Chapter 14

Love Bites

---SNSD---

Jessica laughed a little after seeing Key running down the stairs. The mother and son had lots of similarities. She then said a little to loudly as she shook her head, "To think I used to like him." "Oh really?", Jonghyun said as he turned to look at her. Jessica could not read Jonghyun's face at that point of time. Usually she could read his emotions pretty well. Now, he had an inquisitive look on his face, but he also looked a little surprised. Then he looked a little jealous and angry. "Uh-oh.", Jessica thought cautiously, "If he really likes me, he's gonna kill Kibum. No no no I can't ruin their friendship. Oh goodness. Damn my mouth. Why did I say that I liked Key in the first place?!"

Jessica got into sort of a dilemma and Jonghyun was still waiting for an answer. Suddenly, a brilliant idea popped into her head. She feignted slipping onto the floor. The moment she fell, pain instantly wired it's way through her whole body. She let out a strangled scream and her eyes teared up a little. Her arm was hurting like crazy. A bit of bad planning on that part. But, it efficiently got Jonghyun's attention.

Jonghyun stepped forward and helped her up slowly, with whimpering, gasping and blinking away tears. (Jessica was really ashamed of herself afterwards. SHE WAS THE ICE PRINCESS. NOT SOME WEAK GIRL.) After the trouble, Jonghyun asked, "You okay?" Jessica replied with a bright grin, "Yeah. Much better now.", ignoring the fact that her knee was still throbbing in pain. Then Jonghyun observed Jessica for a while and said with a grin, "Lier. You're hiding it!" Then Jessica gave her front away before even arguing back. She accidentally bent her legs too much up while shuffling her feet and she gasped in pain again and grabbed her knee. "Aha! Told you.", Jonghyun scoffed (in a rater cute way). Jessica shrugged and glared at him. Then she rolled her eyes and said, "Whatever." She then took a few steps forward and her knees didn't really hurt that much anymore. "Hey! Can you walk now?", Jonghyun called from behind.

Jessica turned behind and gave Jonghyun an impatient look.

"Yes I can walk, Mr Bling. If I can't, I wouldn't be 2 meters in front of you."

"Okay! Chill."

"Now hurry up. I don't want to have infections."

"Fine, Miss Ice Princess."

Jessica turned away trying to continue be mad at Jonghyun. The moment her back faced him, she smiled happily to herself.


 -15minutes later-

"Oh goodness Jessica. Can you stop tearing? Its only water on your wound.", Jonghyun complained as he patted Jessica's back. Still, Jessica could not stop crying/tearing up. After Jonghyun finished cleaning her elbow wound, it hurt A LOT. She tried keeping together her composure and she gave in eventually. Given her character, Jessica would never admit her weakness. But she honestly thought now, she wasn't as strong as she potrayed herself usually. Her body was weak and when she first debuted with SNSD, her emotions were going through a roller coaster ride. Then with the help of the members, she stopped having those changing emotions. Then, she decided. Being cold and icy was the way to cover her true feelings. It was only on the outside. Ke ke ke.

Jessica hiccuped amd sniffed as she tried to control her tears. Then Jonghyun helped her back into the kids' room. The moment she stepped into the middle of the room, she stopped crying instantly.

A first aid kit was placed in the middle of the room like magic. Jessica instantly burst out laughing. "Sheesh. Those kids!", Jonghyun said between laughs. Jessica yelled, "Jun Yeong! Jun Hwa! Come out now and let me whack you two!" Only the ceiling fan replied them by chopping happily.

"Uh...", Jonghyun said. Jessica turned around instantly and glared at him. "Yes?" "I don't think the kids are going to appear if you threaten them.", Jonghyun replied innocently. Jessica gave her best ice dagger look. Jonghyun mumbled, "Fine fine chill..."

Jessica then smirked and sat down on the floor, waiting for Jonghyun to do the bandaging.

"Well? Aren't you going to help me bandage the wound?"

"I thought you were going to do it yourself, Miss Jung."

"Well obviously not, Mr Kim."

Jonghyun sighed as he sat down on the floor and took out the stuff needed for bandaging. "Be careful. Don't jerk randomly.", Jessica told Jonghyun in a matter-of-factly way. "Okay.", Jonghyun said obediently as he bandaged Jessica's wound. She observed Jonghyun carefully while he was bandaging. He seemed to exude a caring feeling right then. Jessica smiled. It was totally possible that he could have liked her. Or maybe it was just her pro-active thinking.

"Okay done!", Jonghyun said truimphantly as he sat back up straight and packed back all the stuff he used. Then he looked up and smiled at Jessica. Jessica caught his look and ta-da! Gazing time started. Well, all jessica could say was that she felt she was literally going to melt. Then some kid had ruin the perfect moment.

"Hey! Jun Hwa! Looks like oppa is correct. They two do like each other!", a voice shouted cheekily from a corner of the room. Jessica and Jonghyun turned around and saw Jun Yeong and Jun Hwa grinning and peeking out from a pile of beanbag chairs. "Yah!", Jessica shouted across to them. Then, she winked at Jonghyun. Jonghyun got her message and started grinning crazily. Jessica continued, "Jonghyun oppa and I are going to give you two a present." "Huh? What present?", Jun Hwa asked innocently. Jun Yeong stared at them curiously. Then Jessica and Jonghyun dashed forward towards them and tried to tickle them. The kids screamed happily and then started running around the room with the two teenagers chasing after them.

It seemed like forever before they captured the kids. Jessica stooped down and carried the wriggling and sqealing Jun Yeong and put her on her bed. Jonghyun chased Jun Hwa all the way to his bed which was beside Jun Yeong's and then snatched him up and placed him on bed. Then the tickling maarthon started. The kids laughed and squealed as they tried to escape but Jonghyun and Jessica felt evil that day and continued tickling them mercilessly.

Finally, they both got tired and stopped tickling the children and collapsed onto a pile of bean bag seats beside the children's beds, panting and grinning at each other happily. "Unnie! You are very bad!", Jun Yeong whined while lying down on her bed. She kicked her legs up and her side to face them. "Aishh.", Jessica said as she slid her way to Jun Yeong's bed. She then rummaged the little girl's hair and smiled.

(Okay I'll skip to Jonghyun's POV now.)


Jonghyun's POV:

He smiled as he saw Jessica gently rubbing Jun Yeong's head. Ah... So beautiful. He found Jessica's side profile very pretty, plus her smile, super beautiful. Okay sorry getting off track.

Jonghyun didn't want Jessica to notice that he was staring her, so he got off the bean bag seat and walked over to Jun Hwa'a bed. He sat down beside the young boy who was lying on his back and staring outside of the windows, looking at the stars. "Hey, Jun Hwa.", Jonghyun said gently as he shook the boy's shoulders, "you okay?" Without moving his head, Jun Hwa said to Jonghyun in a quiet voice, "Jonghyun hyung... Can I ask you a question?"

"Hmm? Go ahead."

"Is love very great?"

-pause-

"Yeah... I suppose so. Many of the greatest acts were done out of love..."

"Then do you think a person should stick to the person he or she loves through everything?"

"Yeah."

"Including bad troubles?"

"Yup."

"Is love worth fighting for?"

"Yes."

Jun Hwa sat up instantly and looked at Jonghyun  with an excited look on his face and asked, "Do you like Jessica unnie?" Jonghyun started to protest but Jun Hwa pleaded with a lot of aegyo, "Please can you just tell me? Pleeeease?" Jonghyun sighed and relented. Kids these days... "Yeah. I like her.", Jonghyun muttered as he smoothed out the creases in Jun Hwa's blanket. "Oh.", Jun Hwa looked down and thought for a while. Then a question struck Jonghyun's mind.

"Jun Hwa-ah, why are you asking me these kind of questions? You're only quite young."

"Jun Ho taught us to think beyond what we learnt."

"Ahh... Okay, I see." Jonghyun was going to kill Jun Ho later.

"Jonghyun hyung, I think you should confess to Jessica noona soon."

"I know! I just can't find time."

"I think Jessica noona also likes you, you know."

"Hopefully...", Jonghyun mumbled.

"But anyways, you better hurry up. I need to warn you. I don't trust Jessica noona's sister and her group. I think they all each like someone from SHINee. You need to beware of Krystal."

When Jonghyun heard what Jun Hwa heard, he almost choked on his saliva. "What?! Krystal? f(x)? How do you know they're planning something?" Jun Hwa just shook his head solemnly and said, "Just listen to me. Krystal is going to take you away from Jessica. So hurry up and confess to Jessica before everyone-" Jun Hwa then looked very frightened.  Jonghyun instantly hugged and comforted the little boy. "Come on. Tell me what happened.", Jonghyun asked slowly. Jun Hwa just bit his lips and started trembling. "Okay okay I won't push it." Whatever this boy knew, it definitely wasn't nice.

Just then, Jun Yeong called in a chirpy voice, "Jun Hwa! It's time for bed." Jun Hwa instantly put on a sleepy face and yawned. But Jonghyun could clearly see that he was still trembling. Then Jonghyun turned to look at Jessica and Jun Yeong. Jessica smiled at him and he smiled back but then Jun Hwa's words shook him. He instantly turned to look at Jun Yeong. She was smiling sweetly but then Jonghyun realised for the first time that she was looking back and forth between Jonghyun and Jessica as if she was trying to take information from them and there was a scared light in her eyes.

Jun Hwa then said sleepily, "Jonghyun hyun and Jessica unnie, can you sing a song for us?" "Yeah! That would be great! Can you sing one song from SHINee and one song from SNSD?", Jun Yeong agreed and asked. Jessica and Jonghyun looked at each other. Jonghyun then waved his hand and beckoned Jessica over. Jessica glared at him but he glared back even harder. She rolled her eyes and then walked over.

"Sing what?", Jessica asked.

"I think we should sing Complete."

"Oh. I didn't know you knew the lyrics Jjong."

"Ha. I'm the vocal of SHINee. I have the right to remember any song.", Jonghyun said proudly.

"You don't get ahead of yourself!"

"Aww... Fine. Which SHINee song should we sing?"

"Romantic.", they both said together at once. Jonghyun grinned at Jessica.

"Okay. Let's go with that."

Jessica then turned towards the kids and said, "Okay we're going to sing Complete and Romantic." "Yippee! Our favourite songs!", Jun Hwa exclaimed cutely. "Yeah!", Jun Yeong chimed in. While Jonghyun and Jessica waited for the two children to settle down, they decided to sit back on the bean bag chairs. They were extremely soft and cool to sit in. Jonghyun almost asked Jun Hwa whether he could bring one back to SHINee's dorm.

Jessica whispered, "Hana, dul, se." And they started singing.

"Nun busin, geor gejeol gaduki...", Jessica sang first, then he sang.


After Jessica and him finished singing, they smiled at each other and Jonghyun said as he nodded, "Good Job." Then Jessica put her finger to her lips instantly and pointed to the children. Jonghyun looked over and realised that Jun Yeong and Jun Hwa had fallen asleep. They looked so peaceful and angelic, Jonghyun also wanted to fall asleep.

Jessica then walked quietly over to the kids' beds and put the blankets over them gently. Jonghyun watched in awe as he never knew that Sica could be this motherly. He cut himself out of the trance and hurried over to Jun Hwa'a bed to do the same. He unfolded the blanket which was at the foot of the bed and placed it gently over Jun Hwa. He then tucked Jun Hwa's arms under the woolen blanket. After he finished, he planted a kiss on Jun Hwa's forehead.

He then stood up and the lamp standing beside the bed, bathing the room in a yellow light. He turned around and found Jessica staring at him. "Hi Jessica. Wake up time. I am going to turn into an ice block if you keep staring at me.", Jonghyun joked around. Jessica burst into a series of hushed laughter and Jonghyun joined her.

After the laughing fit, Jonghyun steered Jessica towards the door and said, "Come on we should be leaving. Let the children sleep." Jessica nodded and walked out of the room. Jonghyun took one last look at Jun Hwa. "Beware of Krystal..." Argh. He kept remembering that. He then stepped out of the room and closed the door behind him.


-half an hour later-

Jonghyun and Jessica walked out of Jun Ho's house as Jun Ho shouted from the doorway while waving, "Take care! And thank you for putting my siblings to sleep! Bye!" "Bye!", Jessica and Jonghyun replied and Jun Ho closed the door of his house to rejoin the party.

The moment Jun Ho closed the door, Jonghyun and Jessica burst into laughter.

"Oh gods! Did you hear Key shout that just now?", Jonghyun said, gasping for air.

"Yeah! I know right! He was like, "We're not going home tonight! You can sleep on my bed! But don't touch my hair dyes!" ", Jessica laughed.

"Lol...", Jonghyun said as they both walked down the sidewalk in the cooling night breeze. The street lights illuminated the street with a golden hue and it was deserted except for a few passing cars. Well, because it was already 10.45pm, pretty late right? But the crazy people still wanted to stay on at Jun Ho's house. You get their idea. Only Jessica and him were the sensible ones that decided to return home.

"Ah... Such a romantic night.", Jessica said as she inhaled a deep breath of the crisp night air. Jonghyun thought as they walked: Maybe I should confess now. He looked around and saw no one else. Perfect.

He took in a deep breath and thought: I can do it. Hwaiting!

 

"Er Jessica?"

"Yeah? Jjong?"

"I need to tell you something."

"What thing?"

 

Okay, his heart was beating hard right now. He felt a lot more nervous than the time on the debut stage of SHINee. Maybe he should back out... No no no. He couldn't waste this chance.

"Yeah? Whats up?", Jessica asked one more time, looking directly at Jonghyun. Then he turned and faced Jessica and grasped her hands. "Er... Ever since I met you, well... you were very special to.. to me. I mean like I like you, a lot. And I'm j-just thinking..."

"Yeah? Continue?", Jessica grinned evily at Jonghyun.

"Can you be my girfriend?" Jonghyun bit his lips nervously and held his breath the moment he said that. After a few minutes of staring, Jonghyun started to lose hope. 'Okay what if she doesn't like me?', Jonghyun fretted internally. Then Jessica laughed happily and hugged Jonghyun. Jonghyun was so surpised he couldn't react in time.

"Yah! Kim Jong Hyun! I've been waiting for you to ask me this question for such a long time!"

"So... Is it a yes?"

"What do you think dummy?"

"Aw yeahhh!!!", Jonghyun yelled and hugged Jessica tightly and swung her around. The next thing Jessica did? She gave him direct kiss on the lips. And Jonghyun's mind started going through a meltdown. Jessica was just so unpredictable and Jonghyun loved her for that.

"Come on let's get back to the dorm.", Jonghyun said happily as he pulled Jessica's hand and they both ran down the pavement, laughing all the way.


---half an hour earlier, straight after Jonghyun and Jessica left the room---

Jun Hwa's POV:

I was awake the whole time. I heard them singing. It was amazing. They were so kind and caring. But I felt guilty, I did not deserve to be a sone or a shawol. I had failed them. I had tried hinting to Jonghyun hyung about what was going on but I stopped. I was scared appa, umma and big brother would get hurt. I wanted to cry and hide under my blanket forever but Jun Yeong yelled and pulled at me to get up. It was time for the video-talking again. I absolutely hated it.

"Anniyo! I don't want to get up!", I screeched as I kicked Jun Yeong. "Come on. You'd think I want to do this either? Its for our good...", Jun Yeong said as her voice quivered. She was right. For our good. I got up from my bed tiredly and walked over to the computer in our room.

The computer flickered to video mode just when Jun Yeong sat beside me in front of the camera. The scene in the video was dark. I could not see anything. It was the same as the first time. Then, a female voice spoke, "What information did you get today?" She did not say anything about who she was but I knew her voice too well. I hated her. I hated her members. They wanted to play some cruel trick on SNSD and SHINee. I wanted to punch the screen but I knew if I did something wrong, everyone would be in trouble.

Jun Yeong spoke in a timid voice, "Y-yes miss." "What?", the voice asked sharply.

"I-I found o-out the couples."

"Hurry up and say them! Don't play with my patience!", the voice said angrily.

"Soo-soo Young unnie a-and Key oppa. Yu-yuri un-un-unnie and Min-minho oppa. Tae-tae-taemin op-oppa and Yoo-yoona unnie!"

"The rest?"

"We don't know yet...", I replied, my voice sounding a little angry.

"Oh! The little boy is angry!", the voice laughed. Then she turned steely threateningly, "Jun Hwa, don't ever do what you did today. I will give another chance. If you do that again... you know what will happen!" Four other voices laughed at the back then the screen turned blank.

Jun Yeong turned and looked at me with tears flowing down her cheek. Nobody wanted this to happen. I yelled and jumped onto my bed, covered the blanket over my head. I yelled and cried, wishing that nothing ever happened. Everything was still fine...


Soooooooo, hi guys! Sorry for keeping you waiting! I was really busy with my homework :P Anyways, hoped this chapter made up the lost time. Things are just getting started... hahahahaha. XD You obviously know which group I'm refering to right? Sorry to those f(x) + SHINee OTP fans... Mianhae (Though still  I ship TaeLi)

Please please continue to subscribe and comment! Thank you! One last thing, just remember to continue to be awesome ;)