Chapter 18

Love Bites

---Sooyoung---

Sooyoung stretched out on my bed and yawned. She looked out of the window and and saw that the sky was still dark. She muttered as she flipped over to her side, "Why is it still so dark..." Then her alarm clock rang. "And why is my alarm clock ringing so early..." Then it all hit her it the brain. Silly her. Today was a Monday and she needed to go back to school.

She sighed as she got up and got dressed. As she did so, she kept thinking about Tiffany, how she acted so strangely yesterday. When Taeyeon came home and broke the news that evening, everyone was totally happy, except Tiffany. She looked like she was planning to kill someone. Sooyoung changed into her uniform and tied up her hair. Then she thought of the brief conversation she had with Tiffany yesterday at the kitchen.

-flashback-

Sooyoung walked into the kitchen feeling totally great after eating dinner. Then she spotted Tiffany standing in a corner looking at a bracelet she didn't see before today. Sooyoung walked up to Tiffany and asked, "Hey. Fany-ah. Are you okay? You seemed a little distracted just now." Tiffany looked up and quickly slipped the bracelet into her pocket."No, I'm fine.", Tiffany said coldly. "Seriously. Did something happen when you were outside just now?", Sooyoung persisted.

Tiffany gave Sooyoung a cold smile. "Nothing happened.", she said. Then she paused for a while and asked, "Do you like Key a lot?" "Yeah. Why?", Sooyoung replied suspiciously. Tiffany smiled to herself and she looked at Sooyoung. Then something shocked Sooyoung. The look in Tiffany's eyes was evil. Sooyoung thought she was losing her mind then Tiffany changed back to her eye smile and said, "Nothing. Just wanted to know." Then she walked out of the kitchen muttering, "I have the perfect plan..."

Sooyoung just stood there staring at Tiffany in shock. Tiffany didn't strike her as a dangerous person. But now... Unbelievable. Sooyoung was sure something had happened. A bad one. And she was sure she wouldn't like the answer to it.

-end of flashback-

Sooyoung looked at her reflection in her mirror. Perfecto. She smiled. She should put those disturbing thoughts aside and enjoy herself today. After all, she had a date with Key after school today. Nothing could go wrong. And she was perfectly wrong.


The first half of the day passed by smoothly. No screaming teachers. No fights. And... IT WAS LUNCHTIME! FOOD!

Sooyoung made her way to the canteen and plopped her bag down at where SNSD usually sat during lunch and joined the queue.  Key was also about to join so she decided to give him a surprise.

She crept up behind him and covered his eyes. "Guess who?", she asked cheekily. Key said without hesitation, "Sooyoung." "Bingo." And she put down her hands. Key turned around and gave Sooyoung a poke in the stomach. 'Hey!", Sooyoung yelled indignantly. "Serve you right for scaring me.", Key said cheekily.

Sooyoung glared at him. "Okay! Fine fine fine.", Key said. Then he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. Sooyoung felt as if the whole world had suddenly turned into HD. "Better now?", Key asked. "Yeah. Much better.", Sooyoung replied as she blushed.

Just then, Jessica walked past. "Hi Sica!" Jessica heard and turned. She gave Sooyoung and Key and smile and said, "Hi guys!" And then she hurried away. Sooyoung turned and saw Key staring after Jessica and he looked really solemn.

"Key, its your turn.", Sooyoung said. Key jolted and moved forward to place his order. Sooyoung observed Key as he took his food. She had a nagging suspicion about Key and Jessica. What exactly was between them? They were just friends right? Sooyoung felt really jealous of Jessica. Why was Key always paying attention to her these few days? And he looked as if he'd been having nightmares. 

They got their food. On the way back to their tables, Sooyoung asked after a while of silence, "Key, what's on your mind these few days? You seem really distracted." Key scowled as if he was thinking about the thing that was disturbing him. "Just a... minor thing. Don't worry." Then he smiled at Sooyoung. Sooyoung smiled back at him.

Then they reached SNSD's table. Sooyoung put down her tray. "Well, see you later. Remember our date okay?", Key reminded. "Do you think I'll forget about that?", Sooyoung snorted. "Well. I was afraid that you would straight away get distracted by food and run off.", Key said thoughtfully. "Very thoughtful of you.", Sooyoung said with mocking politeness. Key just smiled and walked off to SHINee's table where the rest were waiting for him.

Sooyoung shook her head and smiled. Then she turned her attention to the food. She smiled even wider.


She was halfway through her meal when she heard yelling not far from her. She turned around while saying, "What the heck is going on?" The girls who were with her at the table shrugged. "And where is Yoona and Yuri?", Sunny asked, "They have been gone for about twenty minutes," Sooyoung felt her blood run cold when she took in the commotion. "Sunny? Your answer to your question?", she said, feeling faint. "Yes?", Sunny said, "Is right there." Everyone turned their heads to where Sooyoung was pointing and gasped.

No one said a word. They stared at the two girls who were quarelling. "Im-impossible!", Taeyeon blurted out. Everyone nodded their heads. But there it was. Yoona and Yuri quarelling. "Oh gods...", Sooyoung muttered. She stood up instantly and ran towards the two girls. Taeyeon and the rest follwed suit.

When Sooyoung got there, there were lots of people gathering around to see the quarrel. Sometimes, Sooyoung really hated peopl. Can't they just mind their own business? Sooyoung pushed her way through the students and ran intothe middle where Yoona and Yuri were standing. Their quarrel was really heated. Sooyoung saw the situation and she knew they were really close to getting into a fight.

Yoona had tears streaming down her cheeks and Yuri was close to tears. And, they were in the middle of shouting and screaming at each other.

"Why did you take my diary?", Yuri asked angrily. "I didn't! I swear I didn't!", Yoona yelled at her fiercely. Then Yuri shouted back, "Then why was it found in your locker?" "Oh my god I don't know!!! I was framed Yuri! Why will you not believe me?!", Yoona shouted as more tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Stop it you two! What happened?", Taeyeon ordered angrily as she stepped beside Yuri. The girls fanned out between them. Sooyoung took Yoona's hands but she flung them away. Yoona's nostrils flared and she said, "Unnie, Yuri keeps saying I took her diary. But I honest to goodness didn't!" "Yeah right! Go on lying Yoona!", Yuri sneered.

"I honestly didn't take them!", Yoona said, obviously very angry now. "Then who took them? A ghost? Obviously you were the only one around in the classroom!", Yuri said, daring Yoona to defy that. Yoona looked a cross between sad and angry and confused. She muttered, 'No. I didn't take it..." Yuri turned to Taeyeon and said, "You see Taeyeon? She's a liar."

Yuri turned to Yoona who was a loss of words to say. "I can't believe you will do that to me, Yoona. You were my best friend!", Yuri said bitterly. Yoona just bit her lip continued crying. Sooyoung was really sorry for Yoona. Yuri had been razing her pretty hard. Sooyoung knew that Yoona was telling the truth. Yoona looked at Sooyoung and looked down again.

Sooyoung stepped in and hooked her arm through Yoona's. She then tried to say as reasonably as possible, "Yuri. Why don't you give Yoona a chance?" "Why should I?", Yuri retorted angrily. "If she is really your best friend, you should forgive her, Yuri!", Sooyoung reasoned. Suddenly, Yoona looked up. Her eyes were puffy from crying. She then said plainly, "Maybe I'm not your friend." Everyone stared at her.

"Sorry, Yuri. I just can't understand you.", Yoona paused again. Then she continued, "I wish I had never met you." Sooyoung losened her grip on Yoona. "What did just say...", Sooyoung muttered in shock. Even Yuri looked shocked.

Just then, Taemin ran towards the crowd hurriedly. The moment he reached Yoona's side, he said breathlessly, "Yoona... What... Happened..." Then he spotted Yoona's tear wet face. "Oh gods...", he muttered, "Are you okay?" 

Without even saying anything, Yoona pulled Taemin by the hand and ran out of the circle. Sooyoung started to walk to call Yoona back but Taeyeon gripped her arm and looked at her. her message was clear enough: Let her think.

The crowd dispersed leaving the girls behind. Yuri looked ready to cry. "I did-n't... didn't know th-that she would react li-like that...", she whimpered. Seohyun gave her a hug. Taeyeon chided, "See now, Yuri! You've hurt Yoona too much. Now you've hurt yourself." Sooyoung sighed and whispered into Taeyeon's ear, "I think we're done for today. Can we ask Mrs Jeong to cancel all our schedules? We need a lot of home time now." Taeyeon said as she nodded her head, "Good point Sooyoung." 

Then Taeyeon asked Hyoyeon, "Hyo, can you call Mrs Jeong to cancel all our scheules?" Luckily, Hyoyeon understood and whipped out her mobile phone to call Mrs Jeong. Yuri fell to the ground and hugged herself, looking really pale now. Then, Minho came running into the scene and stooped down to hug Yuri. The moment Yuri felt minho's hug, she started crying and whimpering.

"Calm down, Yuri...", Minho said softly while patting her back. Yuri continued crying into Minho's chest. They left the couple and sat back at the lunch table for an emergency meeting. Taeyeon said worriedly, "This kind of thing does not just happen. Yoona and Yuri have been best friends since forever. All of us know that." They nodded their heads in agreement. Then Seohyun spoke seriously, "I believe Yoona. She did not take Yuri's diary. I believe someone framed her." "I think so too. But who?", Sooyoung asked. Everybody fell silent.

"It must be someone from this group... Because no one outside us, knows about Yuri having a diary...", Sunny said carefully, because she knew she was treading on sensitive grounds. The whole group seemed to be thinking about the same thing - a betrayal.

Sooyoung remembered Tiffany's weird words: I have the perfect plan... Sooyoung suddenly felt hard to breathe. Just then, Tiffany came crashing into their table. Hyoyeon stood up so fast she almost spilled her drink. "Tiffany! Where have you been for so long?", she demanded. Tiffany looked a little too happy, as if she just accomplished something great. Sooyoung's eyes fell on a piece of paper Tiffany was holding. Four numbers were scribbled on it. Sooyoung couldn't see what the numbers were but it was clear enough that they were numbers for a locker code. Sooyoung glared at Tiffany. She still dared to look so happy.

Tiffany said nonchalantly, "To the library."  Sooyoung knew it was a lie but the rest seemed to buy it. Tiffany sat down and asked with fake concern, 'What happened?" Taeyeon explained everything to her but Tiffany acted as if Taeyeon was a dirty dishcloth and she didn't even seem to be paying attention. "Fany! Are you even listening?", Taeyon asked. Tiffany just nodded her head and said, "Oh. That's bad." And she continued picking her fingernails as if the whole group didn't exist. Sooyoung exchanged glances with Seohyun who was sitting beside her.

Something was definitely wrong. And Sooyoung was going to give Tiffany a piece of her mind when they get back to the dorm.


Okay! This chapter's donee. Next chapter will have the SooKey date of course! And there will be YoonTaem. Thanks for reading! Please comment and subscribe! Thank you~