Chapter 23

Love Bites

---Yoona's POV---

Guilty. That was how she felt when she met Yuri in the toilet. Hmm a bit weird for a meeting but no matter.

Anyways, Taemin was taking her out today. Happy time! And, tomorrow new students were coming in. It was supposed to be a happy thing, but Yoona couldn't swallow down her bad gut feeling that something would happen. Now, lets get back to the date. Much better topic to talk on, if the boys hadn't tricked them, that is.

Yoona clutched on to Taemin's arm as they walked down the street. She only hoped that no one would notice them walking together. If word got out that they were dating... Well, let's just say its really, really bad.

After walking for a while, Yoona got a little miffed. "Taemin-ah." Taemin turned and looked at her and said, "Yes?" "Where are we going?" Yoona asked. Taemin replied cheerfully, "A secret." Yoona glared at him.

"Ah fine. We're going to a cafe."

"A cafe?"

"Yeah. Its a place where we like to hang out."

It took Yoona a few seconds to decipher what 'we' meant. Taemin meant SHINee. "Oh." 

"Its a really nice place. I'm sure you'll like it." Taemin said with a smile. Yoona looked at him suspiciously. He was acting a little too happy today. "Taemin? What are you exactly planning?" she asked. "Huh? Oh it's nothing. I'm taking you out right? Anyway, its a cafe, what's wrong with it? And I'm sure you're hungry." Yoona eyed Taemin again. Then she muttered, "Fine."

After a while of walking, they stopped in front of a shop with a cute sign. "Let me guess. Its here." Yoona said. Taemin nodded. He looked a little tense now. Then, he switched into a smile. Just as he was about to open the glass doors, a girl screamed, "Ahhh! Its Taemin!" Then a few other excited voices asked, "Where? Where?" "There!" 

Yoona's face paled and froze. Taemin squeezed her hand assuringly. Then the girl screamed, "Taemin oppa! Saranghaeyo!!!" Taemin quickly opened the glass door for Yoona to slip in before any of the girls noticed her. Unfortunately, it sort of failed. 

The girl then said questioningly, "Who's that girl?" Yoona got a shock and literally jumped into the cafe and hid behind a wall. She peeped out and saw Taemin smiling and waving at the girls, then he walked in. "Okay. Its fine now." he said quietly. Yoona sighed in relief. Oh my goodness, that was way too close.

"Did they take any photos?" Yoona asked nervously. Taemin face turned a little pale. "They did. But I'm not sure if they took... us. They took pictures of me mostly." Yoona bit her lip hard. .

"Yoona?"

"I-I'm okay. Just hope for the best now. Let's get on with our date. Please?"

"Okay."

Taemin took her hands and grinned. "Close your eyes. I'm going to show you something." "What?" Yoona said, feeling a little shocked. Taemin just gave a little laugh. "Listen to me. Close your eyes." Yoona did what Taemin said. Then Taemin held on to her hands as he led her to somewhere over the rainbow.

"Are we there yet?" Yoona asked in excitement. "Coming." came the reply. Taemin stopped Yoona and let go of her hands. Then she heard a door opening. Taemin put his hand on her back and pushed her forward gently. "Open your eyes." Yoona opened and she got the biggest surprise in her life, and the most colourful one.


---Yuri's POV---

It had been a great time so far. Minho had brought her to a cafe. Then into the most baeutifully decorated room she ever seen in her life. 

Yuri stood at the door way and gawked at the scene. Colourful balloons filled up the ceiling and were strewn randomly on the floor. Steamers zig-zagged across the ceiling. The room itself was the size of a master bedroom. It had a large glass window that let a lot of sunlight flow in. Beanbag chairs were placed along the walls. Girls Generation posters decorated the walls too.

After a while of silence, Yuri finally asked, "Minho, what's all these for?" "Someone's birthday. That person is a very special person in your life, Yuri." Minho replied. "Er... I'll go and buy some drinks." Then he slipped outside.

Yuri walked around the glass table and saw that pictures were pasted on the underside of the glass table. She spotted one with Yoona and her in it. Oh gods... Yoona... She felt totally guilty now, and sad. A tear fell from her face. Just then, the door opened. She wiped away her tears and turned, hoping to see Minho. Then, Yoona walked in.

Yoona stared at the ceiling for a moment in shock. Then she spotted her. Yuri gasped. If Yoona had anyway of looking more shocked than her state now, she sure did. Yoona walked nearer to Yuri, still in a daze.

They stared at each other. Yuri blinked, trying to hold her tears in. She could see Yoona was about to cry too. Her eyes suddenly trembled like water. Then they said at the same time, "I'm sorry." Yuri instantly ran forward and hugged Yoona. "Oh my god! I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have blamed you for taking my diary." Yuri sniffed.

Yoona hugged her back fiercely, "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have said those things." They hugged each other. Yuri was so happy, she almost felt that she could fly. Then, all of a sudden, all her tears that she'd been keeping flowed out. Yoona patted her back. She tried to say something too but she also started crying, but she was smiling like mad.


---Taemin's POV---

Leave the rest to fate. Interesting.

He shut the door quickly and walked out. He tried imagining what would happen. It was too scary, so he decided to find Minho instead.

He walked into the main dining area and spotted Minho sitting at one of the tables, tapping his fingers on the wooden table top. He went forward and sat down in the seat next to him. Minho instantly looked up from his handphone screen. "Hey." "Hey." Minho pushed a cup of iced latte towards Taemin. Taemin took it and took a sip.

They said nothing. Then Minho finally said, "Worried?" "You bet." Taemin replied between sips. "I really hope everything will go well. Its Yoona's birthday after all..." Minho nodded and agreed, "Yeah. Me too." Taemin then said, "Have you told Onew already?" "Of course! I even called Taeyeon already."

"How was her response?"

"She seemed pretty enthusiastic. She said she would come. So are the girls."

"Who else did you invite?"

"Oh er... Super Junior hyungs and... 2pm"

"So, did they accept the invitation?"

"Yeah. Leeteuk hyung agreed without hesitation. 2pm... Nickhyun and Wooyoung can't make it."

"Oh. That's sad. But nevermind."

Taemin swallowed as his eyes drifted over to the function room where Yoona and Yuri were. Minho followed his gaze. "You wanna go check on them?" Minho asked. "Okay."

They left their seats and walked towards the room. Taemin silently turned the door knob and wished for the best. He peeped into the room. When he saw what was happening, he could barely maintain his silence. He turned to look at Minho excitedly. They both hi-fived each other, grinning like mad people. "YES!", Taemin squealed in a hushed voiced.

"Let's call the rest in now."

"You bet!"


---Yoona's POV---

It was a really great feeling, as if a weight had been taken off her heart. So she was still hugging Yuri. She'd found her friend back.

Then suddenly, the door flew open and mass of people came flying in. She spotted Taeyeon holding a cake with lighted candles in her hands. Wait, a cake?

Then all if them cried, "Happy birthday Yoona!" Then they began to sing the birthday song. She gasped and she instantly started crying again. She was really touched. Of course! It was her birthday! Yuri squealed beside her and clasped her hands excitedly, "Oh! Happy birthday Yoona!"

Everyone gathered around her. Yoona put her hands onto her face. The girls formed a circle around her. Taeyeon grinned and passed the cake to Taemin. Taeyeon then said cheekily as she took off her party hat and wore it on for Yoona, " Blow your candles, girl. Don't come running to me later tonight and saying that we didn't celebrate your birthday!" Everyone laughed. 

Taemin smiled at Yoona and stepped into the middle of the circle and held out the cake for her to blow. She closed her eyes and made a wish first. I wish that everyone that I know will be safe and cherished forever. She opened her eyes and blew out the candles. 

Just then, Sunny shouted, "Hey! You two! Kiss!" "Yeah! Kiss!", Key exclaimed from the crowd. Everyone started chanting, "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" Yoona clamped her hand over and started giggling. Taemin blushed. They looked at each other and leaned forward. 

It was the happiest kiss of all time.


I have nothing to say for this chapter, except that it's totally sweet! What do you guys think? Please comment and subscribe! Saranghaeyo~