28 – The Girl Who heard everything

The Girl Who...

NOM~!
------______------

 

“Today’s earning is good too.” Sooyoung said as she puts the money into the pouch, before leaning back on the couch with a smile.

 

“Of course. With our faces and Yoona’s coffees, it’s natural that we will be earning a lot everyday.” Tiffany replied, as she records the amount down in the account book. The doe-eye girl enters the office after cleaning up the counter, leaving the work in the kitchen to the chef, and sits down beside Sooyoung on the couch. There was silence for a moment, until the doe-eye girl let out a yawn.

 

“Tired?” Sooyoung asked, patting the girl. Yoona nodded and stretches herself across the couch, partly on Sooyoung’s lap, like a kitten before lying down completely. “Rest for a while first. It has been hard on you.” Sooyoung continues to pat the girl as the girl falls asleep on her lap.

 

“Psst.” Tiffany waved at Sooyoung while looking at the doe-eye girl, seeming to be making sure that the girl isn’t awake.

 

“What?” Sooyoung asked, not looking up from the doe-eye girl’s sleeping face.

 

“Do you think that she actually like you in the way that you like her?”

 

“W… W… What?” Sooyoung blushed instantly. “D… D… Don’t sprout nonsense. What do you mean by that…? I… I don’t like her in an… any way other than friends…”

 

“Stop denying. It’s TOO obvious that only she doesn’t know. Maybe she does know but didn’t say anything about it.” Tiffany grins, as she closes the account book and stuffs it into the drawer before locking it up. “So, do you think she actually likes you in that way as well?”

 

“I… It’s impossible…”

 

“Why? I mean, it’s obvious that she’s feeling attached to you, whether or not as a friend, master or someone special. All those childish, kid-liked actions. She only did it when it’s you. She is so damn serious when talking to other people. I call it aegyo, to be honest. She only does those aegyo when she’s interacting with you.” Tiffany walks over and pulls the chair to sit right in front of the two girls.

 

“Because I’m treating her like how her sister will treat her if she’s alive… She thinks of me as a substitute for her sister…” Sooyoung sighed, clenching her right fist tightly. “She says that my love for her, feels the same as the love she felt from her sister… It’s obvious that she doesn’t think of me that way…”

 

“Don’t forget that she doesn’t understand the thing call feelings well. Even though she knows how to feel and express emotions now, she doesn’t understand it as well as us. It’s been too long since she understood it. Sooyoung, y-”

 

“Stop it. Let’s not talk about this anymore.” Sooyoung interrupted. She doesn’t want to let Tiffany convince her into confessing or trying to bring her relationship with Yoona beyond friendship. Even though she doesn’t really feel satisfied about it, she loves the way they are right now. Bickering and caring for each other like friends. Like sisters, to be more exact. “I'm not exactly sure what I am to Yoona... She looks strong yet delicate… I want to protect her forever, as a friend or maybe sister.”

 

“Lover, Sooyoung. Why can’t you jus-“

 

“Fany, please. Don’t try to convince me. I like it this way. What if she doesn’t accept me, Fany? As someone special. That would mean losing her, Fany ah. I don’t want to lose her. I don’t know what I can do without her around. I can’t even imagine life without her anymore. I need her by my side, Fany…”

 

“Sooyoung… Why?”

 

“Like I have said earlier. What if she doesn’t accept me as someone special? That would mean the end of us. Whatever relationship we are sharing now, will come to an end. I don’t want that. I don’t have the courage, the mind and the heart, to embrace that fate.” Sooyoung bits her lower lip, trying to hold in her sadness and her tears. She the hair of the doe-eye girl gently. “Don’t ever talk about it again, Fany. I don’t like it.”

 

“Fine. Do it your way then, pabo. I won’t bother about you anymore.” With that, Tiffany stomps out of the room and left the place.

 

“Boss, I’m done with the cleaning up.” The chef knocked and opened the door slightly to inform the tall girl.

 

“Okay. Thanks for you help. You may go now.” Sooyoung replied with a smile.

 

“Thank you. See you tomorrow, Boss.”

 

“See you.” Sooyoung watches as the chef leaves. “Yoona… Yoona ah~”

 

“Mm…?” Yoona opens her eyes slightly.

 

“Time to go home. Come on.” Sooyoung pushes the obviously still sleepy girl up and ruffles her hair with a grin. “Come on, kid. You can sleep all you want when we get home.”

 

“Okay~” Yoona grins happily as she stands up. What Sooyoung and Tiffany didn’t know is the fact that she isn’t sleeping for the whole time. She is just lying down and resting her tired eyes, not expecting to hear whatever that is not supposed to be heard by her.

 

Master… You’re not a substitute for unnie… You’re my Master. I will do anything for you, Master… Yoona let out a sigh softly, not letting the tall girl hear it, before turning around with a smile again and leaving with the girl.