Chapter 4

Love Bites

---SHINee---

Onew kept wishing that he held Taeyeon longer. But he had no choice otherwise he would be in deep trouble. When he first met Taeyeon, she struck him as very strict. After a while, she became very friendly and cheerful. Then, he ended up liking her a lot. End of story. Until now, he still liked her. 

Onew and the other four boys were walking in the corridor leading to the assembly hall. The others were busy talking as if nothing happened. The two sides of the wall were lined with colorful lockers. Onew turned around, hoping to spot Taeyeon. Finally, he spotted her. Taeyeon was laughing while she talked to Tiffany, Jessica and Sunny. Tiffany grinned and asked Taeyeon a question. Taeyeon shook her head and the rest went "aw..." really loudly. Taeyeon skipped as she walked but she looked a bit nervous. She looked down on the floor as she walked in silence, leaving the rest to talk. She seemed to be thinking hard about something.

Onew wondered what she was thinking hard about. All he wanted to do was go up and comfort/hug Taeyeon... Sorry getting off track. He sighed and continued to walk. Suddenly, Taemin slipped up beside him. "Can you stop creeping up on people? I'm going to get a heart attack one day you know? I still haven't dealed with you yet for pushing me down the van.", Onew complained. "Okay! Sorry.", Taemin mumbled. Onew raised an eyebrow and looked at Taemin. He found it weird that Taemin was talking to him. He usually stuck to Minho.

"Do you want to ask me something?", Onew asked. Taemin hesitated. He then said,"Erm... Don't kill me but I need to ask, do you like Taeyeon?" Ah... Sometimes the maknae was smart at pin-pointing questions, especially personal ones. Onew looked down at the floor and said,"Yes. But why do you ask?" "Just asking...", Taemin mumbled. Then he asked again,"Then, why do you talk to Tiffany so much?" Onew thought about that. He thought that Tiffany was a good 'adviser' about how to do things and she was free to chat with. Even Taeyeon said so herself.

"Well, she's a good adviser~", Onew said. Then Taemin asked again,"Then do you like Tiffany?" Onew stared at Taemin as if he'd gone crazy. "Of course NO! And Taemin, you ask too many questions." "I heard that a lot of times before.", Taemin replied cheekily. "Fine. My turn to ask you questions. Do you like Yoona?", Onew asked abruptly and looked at Taemin. Taemin's face instantly turned red. "Ha! I knew it.", Onew laughed.  

Sooner than he expected, they came to the hall.

"Ready?", Taemin asked. Onew nodded and stepped into the hall.

The whole welcome ceremony was a blur. The principal's introduction speech, the whole cohort cheering when the principal introduced them, then came the part. "Students! Do you want SNSD and SHINee to perform?" *Massive cheering* "Let's invite them on stage first!" There was a lot of cheering. Onew didn't know what was going on until Key pulled his arm and yelled,"Onew! Wake up! We're going on stage! Hurry up!" Onew grinned and stood up and followed them. SNSD had already stood up and making their way up the stage. Yoona and Yuri were the first to reach the stage. They were holding hands and waving with their free hands. After them was Sooyoung and Jessica, then Seohyun and Hyoyeon, then Sunny and Taeyeon. Taeyeon was smiling happily as she and Sunny linked arms. Taeyeon was last when all of them lined up in a row. As for SHINee, Onew somehow ended in front of all of them and stood beside Taeyeon on stage. Onew thought: Oh goodness... He turned his to the left and caught the other four snickering. They probably set him up AGAIN.

Then, the principal turned to them. (By the way, the principal was a woman.) She had a kind twinkle in her eyes. She smiled as she asked,"My dears, which song would you like to sing? We've got both your debut songs. Or you'd want-" "Debut songs.", Taeyeon and Onew said together at the same time. Both of them blushed. The principal looked kind of surprised but she still said,"Okay then. SNSD will go on stage first." Then she said something to the roaring crowd. After that the curtains fell.

In backstage, SNSD was handed microphones and there was a lot of rush. Since SHINee was 2nd, they iddled around, checking the backstage out. Taemin and Minho were goofing around and almost knocked down a shelf if not for Jonghyun. Onew walked around not bothering about the members. He didn't want to be responsible if there was an accident. While he was taking a tour, he heard a lot of complaints from the girls. Sunny said to Taeyeon,"How are we going to dance with this skirt? What are we going to do for the kicking part?" "Just live with it.", Taeyeon answered plainly without looking at Sunny. Ah... That's why he liked Taeyeon. Responsible, cute and sometimes violent.

Just then, the principal appeared and told SNSD,"Take positions. You're on in one minute." All nine of them hurried on stage to their positions. But as Taeyeon walked past him, Onew told  her good luck. She froze for a second and continued walking without looking back. Just as Taeyeon took her place, the curtains swept open and the music started playing. The five boys rushed behind the wing curtain and watched the performance.

Onew watched with interest as Taeyeon sung the first line. Personally, he liked SNSD's debut song. The chereography was nice too. Soon the song reached the chorus.

 

"Saranghae neol ineukim idaero,

iyo watteon haemae immekeut.

Sesang soge seo babo keneun,

seulpeum ijen annyong.

 

Sowoneul ai su eomneun gil soge,

iyo wa bici nan cho chaga.

Onjikajirado, mam hae kading geolya.

Dasi mannan naeye segye~"

 

The performance ended in a flash and it was SHINee's turn. After SNSD said thank you to the students, they ran back into backstage. Taeyeon walked straight towards Onew and handed him her microphone. "Good luck.", she said as she smiled and then walked away towards her friends. Onew would've stood there the whole day but Jonghyun shouted at him to quickly go on stage. He ran to his position. Not a moment too soon. The song started. His mind went on auto-pilot. Bounce bounce keep bouncing, then bend down, move to the left... Then he moved in front and sang the second line and gave his winning smile. The whole school cohort screamed. Then he moved away. He wondered if it was coincidental that their debut song was about falling in love with noonas....

Soon, the performance ended and Onew was seated with the rest of the cohort. This time the whole place was quiet --- because the principal was annoucing the classes for the new cohort. Students hi-fived each other when they knew they were in the same class. Finally, it came to the groups' turn.

"Choi Sooyoung, 2D, Lee Soon-kyu, 2C, Kim Taeyeon, 2A, Kim Hyoyeon, 2B, Stephanie Hwang, 2C, Im Yoona, 2A, Kwon Yuri, 2A, Seo Juhyun, 2B, Jung Su Yeon, 2D. Kim Ki Bum, 2D, Lee Taemin, 2A, Choi Minho, 2A, Kim Jonghyun, 2D, Lee Jinki, 2A."

 

 

Finally!!! I spent a lot of time on this!!! Anyway, thank you for reading this! Please comment and subscribe! I'll be writing about SooKey in next chapter if you all don't comment anything! P.S. SNSD's I Got A Boy's dance is sooooo cool!