chapter thirty-nine

Just because I'm not Perfect

"Oh my gosh Dana! You're 67 kilos!" Suzy cheered! 

Dana shook her head, "That's only one kilo less than what I usually weigh."

"So? One kilo means everything. Plus, its not healthy to lose heaps of weight at once, we're going to do this slowly, so the weight doesnt come running back to you." 

Dana nodded, "What's for lunch?"

"You just had half a chicken wrap!" Suzy said.

"You're kidding me, that was nothing. I'm starving." Dana complained.

Suzy shook her head, "Dinners at 6, theres only three hours to go." 

Dana's eyes widened, "Only three?! Are you crazy woman? I had breakfast at 9 and I've only had half a wrap since. This is so not fair!" Dana frowned.

Suzy gave Dana a look, "And can you please remind me what you had for breakfast?"

Dana contemplated, "I had.. toast with eggs and a few cherry tomatoes, orange juice..."

"Hmm, I don't think that's it, I remember 2 slices of toast, bacon, sausages... do you want me to keep going? because I can." Suzy smiled at her cousin.

Dana pouted, 'Fine, you win. You always do."

"Dana, that's not the point." 

Dana nodded, "I know."

"Fine, you can have the other half of the wrap." Suzy decided.

She went over to the fridge and was surprised to see that it wasnt there. "Are you sure you didn't eat the other half?"

Dana gave her a look, "Are you kidding me? If I did, I wouldn't be over here complaining."

Suzy thought for a second before sighing, "Zelo probably took it."

Dana took a deep breath, that brat was going to get it when she got her hands on him. 

"Look, lets go to subway and get you something small to eat." Suzy suggested.

"Do you realise subway is more than an hour away to walk?" Dana gawked.

"Exactly." Suzy smiled, "So subway or nah?"

"You're horrible." Dana shook her head.

<>

Instead of the more than and hour walk, Dana decided to take a shorter walk to the park. She and Suzy were laughing about a joke when she caught sight of infinite minus L in an icecream store. It had been about a week since she had last overheard L and Woohyun talking  and she hadn't spoken to anyone since. She had merely ignored them in class and avoided them in the hallways.

To be honest, she had missed them, alot. But she knew that she didn't mean anything to them, and they were just a bunch of nice blokes that felt sorry for the poor fat girl. 

"Hey, Dana, whats wrong?" Suzy asked.

"Nothing. Let's go." Dana continued walking.

Suzy glanced into the icecream shop and saw a group of boys laughing. "Are these the boys that hurt Dana?" With a frown on her face, she thought of a plan.

<>

Once they got home, Dana headed straight for her room. 

"Hey, I'm going out to buy tomatoes for dinner, someone ate them all this morning." Suzy tried to joke.

Dana didn't crack a smile, "Sorry."

"I'm just kidding. Go rest, I'll be back." Suzy smiled.

10 minutes later, Suzy arrived at the icecream shop the boys were in previously and was surprised yet glad they were still there. She ordered a lemon sorbet icecream and confidently went to sit in an empty seat on the boys table. A boy looked up with interest. "Hey." Suzy smiled. "Mind if I sit here?" The boy nodded but another boy spoke up, "No." 

Suzy pretended to look offended. "This is the usual seat I sit at"

The guy sighed, "Whatever."

"Oh right, aren't you guys like that Dana girls friends?" Suzy started.

A boy who looked slightly girly looked up, "Why are you suddenly asking about her?"

Suzy shrugged, "Curious."

The boy nodded, "Well, to answer your question, she is."

"Where is she by the way?" Suzy asked.

"I don't know. We keep trying to contact her, but she keeps ignoring us."

Suzy continued, "Oh, I don't inderstand why you guys even hang out with her. Shes fat and ugly. Ugh."

A boy who was previously quiet turned to her, "I don't know who you are but you have no right to talk about her like that. You don't even know her."

"I can tell what shes like by looking at her."

"Girls like you are disgusting. Always judging people by what they look like." The boy began to raise his voice.

"Woohyun, calm down." Another boy said.

"I bet you judged her too, so you have no right to judge me."

Woohyun was quiet, she was right. He was just like her. He had no right to sya anything. "I know. I wish I didn't though." 

That was all Suzy needed to know. Conveniently, the lady came with her icecream and Suzy stood up. "Thank you. See you guys around."

Suzy smiled, these boys weren't so bad after all.