Chapter 12

Love Bites

---SNSD---

As Jessica told the rest, tonight was going to be interesting. "The first party we are invited to by the people in school.", she had told them. She wished she added "and the boys, hopefully are not coming." But even if she added them in, things still wouldn't change. Jonghyun would still be sitting beside her and her heart felt like it would burst any time. Her heart was like thumping wildly whenever she was in Jonghyun's presence and she found it stupid. She didn't even like Jonghyun. Wait. Did she? Okay stupid question. She obviously liked him. Argh. This is too complicated.

Jessica looked carefully at Jonghyun. He was laughing along with the Jun Ho. Suddenly he glimpsed at Jessica. When he realised that she was looking back at him, he turned away and continued talking as if nothing happened. That kind of thing happened a lot between Onew and Taeyeon nowadays. They kept eyeing each other like they were tigers stalking on each other. Which was really creepy. It happened during school too. Jessica turned and saw Sooyoung and Key sitting on a plush sofa and joking with each other. She turned the other side. Voila. Taemin and Yoona were playing the Just Dance game on the Xbox. They looked so happy together. Yoona accidentaly tangled her leg with Taemin's while dancing and they both fell down onto the white polished floor. "Sorry!", Yoona said as she tried to control her laughter. Taemin shook his head in a way that said, "It's okay." He stood up and pulled Yoona up and they continued dancing.

Jessica sighed and turned back around. She peered into the backyard and saw Yuri and Minho playing with Jun Ho's two pet dogs. They were poodles and their fur was chocolate brown. Their names were Choco and Chip. Really innovative of Jun Ho. So when he wanted to call both dogs, he just shouted, "Choco Chip!" Jessica wanted to add in 'cookie'. Yuri was patting Choco's head and laughing at Minho. He and Chip were playing tug-of-war over a bone toy. Minho kept saying, "Good boy. Give me the toy back now..." like a broken record. Suddenly Choco leapt out of Yuri's lap and snatched the toy out of Chip's mouth and padded back to Yuri. Minho and Choco stared at Chip with a pokerfaced look (if dogs can have a pokerfaced look, Jessica decided that Choco's expression was definitely the perfect example.) Yuri laughed again, this time falling down on the carpet grass ground behind her.

When Jessica saw all this happening, she wished that she could have a romantic time too, preferably with Jonghyun. She sighed miserably and looked at her watch, 8.00pm. She could be at home watching television right now. Sigh...

Jessica brushed her hand on the sofa she was sitting. It was draped with different 'animal' skin rugs and the floor was entirely covered with a shaggy carpet which had jaguar spots on it. The walls of the house were painted forest green. The whole place had a Jungle theme. The living room had a fake rain tree in the middle of a fountain where a couple of stone fishes were spewing out water. The sofas were spread out over the place in a roman style and the floor had a beige shaggy carpet. Overall planning of the house: there was a main living room (where Taemin and Yoona were happily dancing away), the visitors room (where Jessica was sitting in right now), the kitchen (where a lot of delicious food were being made), the backyard/garden (where the dogs were) and the dining room, the most beautiful place on the first level. The celing had a chandelier hanging from it. It had a 'river' flowing through the room and  then pooling outside in the garden like a pond. The dining table was carved with animal designs, lions chasing zebras, giraffes drinking from rivers. Then, different trees were placed in the room in strategic locations as if they were eating in a jungle. It was really amazing. As far as Jessica knew, Jun Ho's parents were nature lovers. Talking about his parents, they were absolutely friendly, not like those rich snobby people you would expect. They welcomed them into the house the moment they stepped into it.

Jessica stood up and walked out of the visitor's room. The reason: she just wanted to walk. Just when she reached the wooden staircase leading upstairs, Jun Ho's little sister raced down the stairs with a cute grim on her face. She asked, "Jessica unnie. Can you play with me?" Jessica looked at the little girl. She had her hair tied up in a ponytail and she was wearing a pink cotton dress. Jessica smiled and asked, "Jun Yeong, why do you want me to play with you?" Jun Yeong made a sour face and said, "Jun Ho doesn't want to play with me and Jun Hwa is a little busy." Jessica stared at the little girl. "Jun Hwa?", she asked. "He's my twin brother.", Jun Yeong replied plainly. "Can you please play with me? Please...", she pleaded. Jessica looked at the cute face and totally gave in.  She always had a weak spot for children. Jessica replied, "Okay! I'll play with you." "Yay!", Jun Yeong exclaimed happily and bounded up the stairs. Jessica had to run to catch up with Jun Yeong. Jun Yeong stopped at the second level and almost ran into a door. She skidded to a halt and opened the door. Jessica thought: that must be Jun Yeong and Jun Hwa's room. A cool blast of air-conditioning blew into her face.

The moment Jun Yeong stepped into the room, another five year old kid ran towards Jun Yeong. (This time a boy.) Jessica thought that he must be Jun Hwa. Jessica could see the similarities between the two kids. The eyes and the way they smiled were the same and the shape of their faces were the same. Jun Hwa crushed Jun Yeong with a big hug. (Aww so cute.) "Jun Yeong! Where were you all along?", the boy asked. Jun Yeong just replied with a smile on a face, "I just went downstairs to find somebody to play with me because, you refused to play with me." Jun Hwa made a sulky face and then he spotted Jessica. "Eonni! What is your name?", Jun Hwa asked innocently. "Er I'm Jessica.", Jessica answered as lightly as possible. She was really surprised that Jun Hwa would ask her that question. Kids usually don't ask so direct questions. Jun Hwa's face turned a little shocked then he squealed in surprise. He looked at Jun Yeong. "Did you call her because..." Jun Yeong instantly grinned and nodded her head. Then they both looked at Jessica. Jun Yeong observed Jessica with interest. Okay. Weirrd.

The two kids nodded at each other. Jun Yeong grabbed Jessica's hand and dragged her into the room. Jessica was so shocked, she almost tripped over her own foot. Jun Hwa giggled and closed the door behind them. The cool blast of air-conditioning blew into her face as she was escorted through a corridor leading to the room. Jessica felt pretty stupid being kidnapped by two children. Okay, not exactly kidnapped but it still felt awkward being escorted by two kids.

Suddenly, almost at the end of the corridor, the two kids let go of her hands and ran into the middle of their room (a.k.a children's wonderland). Before she even reached the room, she could see that the room was filled with different toys of all colours and sizes. There were even a mini slide and swing in a corner. Jessica stumbled (again) and almost crashed into a wall. But she still hit her foot against the wall pretty hard. Jessica winced in pain and glared at the wall. "Why do I have to keep on knocking onto you?" Fortunately, the wall did not answer her, otherwise it would be too weird for words. "Whatever...", she mumbled.

Jessica limped to the centre of the room. She walked around groggily. She looked around the room and took in the silence. Silence? Since when did kids become quiet? Jessica looked around the room and frowned. The kids seemed to have disappeared from the room. She glanced over to their beds. No sign of life there. She thought: Probably they're playing hide-and-seek with me.  

Suddenly, she spotted something moving behind a tall pile of soft toys at the other side of the room. "Aha! They must be hiding there!", Jessica thought to herself. She smirked and crept towards the pile of toys.

The moment Jessica was next to the pile, she got ready to say "Boo!". Then, as usual, something went wrong. Jessica accidentally stepped on a stray soft toy and she fell forward, straight onto the pile of toys. Before Jessica even had time to scream, she crashed through the toys and landed on her arm. Fortunately, the scattered toys provided a somewhat soft landing for her, so she wasn't hurt much but the impact caused her to wince.

She landed with a loud thud. Jessica was sure that she had grazed her elbow. She shut her eyelids and bit her lips, wallowing down the pain before she sat up. Along the time she had fallen down, she was quite sure that she had heard somebody gasping and jumping up. Jessica opened her eyes and turned around. She said in an angry tone, "Jun Yeong! I'm going to-" Then she realised that the twins were not there. Instead, someone was there, looking at her with caring and nervous eyes. Jessica had to bite back a scream. She felt butterflies in her stomach and her heart seemed like it wanted to jump higher than normal. Only one person could make her, the ice princess, feel like that. The two people stood at different positions, observing each other. Finally, the person exclaimed, "Oh my goodness! Are you alright?"

Jessica couldn't hold it in anymore. So she screamed, half angrily, half excited.

"Kim Jong Hyun!"


So... Here's the 12th chapter! I'm gonna keep you all in suspense XD. So wait for my next chapter! Thank you to all my subscribers! I always feel encouraged to write better when people subscribe. Please subscribe and comment! Thank you! :) - Natalie