chapter eight

Just because I'm not Perfect

Dana laughed at a joke Sungjong said as she was walking out of class. They were officially bestfriends, and that didn't seem to please Infinite too much.

 

"He seems so happy around her!" Sungyeol whined. "I want my old Sungjongiee back!"

 

Sunggyu laughed, "So you can of looking like a girl again? Please, if I was having as much fun as he looks like his having, I wouldn't go back to you guys in a million years."

 

"Just be happy he still talks to us. After all our teasing I thought he wouldnt talk to us." Hoya added.

 

Dongwoo pouted, "Why are we acting cold towards her? Can't we just hang out with them?"

 

Woohyun shook his head, "Not yet, we can't let her get too close to us. She might just be using Sungjong."

 

"Hyung please. If Sungjongs is THAT happy I doubt she is. Plus, she looks to innocent." Hoya said.

 

 Infinite nodded. Maybe they would try and give her a chance.

-------------------

Sungjong excused himself for a second to go to the restroom and Dana nodded and waited for him at a nearby bench.

 

As soon as Sungjong was out of sight, a bunch of girls walked up to her. Danas eyes widened, did someone besides Sungjong want to talk to her?

 

"Hello!" Dana waved.

 

The girls snickered. "Stop trying to act nice, it doesn't suit you."

 

Dana looked down, okay, so these girls werent trying to befriend her.

 

"Stop trying to get close to Sungjong, he's to good for you. I know they say opposites attract but I dont think thats the case for you." A girl named Sunmi scoffed.

 

Dana kept her head down and continued to stay quiet. She knew saying somethign would make things worse. And she knew that she had nothing to say. What they said was right, Sungjong was to good for her. He probably befriended her because he felt sorry for her.

 

"Yah, say something, you have a mouth for a reason." Another girl named Haemin teased. "Other than eating that is."

 

All her friends laughed.

 

"Haemin, stop it. Your embarassing yourself." Sungjong said coming out of the building.

 

"But, Sungjong! Look at her acting all innocent. Those types of girls are the most dangerous." Haemin reasoned.

 

"Please, take a look at yourself in the mirror and tell me who's the one tryign to act innocent." Sungjong said back.

 

"Aish! Lets just go Hamin" Sunmi said pulling her away.

 

As soon as he saw their retreating backs he ran to Dana. "Are you okay? Did they hurt you?"

 

Dana sat there with tears spilling down her cheeks. "Dana! Say something!" Sungjong insisted.

 

"Im fine, they didnt do anything" Dana softly replied.

 

Sungjong shook his head, he had heard everything, but her let her be to fight for herself. But after all those remarks he couldn't take it anymore.

 

Sungjong decided that he would let it drop for today but if anything happened again he wouldn't let it go."

 

Sungjong reached into his pocket and gave her a drink. "Here, drink this it will make you feel better."

 

Dana shook her head, Sungjong was always giving things to her. "You drink it. I'm not thirsty." She lied, in fact, was feeling dry with the crying.

 

Sungjong pulled out another drink from his pocket and showed it to her. "I have another one! I cant let it go to waste, drink it for me, pleaseeee?" Sungjong smiled cutely.

 

Dana couldn't push down her smile any longer and let it out. "Okay, I'll drink it for you!"

 

"By the way Dana, forget everything that the girls told you. I'm not too good for you, in fact I think that your too good for me."

 

Dana smiled at his atempt to make her feel better, even though it wasn't true, it did make her feel better.

 

Sungjong frowned, he knew that she thought he was joking. "I'm not joking Dana" he thought to himself

-----------------------------------

WOOO! thanks for reading :) Hope you enjoyed he chapter on the two bestfriends.

And do I smell Infinite warming up to her? :)

Also, feel free to comment anything other then "Update Soon" But if your happy with that, then its all good! :)