03 – The Girl Who doesn’t complain

The Girl Who...

 

 

“Did our boss hit Yoona ssi again…? There’s a cut on her forehead and another one on her lips…”

 

“I don’t know how she actually withstand all that… Getting hit and abused…”

 

Some of the employees at the company are gathering around in the rest area and discussing about the emotionless girl, after seeing the new cuts on her face. They first saw her four months ago, when she enters the office with the tall girl suddenly. The tall girl introduced her as a personal helper and if they have any problems with their work, they can just go to her. And throughout these four months, they had been seeing bruises and cuts on the girl, but the girl remains emotionless and by the tall girl’s side.

 

Slap. There it goes again.

 

They also wonder, why is the boss abusing her so much when she’s such a great worker. Her alone, can finish all their work within a day, perfectly without a single mistake. Maybe the tall girl is just taking an advantage of the fact that she doesn’t retaliate.

 

“Get out of my sight… I can’t stand having a robot standing in the corner of my office like a statue.” The tall girl sighed, pointing to the door. She doesn’t know why she slapped the girl, when all the girl did, is stand there. Maybe she’s just trying to see if the girl will retaliate or respond with emotions to the slap, but no, she did not. “Get me some coffee first though…”

 

“Yes, Master.” The girl bowed politely and walked out of the office, heading to the rest area. She saw the people crowding in the area but she said nothing. Quietly, she starts to make some coffee, since the coffee flask is now empty. The employees watch her as she waits for the coffee to be ready, pour the coffee into the tall girl’s cup and leaving the rest area with the coffee. They peek out of the rest area, and see the girl opening the door and a file flew out from the office, hitting the girl accurately on her forehead again and dropping. The girl caught the file skillfully and walked into the office without a word.

 

“Boss is seriously abusing her too much…” One of the girls commented, when she noticed the new cut on the girl’s face, due to the flying file earlier. “I feel so sorry for her…”

 

“The coffee tastes great.” Suddenly, one of the guys spoke, attracting attention instantly. “W… What…?”

 

“We are talking about poor Yoona ssi getting abused by Boss but you’re talking about how good the coffee is?” Another employee sighed.

 

“But it’s really good! Who made it?”

 

“Yoona ssi. She made it just now for the boss…”

 

“It’s really good…” The guy stands firm on his opinion and it makes the others curious about the taste. They poured rest of the coffee into a cup and take turn to try it, amazed by the taste. “Right? Told you so.” No one could disagree. It’s even better than those expensive coffees out there.

 

“I noticed that you guys had been standing here for quite a long time. May I ask you to return to your tables?” The doe-eye girl appears suddenly, surprising everyone. Sooyoung probably asked her to make sure that the employees are working hard while standing outside the office.

 

“W… We are sorry! We will go back soon. Sorry.” The people in the rest area became frantic as they hurriedly make more coffee for themselves. Yoona bowed and turns around, ready to return to her original position outside Sooyoung’s office.

 

“Yoona ssi…” Someone called her and she turns her head slightly, looking at them from the corner of her eyes. “Your coffee is really good…” But she just walked away without saying a thing. Neither she showed any sign of happiness after getting praised. Those people couldn’t understand.

 

“Im Yoona!” When they return to their seats, they heard the voice of their boss again, calling for the doe-eye girl. The doe-eye girl went into the office instantly, and came out soon after with a stack of file. While standing, she arranged the content of the files neatly and did the paperwork swiftly. Within a short time, she’s already done with two of the files.

 

“S… She’s really amazing…” The employees couldn’t help but to watch as she works through the files professionally. Even though she’s standing while doing all those work, it didn’t affect her a single bit. While the employees are busy with their first set of work for the day, she is done with that stack of files already. Carrying the stack of files up, she knocked on the door and went into the office again.

 

“Cook for me, Yoona. I feel like eating Italian food today but the canteen’s food is pure disgusting.” The tall girl smirks, when she looks through the files that the girl just brought in.

 

“Yes, Master.” The doe-eye girl bowed and went out without saying another word.

 

“W… What?” The tall girl dropped the file in her hands in shock. She isn’t serious about getting the girl to cook for her now. They are at the office so it’s impossible for the girl to be cooking a meal for her. But the girl just went on with it like it’s nothing strange. “Seriously… I was expecting to see her complaining that it’s impossible…” Sooyoung sighed, smacking her own forehead.