chapter twenty-seven

Just because I'm not Perfect

 

L nervously fiddled with his fingers, the teacher was walking around the room handing out the test results.

The teacher walked up to Dana and smiled approvingly, “100% Good job Dana, I knew you could do it.”

Dana smiled at her favourite teacher, she was always encouraging Dana, giving her extra work, and the work really did pay off. “Thanks miss Kang!” Miss Kang nodded with a smile.

L looked up and his hands started to tense as the teacher was walking closer. “Good job L, I’m impressed.”

L looked up and took the test paper from the teacher. He slowly flipped the booklet over and his eyes widened.

Dana was looking at L’s reaction and she didn’t know if it was a good or bad reaction.

She cautiously walked over. “L? Are you okay?”

L looked up and nodded, still in a state of shock.

Dana instantly felt bad, *What if he didn’t understand what I was reading this morning and felt too embarrassed to ask me to explain it? I even took his booklet. Dana you’re so stupid, you always try to help but it always ends up wrong.*

L raised an eyebrow at Dana who looked like she was in her own world. “Dana?”

Dana jumped a bit and looked up her mind still in a blur. “Yes?”

“Thanks.” L genuinely smiled.

Dana tilted her head in confusion. “For what?”

L smiled broadly and held up his test paper “For this!”

Dana looked at what L was holding and her eyes slowly widened “AAAAAAH!!! YOU GOT 87% WOOO!!” she looked like she had just won the lottery.

Every single student in the class was now staring at her as if she was a mad woman. Dana turned red and gave L back his paper. L laughed at Danas cute behaviour and smiled, “Thanks for broadcasting my score to the whole class.”

“Oh! I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to, I’m just really proud of you!” Dana said covering her big mouth.

L smiled, “Anyway, Thank you, for helping me this morning. I know you thought you were studying by yourself, but I was actually listening and taking down notes.”

Dana held in her laughter. “Er, I actually knew you were taking notes, didn’t you realise when I would slow down when you were massaging your hand? Anyway, who studies out loud anyway?”

L’s eyes widened, “You knew?!”

“You’re too obvious.” Dana laughed.

L softened, how could someone be so kind? He softly gazed at Dana, she was smiling brightly. He didn’t know why everyone thought she was ‘ugly’ and ‘fat.’ The only words he could think of for her were ‘beautiful’ ‘kind’ ‘giving’ ‘humble’ and much more.

Dana suddenly turned and the two were awkwardly staring at each other. L coughed, “Um, do you want to grab some ice cream after school? I’ll repay you for helping me this morning.”

Dana smiled brightly, “Call!”

------------------------------------------

Infinite who were watchingpouted in jealousy, “I want to eat ice-cream too!”

Sungyeol suddenly brightened. “Let’s join them then! Who said the ice-cream shop was theirs anyway?”

Sunggyu shook his head in disapproval, “We shouldn’t tag along, L already said he wanted to repay her for helping him”

“I wish she helped me, I would’ve gotten a much better score.” Sungjong said glancing at his test paper that read ‘56%’

Sungyeol shrugged, ‘Fine, if you guys don’t want to go I’ll go.”

“Me too!” Dongwoo added.

Sunggyu shook his head, “Fine, we’ll all go then. I don’t want you to be like a third wheel all on your own.”

Sunyeol smiled happily; glad he got his own way. He didn’t know why he suddenly wanted to tag along with the two to the ice-cream shop, but he just did.

-----------------------------------

Hahah! This chapters for the ones who wanted more Dana and L! I think thats three chapters in a row of Dana and L, but I jazzed it up with some infinite! 

hmmmmm... what's this nosey Sungyeol up to now? :)

Have a great day everyone, have fun, stay safe, peace out!