04 – The Girl Who has forgotten how to smile

The Girl Who...

 

The people in the office couldn’t help but to lose focus and stare at the door of their boss’s office. The aroma of the food is so tempting and it makes them hungry. Two hours ago, the doe-eye girl went out suddenly after returning the files to the tall girl. They thought the girl finally cannot take it anymore and is leaving, but she returns two hours later with a trolley, filled with Italian food that look really tasty. Meanwhile in the office, the tall girl stares at the trolley of food, dumbfounded.

 

“… You made these…?” The tall girl asked.

 

“Yes, Master. You asked me to.” The doe-eye girl replied, as she pulls out a foldable table from under the trolley and unfold it, positioning it nicely in the office. She then spreads a tablecloth on it skillfully, before putting the food onto the table one by one. “Please enjoy your meal, master.”

 

“Seriously… You are driving me crazy. Can’t you just reject me once and complain about the things I asked you to do? It’s what a NORMAL HUMAN BEING will do!” Sooyoung sighed. “FOUR MONTHS, Yoona. It has been four months already but you are still the same. Do you really feel nothing? No happiness, no sadness, no anger?”

 

“I no longer feel those. If there isn’t any other instruction for me, I shall take my leave.” The doe-eye girl bowed and walked out of the office, closing the door behind her. Sooyoung is speechless.

 

I feel nothing.

 

I no longer feel those.

 

Simple, yet filled with emotions. Only hearing these words, Sooyoung is starting to get this feeling that the girl has emotions. But her emotions are locked up somewhere deep in her heart, coming out sometimes in her words even though she remains monotonous no matter what she says. Sooyoung stares at the food on the table in her office. She has no idea where the girl gets all these from. Stuffing her hand into her pocket, she pressed a button on a small controller.

 

“Yes, Master?” The doe-eye girl came in almost instantly.

 

“Close the door first.” Sooyoung said, getting up from her seat.

 

“Yes, Master.” The doe-eye girl did as told.

 

“Grab a chair and sit down. Eat with me.” Sooyoung pulled a chair over and sits down at the table, looking at the girl who is still standing there, not moving. “I say, grab a chair and sit down.”

 

“I cannot do that, Master.”

 

“IT’S AN ORDER. SIT.” Sooyoung raised her voice, but she’s not shouting. Yoona stares at her for a while and bowed again, before bringing another chair over to sit down at the table. “Now, eat.”

 

“Please pardon me, Master.” Yoona starts to eat the food quietly. Sooyoung couldn’t stop staring at her at that moment. She never gets to see the doe-eye girl eating before, and she looks really beautiful even when she’s eating. It’s probably the first time she sees the girl opening wider than usual, to put the food into . She knows that Yoona probably realizes that she is staring at her, but chooses not to say anything, as usual.

 

“It’s delicious, Yoona. You did great.” Sooyoung took a bite, amazing by the taste of the food. It’s probably the best Italian food she had ever tasted. Yoona said nothing despite the compliment, and continued to eat as she is ordered to. The food on the table is soon finished, mostly by the tall girl since she couldn’t help it. The food is really good. “Yoona, smile for me.”

 

Yoona looks at her with her straight face, not moving an inch again.

 

“I say, smile for me. It’s an order, Yoona.” Unlike usual, Sooyoung sounds gentle. She leans on the table, anticipating a smile to appear on Yoona’s face, but it never did.

 

“I can’t, Master.”

 

“… Why?”

 

“I had long forgotten how to.” With that, Yoona stood up. “I will excused myself now.” She swiftly cleaned up the table and folds the table again, before pushing the trolley out of the office, disappearing from Sooyoung’s sight.