Chapter 5

Love Bites

---SNSD---

By the standard of a k-pop group that just debuted, Sooyoung decided that that day was the worst day since their debut. First, they had to keep other fellow students 'busy' just to not let them notice the little melodrama taking place behind them. Second, she got to be in the same class as Key. Wait. That was a good thing. They two had been branded as the trouble makers for the two groups, if not, being naggy and cleanliness freaks. The third thing was that they were in the principal's office now waiting for the principal.

Sooyoung wandered around the whole place looking for something interesting, leaving the rest at the main meeting place talking. She noticed just now that Taeyeon looked like she was either going to be sick or she was trying to swallow a gold ball when she heard that Onew was in the same class as her. Really. There was seriously something going on between them. Now the two of them were standing side by side awkwardly. Sooyoung never seen Taeyeon so uncomfortable before.

Sooyoung scanned the surroundings. The office floor was made of marble. The walls were lined with countless shelves of trophies and photos. The office itself was spacious. It could have easily been the size of a two bedroom flat or bigger. She continued looking at the photos on the wall. 

Then a flag of pink caught her attention. She turned towards the pink thing and saw the pinkness on a frame. Sooyoung hurried over to it. As she got closer to the photo, she realized that the photo was the official logo of SM Entertainment. She stopped in front of it and looked at other photos. There was one yellowed photograph that showed a girl and a boy smiling . The boy looked disturbingly famililiar. She moved on again and looked at another photo. She almost chocked when she realized who the people in the picture were. There was the girl who was in the previous picture but obviously much older now, about 20 years old. Beside her were two very famous people, TVXQ. Sooyoung concentrated again and finally found out who the girl was.

Then behind her, somebody said,"That boy looks like Lee Soo Man. That's creepy." Soo young spun around immediately and was face to face with a very handsome or cute smiling face. Sooyoung decided it as both. "Key! What are you doing here? Do all of you in SHINee have a talent in creeping up on people?", Sooyoung said angrily, but she couldn't hold her anger for long because Key smiled again. "Nah. Onew can't do it. He has his own condition..", Key said casually, still smiling while he looked at the pictures carefully. Sooyoung was puzzled. His own condition? "What do you mean by Onew has his own condition?", Sooyoung asked curiously. "You won't get it. Inside joke.", Key replied. Sooyoung rolled her eyes and also continued staring at the photos.

"I think you're right. The boy DOES look like Lee Soo Man. I think the girl is...", Sooyoung said. Then she and Key faced each other at the same time and said,"The principal!" Both of them began laughing. Key said,"Nah. It can't be her."

"But my dears, you both are exactly right. I am the girl in the picture."

Sooyoung and Key jumped up in shock and turned towards the sound. 

They turned and found themselves looking at the principal. The pricipal chuckled. Sooyoung wanted to greet the principal. But how should she do it? Hi? Good morning? The principal seemed to be able to read her mind. She said amiably,"Oh. Just call me Mrs Jeong."There was a question in her mind, but Key beat her to it. "Urm... Mrs Jeong?", Key asked slowly,"Then who's the boy in the photo?" Mrs Jeong chuckled again and replied,"Why? It's Lee Soo Man!" Both their jaws dropped. What? Their boss? Hey! That's a bit weird.

 
Sooyoung then said after her momentary shock,"And... How are you related to him?" "Ah... People always ask me that question. Well, I'm his cousin.", Mrs Jeong said. She must have seen the surprised look on their faces because she then added,"You two will get it soon. I have other things to talk to all of you. So come along now." With that, she turned around and walked towards the main area. Sooyoung and Key looked at each other and shrugged. They then followed Mrs Jeong closely.
 
At the main area, everybody were sitting down on the sofas and talking. The moment they saw Ms Jeong, they became quiet and stood up. Sooyoung and Key went to join their friends. "Where were you just now?", Yoona whispered. "I was looking around and I found some interesting stuff. Mrs Jeong can tell you more later.", Sooyoung replied. "Mrs Jeong? Who?", Yoona asked. All Sooyoung did was put her finger to her lips and looked in front.
 
Mrs Jeong had already taken her seat at the head table. She smiled and said,"You all can sit down. We have a lot to talk." After everyone had settled down, Mrs Jeong said,"Every one can address me as Mrs Jeong. The reason I asked you all here is because I needed to talk to you. As your friends Soo Young and Key found out, I am Lee Soo Man's cousin."  -Silence- Sooyoung looked to her right and saw Yoona and Yuri opening and closing their mouths like goldfish. The boys just looked shocked and dazed except for Key, who was swinging his feet while humming a song. Key suddenly looked up and grinned at her. She smiled back and turned around to face the front again. Mrs Jeong looked around and smiled. "I know it's a lot for you all to take in but I have another news for you all. While you all are at school for this year, Lee Soo Man has asked me to be your manager temporarily." Everybody cheered. Even Sooyoung smiled. It was great not to have so many managers. She didn't mean that her managers were bad, but with all of them, multi-tasking was hard even for her.
 
"Okay! I know you all are glad. Your first performance in public this year will be in Inkigayo. Tomorrow night."
 
"Aww!..."
 
"Any questions?"
 
"Who will be performing?", somebody asked from the back, probably Onew.
 
"Both of your groups. Hmm...Let's see. SHINee, you will be performing Amigo and Romantic.. SNSD, Begining and... Complete. Okay?"
 
Everybody nodded. Mrs Jeong looked up after looking through papers in a blue ring file. "One more thing before I release you all for your orientation. I know you all are celebrities and a lot of the students are your fans, but I need you all to know that you all try to be normal people. Make friends, although some of the students don't like you. They think that you all are proud but I think otherwise. Okay that's all. You can go for your orientation now. Oh yes! There's no schedule today so after orientation you all can go back to the dorms together or explore the surrounding area. That's all. Bye!"
 
Everyone thanked Mrs Jeong and left the office. "You know, Mrs Jeong's quite nice.", Yoona said to Sooyoung. Sooyoung nodded her head. Just then, Taeyeon shouted,"Kids! Go to the canteen now and then sit according to your class! The teachers are waiting for us already. Sooyoung thought: Okay... That's the third time she shouted today. Good improvement. After that, she hurried away with the others. 
 
 
Hi everyone! Completed this chapter! Yay! I'll still concentrate on SooKey in next chapter. Please comment and subscribe! Thanks!