Chapter 17

Love Bites

---Onew's POV---

Seeing Jonghyun and Jessica sleeping so soundly on the sofa was cute, yet it also felt awkward, and yes, it reminded him of his current status with Taeyeon. He wondered when he could find a nice time with Taeyen, preferably alone. But being a leader was tiring. Not that he didn't like it, it was okay but it took up a lot of time. Making it hard to talk about other stuff like love. Being a normal idol was hard enough, having schedules everyday, plus being a leader meant having extra meetings with Lee Soo Man. And the rule against dating in the company... It sounded like a death sentence. He didn't know how all of them were going to survive.

Whatever, he needed to sleep first. Onew walked back into his room for his nap. Along the way, he spotted Key staring at the couple sleeping on the sofa. His face was a mask. Onew even thought that he had a little displeasure on his face. He walked up to Key and hissed, "Ya! Kibum! Do you want Jjong to catch you staring at him and Jessica?" He quickly woke up from his trance and gave Onew a small smile. "Nothing.", he said, and he walked away.

Onew stood at the same spot and watched Key as he disappeared into his room. He was getting worried for that boy. He had been acting strangely since they came back to the dorm, like he was on another dimension. He tried to water down the nagging suspicion - Key still liked Jessica. He thought they broke up years ago. They were on friendly terms now. Then why had he moved on to Sooyoung?

He just sighed and went into his room to sleep. Enough drama for one day.


The later of the day passed normally. Taemin and Minho busy playing the Xbox, Key squabbling with Jonghyun and yeah, Jessica went back to SNSD's dorm. He only hoped that Taeyeon didn't kill Jessica. But later when he messaged Taeyeon, she assured him that Jessica was still alive and kicking and she didn't even scold Jessica.

Soon, evening time came and everybody became hungry. "Hyungs! I'm hungry!", Taemin complained. "Yeah! Me too!", Key said. "Who's going to buy food?", Jonghyun asked impatiently as he jumped up and down the living room. Then Minho said, "Onew hyung. You go buy." "Yeah!", the rest chimed. "Why me?", Onew protested. "You can go buy your chicken. We won't mind.", Key offered. "Okay I'm going."


Onew didn't know whether he regreted or loved his choice later on. Well, first thing was that the weather was pretty cold. Fortunately, he was wearing a jacket when he left the house. Second thing, he met Taeyeon along the way to the coffee shop. Yeah.

The sky was a clear blue and the sunset was just about to set in, the orange-gold rays streaking across the sky. The air was so cold and crisp and fresh, his lungs hurt from breathing all the air. Then along the pathway after he bought the boys' dinner, he bummed into a girl.

The girl was busy counting the things in a plastic bag because she was muttering numbers under her breath. "Oh sorry. Are you okay?", Onew asked as the girl stumbled a little to the side. Then the girl turned around to look at him as she said, "Its okay."

Onew held his breath when he registered the girl standing in front of him. "Taeyeon.", he said numbly. She grinned at him and replied, "Perfect timing as usual, Onew." "Yeah... Real perfect timing.", he mumbled as he shifted his foot uncomfortably. He didn't expect to find Taeyeon here, at the sidewalk.

Taeyeon then asked him a question while she turned back to the plastic bags she was holding and continued checking, "What are you doing out here?" Onew raised his bag of food and said, "Buying food for the boy. What else." "Oh." "What are you doing here? I thought you are usually at the dorm at this time?" "Well, I came out to get the members some food and... they wanted me to buy some other stuff. Yeah."

Onew nodded his head. "You going back to the dorm after finishing whatever you're doing?", he asked. "Yeah.", came the reply. "I'll walk back with you then.", Onew said. Honestly, his heart was beating wildly and he thought to himself after he said that: Dude, are you mad? Which summed up his life.

Taeyeon hesitated for a while. Then she said, "Okay." Phew, Onew thought to himself. After waiting for a while, Taeyeon straightened her back and turned to face Onew. She smiled and said, "Okay. Let's go."

They walked side by side in silence for a while. Onew could hardly believe it. His chance was here. Taeyeon started talking first.

"Onew, you know when is the next meeting?"

"Yeah. Next Wednesday."

"Haish... Another boring meeting."

"But its worth it. We get to know the information first. Then we can scare the members."

"You have an evil mind for a leader."

"Thank you."

Onew grinned at Taeyeon. She smiled back and continued walking. "You know," she said as they walked, "If you have anything on your mind you should come clean with it." Onew looked at Taeyeon. Did she know that he liked her? He must have a totally questioning look on her face because Taeyeon laughed, "You know it isn't good for you to be keeping so many things. I can understand too." "Why?" "We're both leaders."

Onew then realised that Taeyeon was shivering. "Are you cold?", he asked. Taeyeon started to reply but he grabbed her hand and it felt really cold. "Gosh.", he muttered and stared at Taeyeon. "Don't say you're not cold." Taeyeon opened in protest but she apparently changed her thoughts so she closed and nodded her head. She said, "I didn't know it would be so cold today..."

He rubbed her hands and said, "You should also have the sense to bring your  jacket huh." Taeyeon managed a meek smile. He took off his jacket and handed it to her. The cold wind instantly bit ino his skin.

"Here. Wear it."

"No thanks. It-its yours."

"Just wear it."

"Are you sure? The wind is pretty cold."

"I'm okay with it. Anyway, since you said that the wind is cold yourself, wear it."

Taeyeon hesitated and then took the jacket. She said quietly, "Thanks." and wore it over. Onew bent to pick up the shopping bags Taeyeon put on the floor. He asked as he handed over the bagd to Taeyeon, "Warmer now?" "Yeah.", Taeyeon answered as she reached out to take the bags. 

When their hands touched, they looked up and stared into each other's eyes. Onew felt as if that rabbit was hopping up and down in his heart again. Taeyeon's warm eyes were so mesmerising. He finally saw another side of Taeyeon. A soft side of her strong image. A cheerful person who wanted love. She was loved by her family and most importantly the girls but she wanted to someone to love her seriously. Onew wanted to be that person.

After staring for a while, they both said as if they had been thinking a lot about it at the same time, "I like you."

It struck a tuning chord in his heart. Unexpectedly, he got Taeyeon saying indignantly, "Hey! Why didn't you tell me that before?!" "What? I was scared of telling you.", Onew said stupidly. Taeyeon facepalmed and muttered, "Nevermind."

"I mean are you serious?", Taeyeon asked. "Yeah. Very.", Onew replied.

"So do you want me to be your girlfriend?", she asked casually, as if she just asked, "Do you want to drink coke?"

"What?"

"Do you want me, to be your girlfriend?"

I just stared at her. Did she just ask me something that I've been dreaming of for the past one year? "Oh goodness Onew! Are you always that dumb?", Taeyeon said angrily, trying hard not to laugh. 

"Of course! I'd want you to be my girlfriend.", I said quickly, overcoming my shock. Then I gave her my best cheeky grin. The next thing I knew she stepped forward and gave me a bear hug. After a while, I said, "Er... Taeyeon-ah, if you continue hugging me I think will stop breathing." Then she let go of me. "Fine.", she said with the happiest smile I've ever seen. 

I took her hand and held it as we walked down the street back to the dorms. We swung our joined hands happily as we walked and grinned at each other. I didn't know when was the last time I felt so happy.


The girl bit bcak her tears and jealously as she saw the couple walk down the street holding hands. She'd always trusted Onew. They'd always been very good friends. Onew was a good guy. She liked him and she wanted him to like her back. But now, Taeyeon stole him. Taeyeon had been undoubtedly her good friend and mentor over the past few years. But now... She hated her. Hated evryone that supported Taeyeon.

Her mobile phoe rang. She wiped away the tears that were on her cheek and picked up the phone. "Hello?", she said in a quaky voice. "Hello? Tiffany!", another voice said through the other end, "Where are you? Are you okay? Why is your voice shaking?" She took in a deep breath and calmed herself down. "Unnie I'm okay. I'm outside. I'll be right back. Bye." She hung up even before the other person could reply. She wanted Onew. But how?...

Just then, a voice whispered, "Pssssss." She turned around and said, "Who's there?" A girl popped out from behind one of the trees and smiled at Tiffany. Tiffany said, sort of relieved, "Luna! What are you doing here? Your dorm is not around here." Luna brushed a strand of hair behind her ear and said as she leaned againt a tree trunk, "I'm here to make a deal with you." "What kind of deal?", Tiffany asked suspiciously. "Oh! A deal that you would really like!', she laughed. Tiffany narrowed her eyes and hissed, "Get on with it!" 

"You and I like Onew right?"

"Yeah... Are you trying to fight with me?"

"Oh no! Of course! I would like to have him all for myself, but if you agree to our deal, I gurantee you - no one will be fighting for Onew with you."

"What's your deal?"

"Simple. You are to report all the important happenings in SNSD to me. Try to stir as much misunderstanding in the group but don't raise suspicionst that you're rebeling against them."

"Even if I do all these, what would it help with me getting Onew, if Taeyeon is still there butting around in everybody's business?"

Luna smiled wryly as if the idea amused her. "I would love to see SNSD being torn to sheds...", she mused. Tiffany gulped, "You're going to kill Taeyeon?" Luna just smiled at her. 

"You're asking me to betray the only proper family I ever had. In fact the best, the most caring, the-"

"Who cares! Including Taeyeon? Do you want her destroyed? Your so called group members didn't even help you with your problems! I know you hate them. Turn on them!"

Tiffany bit back a whole lot of tears. Her family... Her sisters... But suddenly her thoughts cleared. No. I hate Taeyeon. I hate SNSD. She looked at Luna with determination, "Okay. I'll agree to your deal." Luna smiled truimphantly. She then said, "Good." The she turned serious, "Tiffany there are some rules that you need to know." "What." "If you turn on us, your whole family will be in danger." "Whoa whoa wait. What do you mean by 'us'? you mean you're not not acting alone? And what's up with my family being danger?"

"The whole of f(x) is invovled in this, Tiffany. You're not allowed to let anything leak out to anybody. Otherwise, your dad will be in deep danger...", Luna said dangerously. Tiffany nodded seriously, "Okay."

"Good." Then Luna took out a metal bracelet from her pocket. She handed it to Tiffany, "Your communicating device between me and you." Tiffany took the barcelet and saw that it had shapes of lightning bolts on it. She put it on. Luna then explained, "The lightning is the symbol of our... group. Anybody who wears it on any piece of jewelery is on our side."

"But its only a lighting bolt. Thousand and one people can wear it." "Watch. This is how you distinguish." Luna flexed her index finger and Tiffany saw a silver ring with a lightning shaped diamond on it. She looked at her bracelet and saw a few identical diamond lightning bolts hanging from the metal chain. Luna lifted her finger into the sunlight. Of course, the diamond sparkled but more happened. The lightning glowed a warm orange bright enough for people who observe hard. It glowed for five seconds and it faded.

Luna beckoned Tiffany to try hers. Tiffany raised her bracelet into the the sunlight and sure enough the lightning bolts glowed. Tiffany smiled. Luna gave a nod and said, "See you, for now." And she walked off. 

Tiffany smiled coldly to herself and ran back to the dorm.

 

 


One thing for sure - more betrayals will come along. Next chapter, I'll write about SooKey. Spoiler alert: It'll not be as lovey dovey as the first moment. Sorry to disappoint you guys :( Ah. And to those Tiffany fans, I'm sorry about turning her bad. But I assure you, she'll turn back  good in the end. I hope you'll not hate me for that!!! 

Please comment and subscribe thanks! (Good luck to all of you in whatever you're doing! ^^)