chapter forty

Just because I'm not Perfect

"DANA!" Suzy called as soon as she entered the house. She was excited to announce the news she had just aquired. Dana appeared at the top of the stair way with an apple, "Is dinner ready already?"

Suzy looked confused for a second but quickly recovered, "Umm no, but I've got good news!"

Dana pouted, at that moment she didn't know if anything would soound better than 'dinner', but nonetheless she nodded, "What is it?"

"Well, instead of going to buy tomatoes, I went to the icecream shop." Suzy smiled. Danas eyes widened, "So you bought icecream?!"

Suzy laughed and shook her head, "Not exactly.." Disappointment was evident on Danas face. "But! I bumped into your group of friends!" 

"Infinite??" Dana asked in shock. Suzy smiled triumphantly, she definitely had Danas attention now. "Yup."

"What did you say to them??" Dana began to walk down the stairs. "I told them mean things about you. Nasty things." Suzy replied.

Dana stared at her cousin in shock, wasn't her cousin on her side? Why was she trying to say mean things about her to the boys? Not that it mattered, they wouldn't like her either way. "Like what...?" Despite that, Dana still wanted to know what was said about her. 

"I told them you were fat and ugly, and asked why they even hung out with you in the first place." Suzy looked serious.

Danas heart sunk. It hurt to hear those words even though she knew it was true. She was really sick of those words, and hated that it could bring her down. Every. Single. Time. "You want to know what they did?"

Dana mentally laughed, they probably agreed, laughed, said even more bad things about her. The list was endless. She turned to go up the stairs.

"They stood up for you." Suzy called after her. Dana turned around confused, "They did..?" 

Suzy nodded with a smile, "Uh huh. One guy got really defensive. What was his name again..? Woo..h-"

"Woohyun." Dana said suddenly. Suzy nodded in recognition, "Yeah, thats the name. He was really pissed when I said that about you." 

Danas eyes softened, "Really?" Suzy nodded, "Really mad." Suzy could see Dana thinking about something and added, "You know what? Maybe you should give them a call. They seem to miss you."

Dana looked up, "You really think so?"

Suzy nodded, "What's there to lose?"

<>

Dana lay on her bed with her phone in her hand. She was staring at Sungjongs name and was contemplating whether or not she should call. With one last thought, she hit call. Two rings later Sungjong picked up the phone, "Hello?"

Dana took a deep breath, "Hi."

"Wait... is this Dana?!" Sungjong said in shock, causing Dana to laugh, "Yeah..."

"OH MY GOSH! GUYS ITS DANA!!" She could hear movements in the background and voices fighting over one another.

"QUIT SHOVING! IM TALKING TO HER!" Sungjong yelled.

Dana began to laugh even more. These guys were so funny. 

"Hey Dana, you reckon you could meet us at the park? I dont think this phone call is going to work.. these guys are being idiots." Sungjong spoke as if he was trying to keep the phone away from someone. "HEY! Talk for yourself!" She could hear Dongwoos voice.

"Sure, I'll be there soon." With that, the hung up with a big smile on her face.

<>

A big smile was evident on Dana's face when she arrived at the park. The boys were being as silly as ever, pushing eachother around, trying to go down the tiny slide. She missed this all. A lot.

Sungyeol was the first one to spot her, "IT"S DANA!" All the boys turned at the mention of her name. Their eyes widened when they saw her and they began to run over. Just as Dongwoo was about to give her a big hug, Woohyun called out, "STOP!" Dongwoo halted and turned around. 

"Don't jump on her, you animal." Woohyun said, "give the poor girl some space."

Dongwoo frowned, and muttered something before turning arooound and giving Dana a massive hug. "I missed you!" He gave a big smile. Woohyuns eyes widened and he shook his head.

Dana had finally said hi to all the boys, and they were now sitting on the grass. "It's been a while, hey?" Sungjong said.

Everyone nodded. "We missed you a lot Dana. We didn't know what was going on."

Dana kept her head down, "Sorry."

The boys shook their heads, "Don't be sorry, something must have happened for you to be like that. Well whatever it was lets forget it. At least you're here now!"

Dana smiled gratefully, she was glad the boys didn't try to dig deep into the situation. 

"So how's L?" She couldn't help but ask.

Woohyun shook his head, "Don't even mention that . He hasn't contacted us in ages."

"Probably too busy with Eunmi." Sunggyu shrugged. 

"Are they even together anymore?" Hoya asked.

"Probs is, or else he would've tried to get back with us." Sungyeol said.

"True." Sungjong agreed.

"Anyways, lets forget about him for now, its his life." Woohyun concluded.

The boys nodded, but Dana could help but think about him.

"Hey Dana, you okay? Dong woo asked worriedly. Dana smiled and nodded, "I'm fine!" She shook her head, why was she wasting her time thinking about L when she had great company?

"Hey guys, what do you think about going to watch a movie?" Dana suggested.

All the boys nodded enthusiastically, "I'm in!"

<>

Bad idea. Dana immediately thought when they arrived at the cinema. It was just her luck really, out of all the places he could have been, he was here.. with her, Eunmi. Holding hands and sharing a drink. The boys hadn't seemed to notice him yet, but for some odd reason, she could always spot him. Whenever she entered a room, anywhere. Her eyes would immediately look for him, it was out of habit. 

"Hey, isn't that L?" Sungjong pointed out. Dana looked up and pretended as if that was the first time she had seen him. 

"It is." Sunggyu confirmed.

"Should we ask him too join us?" Dongwoo suggested. Woohyun shook his head immediately, "No." 

"Why not?" Sungyeol asked. "We can screw up his date."

Hoya shook his head, "Let's just go guys. We need to get our tickets."

The boys attention was shifted off L and Eunmi and they headed off to the nearest Ticket box. Dana however could help but look back one last time. Just in time to witness L giving Eunmi a loving kiss on the lips. And just like that, all her hope was gone.