Chapter 6

Love Bites

---SHINee---

Key thought that the school was cool. It had a pool on the roof top, an open air garden on the third level (it was just an extra large balcony sticking out of the floor but it was filled with plants and a really cool Greek style fountain.) and a cafe. Whoopee.  His home room teacher was called Ms Lee. Key thought that she was fine except that she kept eyeing on him and Sooyoung as if they were going to cause trouble. Seriously? Okay maybe she was correct. At least Jonghyun, his best bud, was in the same class as him, Sooyoung and Jessica too.

Key noticed that the girls were already talking to some other girls already. Key and Jonghyun shuffled along with the class quietly. As they got closer to the girls, they both could hear their conversation. A girl slightly taller than Jessica asked,"Sooyoung, do you like any of the SHINee members?" Sooyoung laughed and shook her head,"No." "What about you Jessica?", the girl asked again. Jessica hesitated for a second and then answered,"Gyu Min, I don't like any of them!" Key could tell that was a total lie. Gyu Min raised an eyebrow and looked at Jessica but she didn't press on. Key looked at Jonghyun and noticed that he was looking at the floor as he walked. If Key did not see wrongly, Jonghyun seemed to be frowning.

"Hey. Are you okay?", Key asked Jonghyun. 

"Hmm? I'm fine."

"You don't seem so. Girl problems?"

Jonghyun looked up at Key warily. Just then, the break bell rang. The students grabbed their friends' arms and ran towards the canteen. Jounghyun broke into a grin and said,"Break time now. Let's go join the rest." Key could almost hear the relief gushing out of the sentence.

Fortunately for them, they found the rest gathered outside classroom 2B. Onew and Taeyeon were still slightly awkward with each other but at least they were talking now. Minho, Yuri and Taemin were playing a game of catch around everybody. Yoona stood at one corner watching them play. The rest were more or less talking to each other. They were the only ones in the area, for now. Seohyun was busy reading a book. Finally, Taeyeon managed to control everybody with the help of Onew. 

"Okay everyone. First things first. One hour after break we are dismissed. And we can go back to the dorms by ourselves right?", Taeyeon asked. Everybody nodded. After that, they continued to talk about their new classmates. Key wasn't really interested in the whole session. The only thing that caught his attention was that there was a shopping and food street right beside the school. "A shopping district?", he asked. "Yes. A senior told me that. It's just right outside the back gate.", Hyoyeon replied. "Oh. Thanks." Then after that, he kept thinking about going to to the shopping district. He thought: I'll go there after school. Anyway, I don't want to go back to the dorm so early.

So, one hour later, after he changed clothes and whatnot, he sprinted out through the back gate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SNSD - Soo Young

Okay. Confession time. During the whole discussion, all Sooyoung could think of was about the shopping street. She was pretty interested in that place. So straight after dismissal, she went to change into her home clothes. Okay not exactly home clothes. Outing clothes. She changed into a white blouse with flowery patterns on the neckline and a pair of denim shorts since it was summer. Okay. I'm done. :she thought. With that, she ran all the way out of school.

Once Sooyoung reached the street, she began wandering around. 5 minutes into her stroll, her smart phone vibrated. She sighed and took out her phone from her pocket and looked at the screen. 

 

                                                 Where are you? - Kim Tae Yeon

                                                 At the shopping street next to school. , Soo Young texted back.

                                                Okay, but be back by 5.00. - Kim Tae Yeon

                                                Okay. Noted. , Sooyoung replied.

 

Sooyoung then slipped her phone back into her pocket and continued walking down the street. The street was not so crowded, ideal for shopping. The street was a nice, old fashioned street. Shops lined both sides of the street. Trees were placed at equal distances on each side of the road's pavements. It also had those old fashioned lamp posts which were very unique. They gave the whole place a romantic feeling. Some shops caught her attention as she walked down the street, one of them was a shop selling k-pop merchandise (she laughed to herself when she saw a poster of SNSD stuck on the shop's glass door), but one caught her biggest attention.

Nearing the end of the street, Sooyoung saw an arcade. She immediately grinned in glee. An arcade! That's where she needed to be at the moment. Sooyoung stepped into the arcade and was greeted by a cool blast of air-conditioner. There weren't many people in the arcade, only about three or four people were playing the games but whole place was pretty big. She walked around, finding a game to play. She considered playing the basket ball game but she tossed it aside when she saw a teenage boy playing the game. Hmm... What now? Then, she spotted the pick-up toy machine. She walked towards it. There were a few of the same machines in the same row but they were filled with different toys. The machines were at the farthest end of the arcade and were blocked by a row of racing car games/machines and it was totally deserted.

Sooyoung wanted to try the pick-up machines although Taeyeon and a few other people kept saying that the game was a waste of time and money. But that didn't work on stubborn people like Sooyoung. She bent down and slotted a coin into one of the machines. The game machine lit up with rainbow colours and the count down started. Sooyoung pursed her lips and moved the claw silently to the top protruding toy, a baby pooh soft toy. She arranged it until the claw was directly on top of the toy. She then pressed the button and the claw dropped. At first, Sooyoung thought that it would work out  but the claw dropped the toy before it reached the chute. Sooyoung grumbled silently as she fished out another coin and slotted it in.

The game started and she placed her hand on the control stick. Suddenly another hand appeared and placed over her hand on the control stick.  Sooyoung almost yelped in shock. She turned to her right and saw Key squatting down beside her. Key was smiling. He then said,"Let me help." Sooyoung suddenly forgot how to speak. They both stared into each other's eyes while. The only sound was the game machines' sound effects. When Sooyoung found her voice back, she smiled naturally and said,"Okay." They looked at the machine and began playing, together. Honestly, she was a little shocked when they managed to get a Minnie Mouse soft toy, which was holding a heart with 'LOVE' embroidered on it. "It's yours.", Key said plainly. "Of course it's mine! Do you want a Minnie Mouse toy sitting in your dorm?", Sooyoung replied cheekily. They both stared at each other again. This time with both of them smiling. 

"Another round?", Key asked. Sooyoung snorted,"Definitely." Key slotted in another coin and they did it together again. This time, it was a Mickey Mouse toy, otherwise it was the same. "Definitely yours.", Sooyoung said quickly. She wanted to add,"And they're a pair." but she kept it to herself. "Uh huh. Okay.", Key said as he took the toy and put it in his back pack. Sooyoung did the same. Then Key asked,"Want to eat?" Sooyoung nodded eagerly. They then stood up and walked out of the arcade.

Soon, they found a stall selling spicy rice cakes. They ordered a plate and shared it. Once, Sooyoung had some sauce on her cheek. "You really eat a lot Sooyoung.", Key said as smiled and used a piece of tissue paper to wipe away the sauce. Sooyoung didn't know how to react then. She felt like laughing and melting at the same time.

After the food, Sooyoung and Key walked side by side and explored the rest if the shops. Halfway through, their hands found each other and they started holding hands. Sooyoung felt really really happy at that time that she could not stop smiling. 

Sooyoung looked at her watch and yelped,"It's 4.30 already. We better be going back now." "You're right. Before Onew starts nagging at me too." Then they began to run while holding hands in the sunset.

When Sooyoung and Key reached the dorms, they were very very exhausted. "5.00! Just in time. See you tomorrow.", Key said. "Same to you.", Sooyoung replied. They let go of their hands and parted.

"Girls!!! I'm back! Taeyeon! Open the door!", Sooyoung yelled as she knocked on the door. The door flew open and Taeyeon stood there with arms akimbo. "Finally! I thought you would be late.", Taeyeon chided. However, Sooyoung was feeling much too happy to retort like her usual self. She just grinned at Taeyeon and walked past the living room towards her room. "Hey girls! I'm back.", Sooyoung said casually to the rest of the girls in the living room. She smiled to herself and went inside her room and closed the door. Sooyoung knew that everybody was shocked because there was a sudden chatter in the dorm.

"What's up with Sooyoung?"

"Yeah. She's acting weird."

"She looked as if she just came back from a fairy tale."

Sooyoung wanted to say,"Yes I did." She took the Minnie Mouse toy from her bag, hugged it and lay on her bed. "Ah... Good day.", she muttered to herself.

 

Ah ha!!! I finished this chapter!! Yippee! MinYul up next. Please comment and subscribe! Thank you! :))))