Chapter 25

Love Bites

(In SHINee's dorm later that night...)

---Jonghyun's POV---

All of them were either calling or texting 2pm and Super Junior, telling them about the masquerade ball and the plan to meet up this Sunday. It was pretty exciting, really.

Jonghyun sighed as he laid back on the sofa, wondering who to call next, Wooyoung or Nickhun. He had just finished calling Taecyeon. He looked over to Taemin who was on the line with Kyuhyun. "Yes! We're meeting up this Saturday!" -Pause- "Mm hmm. We're getting clothes." -Pause- "Oh yes! Seohyun should be going." -Long pause- "Um... Yeah. Okay! See you on Sunday!" -Pause- "Okay! Bye!"

Taemin hanged up the phone and grinned. "Jonghyun hyung! Kyuhyun said he could make it." the boy told him. Jonghyun nodded his head and replied, "That's good." Taemin jumped up from his seat and sat down beside Jonghyun. He asked, "Hyung! Who are you calling next?" Jonghyun looked at his phone and said after deciding, "Nickhun."

Jonghyun went to his contacts and scrolled down for Nickhun's name. "2pm NK" He clicked on the number and the call started. Taemin nudged him and Jonghyun instantly knew what he wanted. He switched the call to loud speaker and looked at Taemin. He whispered, "You, owe me homework answers after this." Taemin gave him an innocent look.

Just then, the call went through and Nickhun's voice appeared. "Anyeonghasaeyo?", Nickhun asked. Jonghyun quickly said, "Hi Nickhun. Its me, Jonghyun." "Oh oh! Hi Jonghyun! What did you call me for?", Nickhun replied cheerfully.

"Oh um... You know the masquerade ball right?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to come along with us to get some clothing for the ball?"

"Maybe. Who is going?"

"SHINee, the SNSD girls and Super Junior hyungs. 2pm will go too. Onew is calling the rest of them. I've already called Taecyeon. He's going."

"Oh... Then, is f(x) coming along?"

Jonghyun paused. Nickhun had surprised him with that one. Taemin gave him an encouraging look. Nickhun asked, "Jonghyun?" He cleared his throat and replied slowly, "No... Honestly, Wooyoung. Um... You see, we got some really big problems with them at school." Wooyoung fell silent for a while. Then he said, "Oh nevermind then. It's okay." He didn't sound okay. "Let me check my schedule first. Don't hang up."

Jonghyun could hear the phone being put down and then a lot of rustling sounds came, like paper scraping against paper. After a while, He could hear Nickhun yell, "Taecyeon! Give me back my schedule list! And stop eating my snacks!" -Pause- Then, Nickhun came back to the phone. "Hello?"

"Yeah, I'm still here. So, can you go?"

"Yep! I'm free the whole morning and afternoon."

"That's great! So see you on Sunday!"

'Okay. Bye!"

"Bye!"

Nickhun hung up the phone. Jonghyun looked at Taemin. He had heard everything. Taemin said, "He likes Victoria. That's bad. We have to warn him." Jonghyun just sighed and said, "Taemin, sometimes, things cannot be forced. If Nickhun likes Victoria, let him be. Sometimes, the worst things can turn good. The tiniest bit of love and hope can change people."

He patted Taemin on the shoulder and walked back to his room, leaving the maknae to ponder on what he said.


(later that night)

Jonghyun was about to sleep when his phone buzzed. He snatched the phone from the bedside table and muttered, "Aish. Who can it be? It's so late already." It was already 2am, and he had just ended his schedule, and he was incredibly tired. He answered the phone without looking at the screen. "Anyeonghasaeyo?" he mumbled.

"Hi Jonghyun! It's me, Jessica!" a cheerful said from the other end. Jonghyun got so startled, he almost fell off his bed. He repositioned his phone properly and cupped his hand over his mouth, aware of the sleeping Taemin across the room. He hissed, "Gosh Jessica! You scared me! Anyway, what's up?" Jessica laughed. Jonghyun had to admit - hearing Jessica's laughter was the best thing all evening.

Jessica replied, "I just wanted to make sure you're alright. And... Right. Did accept the invites?" It took Jonghyun a few moments to register what she said. "Oh oh. Yes. Some of them can't make it, but most of them can."

"Okay. That's good. Were you about to sleep when I called? You sound awfully tired."

"Well, yeah... Where are you? Are you going to sleep too?"

"Um no... I'm still at a schedule with Taeyeon and Yoona. We'll probably be back at the dorm at around 3.00 plus."

"Oh. Then, hwaiting!"

"Thanks! You sleep tight. See you on Sunday!"

"Yeah okay. Bye!"

"Bye bye."

Then he hung up the phone. He sighed and closed his eyes. Just then, Taemin mumbled as he turned around on his bed, "Hyung, who called just now?" "Just Jessica noona. Go back to sleep." he told Taemin. Taemin sighed and said, "It's like a Romeo and Juliette story here..." Jonghyun looked over at the maknae. "What do you mean?" Taemin snored gently, which meant he had fallen asleep.

Jonghyun just sighed and said, "Sweet dreams, Taemin." Then he switched off the lamp.


---Jessica's POV---

(On Sunday)

Yay! She was pretty excited today. Yay yay yay. She stretched out on her bed and then sat up. She stared at the clock on the wall. 7.00am. Enough time for all nine of them to dress up and squabble. She usually could not wake up on her own, but today she felt totally excited. Meeting Jonghyun was great, but going to buy pretty dresses? That was awesome!

She sat up on her bed and stared at Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. They were still snoring like kids. Jessica decided to surprise the girls. She got out of her bed and looked into her wardrobe. She decided to wear 3/4 jeans today and a blue t-shirt that said, "Yo! Wassup!" She took the clothes and went to wash up in the toilet outside.

When Jessica got out of the toilet, the dorm was still dead silent. Good, she could still surprise them. She went into the kitchen and started making breakfast for them.

She was sitting at the table, with the rest of the breakfast laid out for the girls. She took a look at her hard work. She had made toast with ham and egg for them plus some sausages. She had set up the table for them too. She sat at her seat and looked at the doorway. No sign of life yet. Yeesh, who'd knew that they could sleep so much more than her?

Since they hadn't woken up, she decided to fill in their glasses too. She took out the fresh milk, strawberry yoghurt drink and orange juice from the fridge. She reached out for Seohyun's cute ceramic cup with dog bone designs on it and poured fresh milk into it. Since Seohyun likes milk... she thought. Then she poured the milk for Hyoyeon, Sunny and herself. Strawberry milk for Tiffany and Taeyeon... And she poured the milk into Tiffany's pink cup and Taeyeon's SNSD mug. Then the rest had orange juice.

Jessica was sitting at her seat at the table when Taeyeon's voice rang out, a little sleepily. "Mmm... Smells so nice." Then she and Sunny came walking into the dining room. They stopped in their tracks when they saw Jessica rocking her chair at the table. "Good morning guys!" she said, as if it were perfectly normal to wake up early in the morning and prepare breakfast.

"What's up yo?" Hyoyeon murmured as she sauntered into the dining room with Sooyoung and Seohyun right behind her. Their eyes flew wide when they saw Jessica sitting at the table. Jessica got a little uncomfortable with all the attention. "Guys? Can you all please sit down?" she asked. They unfroze and obediently went to their seats. She was still the second oldest you know? kekeke

Tiffany went walking into the dining room shyly and took her seat. Then the rest went in and took their places. "Jessica, did you really make it yourself?" Taeyeon asked, still in a little shock. "Um... Yeah." "It's freaking awesome!" Sunny chimed in. The rest nodded their heads. "Okay let's eat now. I'm hungry." Seohyun complained. They muttered, "We'll eat it well." before they went for the toasts.

Sooyoung took a bite and exclaimed, "Oh my god! It's very nice!" "Thanks!" Jessica blushed. She took a bite too, and it was great. Small talks sprang up from time to time, like when their new comeback was.

"You know, I heard Lee Soo Man telling manager oppa that our new comeback would be soon." Hyoyeon said between bites. Taeyeon then added, "I think our new theme song is... Tell Me Your Wish... If I'm not wrong." "Sounds nice. I wonder what's the tune." Jessica said as she nibbled a sausage. Sooyoung shrugged as she took a bite of her toast.

Tiffany was so quiet, nibbling her toast all the time. Suddenly she asked in a small voice, "Girls? Can I follow you all later to Dongdaemun?" She didn't look up. All of them stopped eating. Taeyeon stared at Tiffany. "Of course, you can." The rest just nodded meekly. "But why?" See, even Taeyeon, Tiffany's best friend questioned her. "I need new clothes too." "Oh okay." Jessica said as she finished up her sausage.

After a while, Taeyeon clapped her hands and said, "Okay girls. We should be washing up now. Otherwise we'll be late." Sooyoung got up so quickly and ran into the kitchen with her plate. Jessica never saw her so willingly leave food so fast in her life. The rest shrugged and followed suit.

After about an hour, they all got ready to go.


(Later on outside the shopping centre.)

SNSD were loitering outside at the taxi stand where they were supposed to meet up.. Jessica sighed as Yuri and Yoona ran past her, laughing and making faces. Those girls should be more aware of their image. Seriously...

Taeyeon was sitting on one of the benches reading newspapers. Tiffany was standing beside Jessica staring into space. Sunny was walking around while checking her make-up. Hyoyeon and Seohyun were standing together near Taeyeon. They seemed nervous. Sooyoung was walking up and down the row of nearby shops and looking at the clothing.

Jessica looked over at Tiffany who was leaning on the glass window of a shop. She tried to talk to Tiffany. "Tiffany, are you okay?" Jessica asked. Tiffany just rolled her eyes and went back into her trance. Fine. If she wanted it to be this way, let her be. Then, Super Junior came.

It was obvious when they came, because there were lots of screaming. Jessica looked up and saw Leeteuk and the rest.  He smiled at her and then went to talk to Taeyeon. Yesung, Donghae, Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Ryeowook were here too. They had dressed pretty casually. When Kyuhyun saw Seohyun he ran froward and hugged her. Hyoyeon walked up to Ryeowook and said hi to him. Sungmin and Sunny started playing catch with each other.

The rest of Super Junior waved to the girls and then stood around, talking and laughing. Theere were lots of people gasping and taking pictures, no doubt passing on the information that Super Junior were at Dongdaemun. They hadn't noticed SNSD yet, even though they were like talking to Super Junior. Maybe they had blended in too well. Then 2pm appeared.

Taecyeon, Wooyoung and Nickhun got out of a taxi and waved at them. Leeteuk went over to them and gave each of them a hug. He asked, "Why did you take the taxi? We all took the subway." Taecyeon looked at Nickhun with an accusing look and said, "He insisted on taking it!" Nickhun grinned sheepishly and replied, "What? Our dorm is far away you know." Wooyoung rolled his eyes and then said, "Please ignore them. Anyway, nice to see you all."

Nickhun glared at Wooyoung. Taecyeon stepped forward and asked, "Where is SHINee?" Taeyeon smiled and answered, "They're coming soon. We have to wait." The three members of 2pm and nodded their heads, then they went into an intense squabble about their taxi ride. Only Wooyoung seemed uninterested. Jessica noticed that his eyes always drifted over to Tiffany once in a while. Finally, he slipped away from Taecyeon and went to stand beside Tiffany.

"Hey Tiffany. Are you okay? You look very distracted?" Wooyoung asked. Tiffany jerked and looked up. She looked a little surprised to see Wooyoung. Then after a while, she gave Wooyoung a warm smile and said, "Nah. It's nothing. I'm okay." Wooyoung smiled and said "That's good. How are you? It's been some time since I saw you." Wow. It had been really long since Tiffany smiled so sincerely. She did no more than sneer, roll her eyes and glare at them nowadays. She wondered if Wooyoung had some magic powers or something.


Uh okay. Not much for this chapter. More coming up in the next chapter! Hope you enjoyed reading it so far! Bye bye :D