Chapter 13

Love Bites

---SHINee---

Jonghyun stared at Jessica, unsure of what to do. Worst of all? Jessica had this stony look on her face and it hadn't faded since she yelled his name. She hadn't answered his "Are you okay?" question either. Suddenly the temperature of the room seemed like it dropped ten degrees. Maybe it was because of the Ice Princess' presence.

Jonghyun shivered. He looked at Jessica in the eye. A wave of panic unintentionally surged through him. Oh gods... He always dreamt of being somewhere quiet with Jessica since he really liked her, and there she was, right in front him. The problem was that the look on Jessica's face told Jonghyun to run out of the room as fast as possible before Jessica started throwing her famous mental ice daggers but Jonghyun seemed stuck in his position. Jonghyun and Jessica continued looking at each other in silence, like predators stalking their prey.

Finally, Jessica spoke, "What are you doing here?" She then looked down at the floor quickly. Jonghyun opened his mouth to speak but his voice was stuck in his throat. He swallowed a bit of saliva then he found his voice. "Er... Jun Hwa dragged me here." Jessica looked up and stared at him, "Who?" "Jun Hwa, one of Jun Ho's siblings.", Jonghyun explained patiently. Jessica made a sour face. She then said, "I was pulled here by Jun Yeong. The moment I came inside this room, she and her brother disappeared." Jonghyun sighed and replied, "Looks like we got kidnapped by kids. That's stupid." Jessica cracked a smile. "Yeah. We should go find them." "And tickle them." "Yeah." They looked at each other and smiled. It felt so nice.

Suddenly, Jessica's phone slipped from her hand and landed on the floor. "Ah crap you.", she muttered under her breath. Jonghyun watched as she knelt down to pick up her phone. Just as she reached out for it, she yelped in pain and grabbed her right arm with her left. Jonghyun instantly rushed forward and kneeled beside Jessica. Before he could even do anything, Jessica said, "Jonghyun, it's nothing." She then tried to stand up but she fell down again and bit her lip hard. Jonghyun scolded gently, "Yeah right. You're obviously not fine. Come on let me check." He removed Jessica's left hand and saw that her right elbow was grazed and bleeding. Not serious, but when your skin starts bleeding, you ought to get worried.

Jonghyun mumbled, "Oh my goodness..." He almost fainted whe he saw the blood. He did not exactly like seeing blood. It creeped him out. Jonghyun then stood up and told Jessica, "We'll have to wash the wound first." Jessica's face turned pale when Jonghyun said "wash the wound". "Wash the wound?!" "Yeah." Jessica thought for a while and nodded her head slowly. Jonghyun helped Jessica up carefully, trying not to move her right arm. Then when Jessica finally stood up, Jonghyun held Jessica's left hand and led her out of the room. But the moment she took the first step, she yelped again. Jonghyun turned to Jessica. From the way Jessica limped, Jonghyun knew that her knee was probably also injured. "Is your knee injured also?" Jessica hesitated, then nodded her head and said, "Its not bleeding but... its still quite pain." Jonghyun sighed and said, "Put your arm around my neck." Jessica looked at him blankly and said, "What?"

"You heard me, miss. You're not gonna make it to to the bathroom without help.", Jonghyun said seriously. He looked carefully at Jessica.

After a while of staring/glaring, Jessica muttered something that Jonghyun made out as, "Fine, I'll go." then gibberish as the rest. Jessica slowly put her arm over Jonghyun's neck. Jonghyun held her hand that was hanging over his left shoulder. Without meaning to, they both looked at each other in the eye in the proccess. Jonghyun felt as though time had stopped. He thean realised that Jessica's eyes were not as cold as they seemed. In fact, they seemed to be pretty warm or to him 'sunny' was the word. He could feel Jessica's breath on his face, that was how close they were.

Finally, Jonghyun tore his gaze away and then managed a small smile, "Let's go." He then began carefully leading Jessica out of the room but he kept thinking about Jessica's expression in the last minute. He swore that she had looked a little disappointed when he looked away, but now she was actually smiling, only wincing once in a while.

They were out of the room, nearing the toilet, when Jonghyun heard lots of laughter coming from down the staircase. Somebody shouted, it sounded like Jun Ho, "Don't go up there! They're not there!" Apparently, whoever said it was a little late, because Kibum and the maknae came barreling up the stairs, grinning like mad people.

Jonghyun and Jessica froze in their footsteps. The other two stopped at the last step of the stairs and looked at the pair with surprise. (Mind you, their crazy grins were still intact, so they looked... well, funny. That was an understatement.) Key recovered from his statue trance first. He opened his mouth to shout something but Jonghyun shot him a murderous glare and put his finger to his lips. Key's surprised expression melted and he nodded his head seriously. Taemin looked a bit frightened but he still stood rooted to the ground. His eyes went wide in alarm. Oops. Looks like Jonghyun had to apoplogise to him later on.

Key walked over to Jonghyun's side calmly and said, "Jeez. So you've been up here the whole time?" Key looked carefully at Jonghyun then at Jessica. Then he saw Jessica's wound. "What happened?", he asked while raising an eyebrow. Jonghyun replied in a low voice, "I'll promise, I'll tell you the full story when we get back to the dorm." Then Taemin, who got over his shock, stumbled over hurriedly. Jonghyun looked at the maknae, then continued, "If any of this gets leaked out, to ANYBODY, except for us-" Taemin then complained, "Aww... Not even to Onew?" "Or So Nyeo Shi Dae?", Key chimed in.

This time, before Jonghyun said anything, Jessica hissed in a threatening voice, "NO. Don't tell THEM anything, especially Taeyeon. If she knows, Onew will know, and all of us will be-" She drew a line across her neck and glared at Key. "And don't think I don't know your own little relationships huh, Taemin? Key?", she smirked. Taemin's face grew pale and backed out until he reached the railing and he ran down the stairs for his life. Jonghyun had to smile a little. That boy was just so cute. Seriously? Its not the end of the world if Jessica knew your 'little secrets'. Wait. Okay. Actually, it was pretty bad.

Key's eye followed the maknae down the stairs. After Taemin disappeared from their view, Key turned back to Jonghyun and Jessica and gulped. He focused on Jonghyun, naturally. Nobody would really want to have eye contact with Jessica, well maybe except for Jonghyun. :P If Jonghyun wasn't wrong, he was sure that Key was already freaking out inside. He knew Key too well. Key shuffled his feet and kept looking back at the stairs as if he also wanted to run down the stairs for his dear life. "Er so... anything else?", Key questioned cautiously and slowly. Jonghyun simply said, "No, just make sure Taemin listens well to what I said. You know the consequence if this is leaked out..." Key nodded his head. "And please make sure for me Taemin isn't too freaked out. Otherwise I'll have to answer Onew why he is refusing to eat." Key cracked a little smile when he heard that. "Okay. I'll do that." He then ran down the stairs two steps at a time and vanished from Jonghyun's sight.

Below, the party was still going on, lots of laughter. But to Jonghyun, this party meant more than just playing and laughing. His main goal? Get to understand Jung Soo Yeon more.


I'm gonna keep the suspense. Imma bad person :P  Please comment and subscribe, but I don't think I deserve to get subscribers for now. I haven't been writing properly :((( So just keep the comments rolling! Bye Bye~