08 – The Girl Who is capable

The Girl Who...

 

“Your house is terribly small, my dear. Do you need me to get you a mansion instead?” The middle aged woman enters house, exclaiming as she frowns.

 

“Mum… Even though there only one floor, it’s almost the same as those with two. The living room is big enough for fifty people, and there are enough rooms for all my needs. Don’t worry about this.” The tall girl sighed, as she leads the woman to the armchair and allows her to sit down first, before sitting down at the sofa near the armchair. “Plus, it may be a little too big for just two people, excluding the nurse.”

 

“Just two people? Where are the maids, butlers and chefs that I hired for you?” The woman raised her eyebrows instantly, as she sits up right, staring at her daughter intensely.

 

“They are a useless bunch. I picked out the best from each group and sacked the rest.” The tall girl replied, leaning back and relaxing. “But I got a personal helper recently, around four months ago. So the rest aren’t needed anymore.”

 

“Sooyoung, my dear… Is that personal helper capable? I will find elites to help you if you need to.”

 

“Mum, I assure you that you won’t be able to find anyone more capable than her. You know me well, don’t you? She’s probably the only one that can withstand all my temper, mood swings and treatments.” Sooyoung replied, grinning when she notices a lean figure approaching them with a tray. “Dinner is in preparation, mum. Shall we have some tea or coffee first?”

 

“Tea, my dear.” The middle age woman seems less worried now, after hearing what her daughter had said. She never approved of her daughter, leaving home to live on her own. She’s worried that her daughter might not be able to adapt well and live well without her presence. Even after Sooyoung convinced her that everything would be alright, she decided to send half of the workers from their mansion to Sooyoung’s house. She came over this time, to check on her daughter, as well as the house that she’s living in.

 

“Madam, your tea.” The doe-eye girl places the cup of tea on the table gently, in front of the woman, and another cup in front of the tall girl.

 

“You must be the personal helper that Sooyoung is talking about… Let me talk a look at you.” The woman pulls the doe-eye girl closer, feeling her hands and looking at her face. She makes the girl turns one round and did all sorts of checks on the girl before letting out a sigh. “She’s really thin. Can she really handle everything well?”

 

“Mum, look at her face. Is there any difference since just now?” The tall girl grins as she points to the girl’s face.

 

“Mm… I don’t think so.”

 

“That’s the point. For four months, mum, I didn’t see any change in her expression before. No matter what I ask her to do or how I treat her, it remains the same and she accepts everything. What’s more, is that everything she does, she is extremely good at it.” Sooyoung said as she fiddles around with the letter cutter, which is originally on the coffee table. She could see that her mother still doubts about the girl’s ability but she decided not to say anything anymore. “Go and get the dining table ready. I want to eat in five minutes time.”

 

“Yes, Master.” The doe-eye girl bowed twice, once at the tall girl and another one at the woman, before leaving the living room and heads back to the kitchen. Five minutes later, Sooyoung brings her mother to the dining room and the food is neatly spread out on the table, with all the utensils arranged nicely.

 

“Have a seat, mum.” Sooyoung pulls a chair out to allow her mother to sit, and pushes it back in, before sitting down at the seat opposite her mother’s current seat. “How is it?”

 

“Doesn’t look bad…” The woman looks around, staring at the food on the dining table. It definitely smells delicious and it looks appetizing as well.
 

“Let’s eat, shall we?” Sooyoung smiles, and her mother nodded. She could see how amazed her mother was after taking a first bite of the food, which is obviously delicious. Her mother loves the food that the doe-eye girl had prepared and within a short time, the food is finished. Not a single bit was left.

 

“Would you like some dessert, madam?” Yoona asked, as she removes the used plates from table, putting it on the trolley.

 

“I would love to have some, but I’m a little full right now. How about later?” The woman smiles shyly at the doe-eye girl as she rubs her own stomach.

 

“Yes, Madam.” The doe-eye girl bows and pushes the trolley out of the dining room, back to the kitchen to wash them. Sooyoung and her mother went back to the living room and the tall girl smirks when she saw her mother looking back at the kitchen entrance, trying to take one more look at the doe-eye girl.

 

“How is it, mum? Not only she’s good with office work, she’s good at house work as well.”

 

“She’s good. I’m happy that you find such capable personal helper. At least I won’t have to worry if you are doing well on your own anymore.” The woman smiled, relieved that the personal helper of her only daughter is a capable one.