somebody would smile at them.

Since they had 30 minutes before assembly started, they decided to take a detour to the soccer field. Their very first mistake of the day, and it was all Taeyeon and Hyoyeon's idea. They said they wanted fresh air.

 

You know, the school was really really big. So, if you want to get anywhere within five minutes (except for the next classroom), just forget it. Fortunately, the carpark was quite near the field. "Hey! Seems like it would be a good day.", Taeyeon said cheerfully as they neared the field. They stopped in their tracks when they saw who were on the field. "Taeyeon unnie, I think it's best for you to DON'T SAY ANYTHING next time.", Seohyun said as she kept looking at the field and frowning at Taeyeon. Everybody glared or stared at Taeyeon. Taeyeon protested,"Hey! It's not my fault entirely! You should also blame Hyoyeon. Anyway, do you think we can see into the future?" "No. You can't.", Hyoyeon agreed heartily,"Let's go and meet them." "WHAT?", they all yelled, although it sounded very unsincere. "Meet them?", Sunny said incredulously as she pointed in the direction of SHINee.

So, their plan was to sneak out without being seen by the five boys who were playing football. Yuri was very sure that the plan would fall through, and it sure did. Hey, it doesn't mean that once they were celebrities luck would be on their side. When they were almost across, Jessica yelled, "Yuri! Watch out!" Yuri turned around just in time and saw a football flying towards her. She jumped aside quickly, the ball missing her right arm by a hairline. The ball bounced back from the wall behind SNSD and flew into Yuri's hands. Lucklily, the ball was still dry, otherwise, her skirt would be dirty. Yuri twirled the ball in her right hand and looked at the five boys on the field. They had a totally pokerfaced look on their faces. Minho looked like he was the one being hit by the ball instead of Yuri. Yuri smirked and turned to the rest. "What do you think?", she said casually. Everyone looked at each other and then yelled, "GAME PLAN!!!"

Faster than the boys could react, the nine girls split up and ran in different places on the field. Yoona followed Yuri. Now, Yuri's main plan was to run away as far as she could from the boys. Just then, (SHINee really had slow reactions) Jonghyun yelled at the others, "They are taking our football!" "Yes they are! Now shut up and try to get it back!", Key shouted back. Taemin started running first, towards Yuri. Yuri was still running but Taemin was catching up. "Gods. Those boys really could run.", Yuri thought. Yoona was still running beside her, but she stopped for a moment to tie her shoelaces. After Yoona tied her her shoelaces, she screamed, "Yuri! Wait-" Then, Taemin collided into Yoona. Oops. Quality time for them. Yuri continued running. Suddenly, Minho appeared out of nowhere and cornered her. "Ha! You seriously think you're going to keep running? Give it to me now.", Minho said to her. Yuri then caught sight of Taeyeon waving her hands to her. "Fat hope.", she sneered, "Taeyeon! Catch!" She threw the ball with deadly accuracy and it landed in Taeyeon's arms. Taeyeon fled with Onew chasing after her now. Minho scowled at Yuri and ran off in Taeyeon's direction. Poor boys. 9 against 5. They would never win. They played this little surprise game against Super Junior and they didn't stand a chance. Oh and that was before Sorry Sorry.

Soon, the two groups were playing monkey in the middle. Somewhere and somehow, Key got the football back. "Wow. You girls can run really fast. Among all the girls that I've met, you all have the best stamina.", Jonghyun said grudgingly. Jessica yelled, "Are you saying that boys are better than girls?" Jonghyun's face immediately said, "No! I didn't mean that!" Onew checked his watch and said, "Ten more minutes till assembly. We better get going." Everyone nodded in agreement. Yuri was grinning madly although she was panting heavily. She tripped Minho twice and she was feeling great. Many of them had fallen down during the game (usually because of a bear called Onew and a hurricane called Hyoyeon). Fortunately, the ground was dry and they only got a few minor scratches and sand on their legs. Since there was a strong cool wind blowing, their sweat dried quickly. If they got into the assembly hall dirty and sweaty, Yuri figured out it wouldn't do their image good and Mrs Jeong wouldn't be too happy about it. The sun was already rising and all of them grabbed their bags and ran towards the assembly hall.

Fortunately for them, they were not late as they ran into the hall, although some people shot them odd looks. Yuri, Yoona, Taemin and Minho went to join 2A for assembly. 

After assembly, Mrs Jeong asked for the rest of the cohort to leave except for the Year Ones. After everyone who was supposed to leave had left, the Year Ones talked excitedly about what the principal was going to say. As soon as Mrs Jeong took her place on stage, the whole place quietened down and everyone fixed their eyes on Mrs Jeong. After scanning the whole place, Mrs Jeong then said with a twinkle in her eyes, "I have come... to announce that this year, the school has decided to organise a special camp just for you all." Everybody started talking at once. Yoona asked Yuri, "Camp?" "Yeah. Camp.", Yuri replied. She felt all excited. The camp would be a must for her. Mrs Jeong made a 'stop' sign and waited again for everybody to quieten down. "It will be three days and two nights. It is next week, Monday to Wednesday. Your homeroom teachers will give you all more information later. Dismissed!"

As Yuri walked along with her class, she kept thinking how the camp would be like. What she didn't know was that the camp would be a very magical time for her.

 

Okay guys, I didn't really much about MinYul in this chapter, so sorry. But I promise there will really be MinYul moments. :) Thanks to all my subscribers! You all really made my day! Please comment and subscribe! Oh yes and I need to tell you all that I'll be busy due to school but I'll update as soon as I can. Kamsa habni da! :)))