Chapter 20

Love Bites

---SOoyoung's POV---

Sooyoung sighed. At least Yuri had cooled down now. And, Sooyoung didn't have any headaches, which was good. According to Taeyeon, Yoona didn't want to come back to SNSD's dorm until Yuri had apologised to her, which was kind of a bummer since Yoona was sort of the happy monkey in the dorm. But then Taeyeon assured the girls that the SHINee boys would be taking her in for the time being. It didn't exactly reassure Sooyoung. It made her think that Yoona would be up all night playing the Xbox with Taemin.

Sooyoung slumped on the sofa at the dorm. She stretched tiredly. Ahh so good to be home. Everything was okay now. Seohyun was doing homework, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon were blasting Beginning out and practicing the dance steps. The rest were either napping or doing their homework. They'd left Yuri alone in her room to reflect for a bit.

Then came Miss Fishy, if not Miss Annoying - Tiffany. She eyed everyone that walked past her suspiciously, as if they were going to pick her pockets. She hadn't spoken since Yuri and Yoona's accident and she didn't help by smirking once in a while. Sooyoung decided that something was very wrong with Tiffany. But now, she wasn't going to have Tiffany ruin her mood.

She checked the time on her mobile phone - 2.00. Great. She'd arranged to meet Key at 2.30 at the cafe. If she left now, she'd be on time. Sooyoung sprang to her feet and went to check herself in the mirror in the living room, where all the girls went to for last minute checks. She looked at herself carefully. She was wearing a grey blouse and a denim shorts. Simple but nice. She arranged her hair again, which was sticking out in weird places after lying down on the sofa.

Sooyong gave one last check and then walked towards the door. Sunny walked past and said, "Oh Sooyoung, you're going now now?" Sooyoung nodded her head and put on her flats. She stood up again adn then said loudly, "Bye girls! I'm going now!" The rest chorused, "Bye!" Taeyeon suddenly materialised beside her and whispered into her ear, "Be careful." Sooyoung locked eyes with Taeyeon and suddenly realised how scared the leader was. She didn't want another 'accident' to happen.

Sooyoung nodded her head seriously. Taeyon then gave her a bright smile and said, "Well, have a good time. But do remember to come back on time though..." Once a leader, always a leader. Sooyoung nodded and gave Taeyeon a smile. Then she walked out of the dorm.

A while later, she reached the spot where she was supposed to meet Key. She waited for a while then finally she caught sight of a someone waving at her. She squinted her eyes and gave a small giggle. Well, it was Key. He looked really cute.

Key was wearing his nerd spectacles, a plain white shirt and his favourite skinny jeans. Always looking awesome, as always.

"Hey! Ya! Kibum!", Sooyoung called out as Key neared her. He flashed her a grin and said, "What, miss?" She ignored him as she scanned him up and down. "What?", Key repeated, now sounding confused. He looked up and down his clothes. Sooyoung burst out into laughter, "You look really cute when you're confused!" Key rolled his eyes and glared at Sooyoung. "Thanks for making me worried.", he snorted. "You're welcome."

Key just rolled his eyes again. Then he said more enthusiatically, "So, where do you want to go?" He opened his arms around him, as if he were trying to show off non-existent things. "Let me guess. You want to go shopping again, do you?", Sooyoung asked. Key gave her a sheepish smile. "As expected...", Sooyoung muttered under her breath. Then she brightened a bit. "I know just the place where you would like." She took Key's hand and ran in the opposite direction down the street.


"Aish! I told you not to eat so fast!", Key complained as he glared at Sooyoung worriedly. (Interesting, the way he does it.) "Who asked you to drag me up and down the store? Now, well... I'm hungry.", Sooyoung retorted.

"Then who was it that dragged me to that shop?"

"Hey! Is that what I get back for bringing you to a place that you like?"

"I didn't say that I don't like it! I am just saying, why you like to eat so much?"

"Well, simple. I like it the way you like you and your fashion."

Key just sighed and shook his head. Sooyoung grinned. Nothing beats annoying people. They were sitting under the shade of a beach umbrella outside a french cafe after shopping. Well, that was pretty obvious.

Sooyoung inhaled a macaron one after another. "Mmm... These are really delicious.", Sooyoung said while munching. Key just smiled and took another of the treats. He took a bite and then asked, "How's Yuri and Yoona?" Sooyoung madea sour face and replied, "Not good. They just don't want to talk to one another until someone apologises."

"And you were saying you suspect that Tiffany framed Yoona?"

"Yep."

"That's..."

"Impossible?"

'Yeah. How can Tiffany betray one of her sisters unless..."

Sooyoung and Key exchanged glances with one another. "Unless somebody tricked her into doing it.", Sooyoung finished up. "But I know Tiffany. She's not somebody to get swayed easily.", Sooyoung added. "That means the person that convinced Tiffany to turn on SNSD knows her weakness. That's evil.", Key said thoughtfully. Sooyoung nodded her head uneasily. Then she said, "Who hates us so badly?" Sooyoung could swear that Key's face turned a shade paler when he heard that.

Sooyoung reached over and gripped Key's hands and asked, "Are you okay?" Key shook his head and said, "I'm fine." Sooyoung looked at him suspiciously. Her expression must have been either very funny or very fierce because Key burst out laughing. "I'm seriously fine, Sooyoung! Don't be so worried." Sooyoung managed a small smile and relaxed. But she couldn't shake off the feeling that Key knew a little about why Tiffany was acting so strangely...

A while later, Key said, "I need to go to the washroom." Sooyoung nodded. Key walked away towards the direction and Sooyoung turned back and continued eating.


---Key's POV---

He knew he couldn't keep hiding the truth forever. He needed to tell everyone, sooner or later. That he and Jessica used to date and, that f(x) was causing all the problems lately. But he couldn't bear to see the look on Jessica's face and everybody elses' when he broke the news. If he broke the news. Jessica would be the most affected, her dear little sister turning on her would be devastating for her. And the rest of them, they will not believe it either. Their most favourite hoobaes turning on them? It would happen when pigs could fly. But Key knew better.

Not that he still liked Jessica, he liked Sooyoung A LOT, but he was scared that if broke the news... Well... Jonghyun would be very very angry with him. Yeah and affecting their whole friendship. That's why he didn't tell the rest anything. Yet.

Key just shook his head and walked towards the toilet. Apparently, his day was about to get much worse.

"Key!", a girl's voice called. Key's face brightened. It must be Sooyoung. :he thought. He smiled brightly and turned around. His smile melted and turned into a scowl when he saw who the girl really was. He clenched his fists and said, trying to control his temper, "Amber."

The girl just smiled and flung her non-existent long hair back. "My my. Looks like you're not in a good mood. Because of your girlfriend?", Amber mused. "I told you not to look for me ever again.", Key said as he stared at Amber with his if-you-don't-go-away-I'll-bite-you look. But Amber just smiled as if a cute dog had just barked at her.

Amber took a step towards him. Key took a step backwards. "But I smply couldn't. After all, you know I like you." She blinked her eyes in a flattering way. Key didn't find that cute. Instead, he wanted to puke. "Dump that... that... Sooyoung. You'll have a better life with me.", Amber said in a pretty voice. There it was, the same sales pitch again. Key took another step back and sneered, "You know what? My life would be ten times better if you GET OUT OF MY WAY NOW."

Amber clucked her tongue in annoyance. She then dropped her cute act. She then said, "Well, then. Since you want to be clingy around that , I'll let you be." "Hey! Sooyoung's not a !", Key defended. "But remember what I said Key," Amber said, ignoring what he said. "Your life will get more... interesting. Anytime."

"So, you're going to take a knife and gut me?", Key snorted. "Brave words, dear.", Amber said plainly. She gave Key an evil stare then continued, "Oh yes! By the way, you'd heard about Yoona and Yuri already I suppose." She paused and looked at Key and smirked. She then said without much sympathy, "Poor things... You know, I would've done things a different way. But that was good enough."

It took Key a few moments to understnad what Amber said. He yelled at her angrily, "You plotted the whole thing?!" Amber shook her head, her smile still intact. "No no. It wasn't me. It was my friend.", Amber said. "Who is it then?!" Amber shook her head and smirked. "My my, so eager to know huh."

"Tell me! Or I'll spread to the whole world that f(x) is plotting something against SM.", Key warned dangerously. Amber's nostrils flared. Before Key could even register what was happening, Amber had backed him up against a wall and had a long pointy swiss-army knife pointed at his throat.

She got close to his face and hissed in a steely voice, "If you ever do that, I'll make sure you, and your friends will never see the light of another day. I'll start by revealing all your couples to Lee Soo Man, then the public." Key gulped, as much as he could with a knife at his neck. Amber warned one more time, "Remember what I said."

She withdrew the knife and slipped it back into her pocket. She walked back a few steps and laughed, "This is going to be so fun." Then she walked away, disappearing into the back alleys.

Key collapsed to the ground, hyperventilating. Gosh! That was scary! Just then, Sooyoung came running towards him. "Oh my god! Are you okay?", she knelt down and gave him a tight hug. "I saw that creepy girl put a knife at your throat! Who was that girl?", Sooyoung cried. Key shook his head. Then he gripped Sooyoung by the shoulders and said, "Sooyoung, promise me that you'll never, ever tell anyone whatever you saw today."

"Why?", Sooyoung asked, her eyes still as wide as saucers. Key just shook his head and said, "I swear I'll tell you everything sooner or later. Promise me!"

"Who's that girl?"

"I don't know! Just promise me!"

"Why? Tell me that first!"

Key shut his eyes tight and prayed hard that he wouldn't regret what he said. "Because, everyone that we know, everyone that we care for and love, will be in deep danger." Sooyoung just stared at him as if he'd just gone mad. "I'm serious.", Key said, trying to keep his composure. "Remember what I said."

He stared into Sooyoung's eyes, hoping that he would convey the correct message. Sooyoung bit her lip and thought for a while. Then she nodded her head seriously. He instantly gave Sooyoung a hug. He thought: Oh no... What have I dragged eveyone into...

 


Tada! I'm done. Hope it was awesome :P

Please comment and subscribe! And somebody please tell me the next couple for the next chapter... Thanks!