chapter one

Just because I'm not Perfect

 “NOOONAA! WAKE UP IT’S TIME FOR SCHOOL!” Dana’s younger brother Zelo called out.

Dana ignored him and turned her body cracking a few bones in the process. For some amazing reason every minute you slept in was equivalent to an hour, and Dana needed extra hours to make up for the loss of sleep she had reading a new book ‘The Summer I Turned Pretty.’ She immediately thought back to Conrad and Jerimiah and sighed, *How awesome would it be to have two cute guys around you all the ti-*
 

“GET UP NOW OR I’M GONNA EAT ALL OF YOUR FOOD!” Zelo called again breaking her thoughts. She groaned and got up, grabbing her uniform off her chair and heading to the bathroom like a zombie. On her way to the bathroom, she glanced at the clock and her eyes widened. "ZELOO! ITS ONLY 6:45!" Zelo laughed from the kitchen.

She quickly washed up and looked into the mirror. She didn’t bother to brush her hair and tied it into a messy bun instead. Before heading out of the bathroom she grabbed her pair of glasses and put it on smiling *Im ready for my first day of highschool!*
 

She headed downstairs and sat down rubbing her hands together happily. What did her mum prepare for her today? French toast with maple syrup and berries? Pancakes with icecream and whipped cream?
 

Danas eyes widened as a bowl of cereal with strawberries were placed infront of her. She looked up and saw Zelo smiling at her.
 

“B-but.. French toast..Pancakes..” she quickly looked over to her mum sipping a cup of tea. Her mother shrugged “You know the rules in the house Dana, first come first serve.”
 

“Sorry noona, I was very hungry.” Zelo smiled emphasizing on the ‘very’. She frowned and ate her food mumbling and frowning once in a while.
 

Once she was done, she got up to put her plate in the sink, at the same time Zelo was getting some water from the tap. “WOOAH! Noona! You practically cleaned the bowl! That looks like mum just washed it or something.”
 

Dana turned red “I was hungry okay?” She hated it when anyone about eating too much. She knew she had to tone down on what she was eating because of her increasing body size, but come on, you need food to survive right?
 

Zelo saw the look on his sisters face and immediately felt bad. “I’m sorry noona! I didn’t mean it like that.” He said nudging her. “I shouldn’t even be saying anything considering I ate all the lemon crepes with strawberry and chocolate.”

Danas eyes widened “CREPES? CHOCOLATE??” Zelo covered his mouth. “Woops.”

Dana glared at Zelo, “I’ll give you three seconds to run. Three” Zelo started to back away slowly.

“Two.” Zelo grabbed his bag off the chair. “One” Zelo ran to the door shoving his feet into his shoes without putting them on properly and ran off while grabbing his skateboard off the shoerack. “Bye mum! Bye noona!” He called poking his toungue out.

Dana ran as fast as she could to the door but as soon as she stepped out of the house Zelo was no where to be seen. “Why is he so fast? Or am I just too slow?"

She headed back to the table to grab her bag. Her mum looked up at her shaking her head "You shouldn't have given him those three extra seconds. You know how fast your brother is." Dana pouted "Yeah, I shouldn't have. I wouldn't have gotton him without the three second head start anyway."

Dana's mum stood up and walked over to her "Dana, what did I say about pouting." Dana stopped pouting and forced a smile. "I'm gonna head to school now so I can walk around and get used to everything before class."

Dana's mum nodded "Have fun today Dana."

Dana smiled, "I will."

_________________________________________________

Sorry for lack of happenings in this chapter, I'll make the next chapters more interesting :)