chapter nine

Just because I'm not Perfect

"Okay, heres the shopping list. Remember to tick EVERYTHING off the list before adding your own junk. Remember when you guys forgot to tick off the toilet paper?" Mrs Choi grimaced at the memory.

Dana and Zelo laughed. Their dad had taken a 'number two' without knowing that they were out of toilet paper and the only toilet paper left were the scraps left on the old rolls: 2 squares.

And the rest of the story? We'll leave that to your imagination.

Zelo nodded and took the list as well as some money off his mum while Dana wrapped a long scarf around her neck.

"Noona, it's not even that cold!" Zelo told his sister. Dana smiled "If you say so, dont expect me to share later if you get cold."

"Whatever" Zelo said confidently. "You kids hurry along before it gets dark." Mrs Choi said.

"Yes sir!" Dana and Zelo both Saluted.

Mrs Choi laughed while shaking her head. "Aigoo."

----------------

Dana laughed at Zelo as he tried his best to not look cold. "You know, if you tell me you were wrong and that I'm the best sister ever, I may consider sharing my loooooooong and waaaaarm scarf" Dana innocently said snuggling into the scarf.

Zelo looked tempted for a second but his pride took over. "No thanks. Not cold, at all."

"As you wish." Dana said pulling a pair of gloves out of her pocket.

Zelo pouted in jealousy and Dana shrugged helplessly at him.

After another five minutes of Zelo convincing himself he wasnt cold. Dana took off her scarf, "Gosh, It's getting hot isnt it?"

Zelo's eyes widened. Over here, he was freezing to death. And there she was not making full use of her scarf. Darn, him and his pride.

"I'd like to share but, you know, your not cold and all." Dana said looking to see a reaction. Suddenly Zelo grabbed the scarf off her."Sorrynoonaiwaswrongandyourthebestestsister."

"Wow." Was all that was able to come out of Danas mouth. Dana smiled at Zelo trying to wrap a scarf longer then his height around his neck. "Give me that." Zelo handed it over to his sister and she wrapped it around his neck twice and once around his mouth, to warm it up. "Sankss 'oona" Zelo said from behind the scarf.

---------------

"Toilet paper, check. Tea, check. Strawberries, check." Dana said ticking off the list.

"What?! Is that all? Usually mum gives a trolley full of things to buy, and she gave me quite a lot of money." Zelo said.

"Meh, more junk for us." Dana and Zelo grinned at eachother, "You go left, I go right. Meet at the counter in 2." They both sprinted in different directions to get all the junk they could in 2 minutes.

This was a game the two siblings played when they had extra cash from grocery shopping. The rules were simple, run around the shop and grab as much food as you can hold. 

And when they met at the counter, they sorted out what they both wanted, which was a lot, considering they both had similar taste in food.

Dana immediately went for the chocolates. But as soon as she got to the aisle she saw Haemi picking chocolates with her brother. Dana suddenly became self-concious and backed away. She didn't want Haemi teasing her at school.

 On her way to the counter she absentmindedly grabbed a big bag of chips, incase Zelo got suspicious.

Zelo's lips curled into a huge smile when he saw his sister but his smile faded when he saw what she was holding. "Salt and vinegar? Really? You know I hate that flavour."

Dana looked at the packet in her arms and her eyes enlargened. She felt so bad. Zelo was holding majority of her favourite foods and there she was holding his least favourite.

An image of young Zelo popped into her mind instantly.

FLASHBACK

Six year old Dana happy skipped into the room with a bag of salt and vinegar chips in her hand. She smiled and her fingers, Salt and vinegar were her absolute favourite.

Her younger brother ran out of the living room and hugged her. "Where did noona go?" 

Dana patted her younger brothers head and happy smiled, "I was playing with Yoomi!" 

Zelo nodded and his large curious eyes turned to the bag of chips Yoomi had bought her. "Can I have a chippy?" 

Dana thought about it and finally nodded, "But only one okay?" Zelo nodded happily. But as soon as Zelo consumed the chip he started to cough and choke. 

Dana ran to the kitchen and shakily grabbed his drink bottle from the fridge. When Zelo drank his water his coughing started to stop and Dana held Zelos hand as she led him to his room to get him some rest.

"I'm sorry Zelo, noona didn't know that you couldn't eat these chips." Dana said tucking him in.

Zelo smiled, "It's okay noona! I'm fine now aren't I?"

Dana nodded, "Go to sleep now okay?"

Zelo nodded and laid back, he fell asleep in an instant.

Dana softly grabbed his hand, "I promise I won't eat another salt and vinegar chip ever, just for you.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Dana found it hard to understand how she had managed to pick up that bag, when she had been spending most of her grocery shopping trips avoiding it.

"Zelo, I'm sorry! I didnt even know I took it!" She apoligised.

"Forget it" Zelo said disappointed.

He quickly paid for everything and held all the bags leaving Dana to walk out behind him guilty.

As they were walking home Dana started to feel chilly but was to afraid to ask Zelo for some of the scarf.

As soon as they arrived home, Zelo dropped the bags and went to his room.

Mrs. Choi came out of her room with tired eyes. "Where did Zelo go?" Dana looked up stairs to indicate he was in his room.

Mrs. Choi frowned. Zelo was always the one who enjoyed unpacking the bags.

Dana said goodnight to her mum and went upstairs. She knocked on Zelos door and when there was no response she left, only after whispering "I'm sorry."

--------------

Hey guys! That was a super bad chapter :/ But I garuntee you that the next chapter will be better. 

Hope you keep reading, and don't forget to comment and subscribe :)