17 – The Girl Who is thankful

The Girl Who...

"She got a fever and it's pretty high. I will go out and some medicine for her." The nurse got up and bowed.


"Okay. Quickly." The tall girl sighed, as she sits down beside the doe-eye girl. She had called her cousin to help her with the company today, as she wants to stay home to look after the doe-eye girl. "... Oh right. Her clothes..." Sooyoung realizes that she forgets about the fact that Yoona is wearing wet clothes. She got up instantly and walked over to the closet, pulling out a random shirt and shorts. Because she hardly sees the girl at night after she went to sleep, she didn't really know that the girl actually wore something else other than the black blouse and pants.

Putting the set of clothes beside the doe-eye girl, Sooyoung went on to the girl's blouse after much hesitation. The girl grabs her hands when she's at the third button.

"You have to change out of the wet clothes, Yoona..." Sooyoung sighed, removing Yoona's hands from hers and continuing to . She could hardly breathe when she pulls the girl up slightly to remove the blouse completely. Her face is completely red when she saw the girl half-.

Concentrate, Choi Sooyoung. Concentrate. You're just helping her to change her clothes. Sooyoung chanted that in her mind repeatedly as she gulps at the sight of the girl in her undergarments.

The doe-eye girl reaches to her side for the shirt while Sooyoung is still feeling embarrassed and attempts to wear it herself. Sooyoung notices that and tries to help her quickly. She also notices that the girl's face seems to have turn red, not because of the fever but because of embarrassment.

"I... I'm sorry..." Sooyoung apologized, as she pulls up the shorts for the girl quickly and covers the girl up with the blanket again. "Anyway, if you feel like hiding somehow, a raise in body temperature and your heartbeat is faster than normal... You're probably embarrassed... You might not feel it now since you're sick but you will feel warm too..."

"E... Embarrassed..." The doe-eye girl murmured.

"Yea... Like just now, you're probably feeling embarrassed because you're almost ... And I'm actually looking at you while you're in that state..." Sooyoung nodded shyly, looking away and scratching her head. Her face is still red. "A... And I'm embarrassed too..."

After a while, the nurse came back with the medicine. While the nurse went on to help prepare some food for the patient, Sooyoung is reading the instructions on the pill bottles.

"Can be eaten with or without food. Okay, here." Sooyoung took out one from each bottle and tried to give it to the doe-eye girl but the girl stares at the pills, not wanting to take it. "Take it. Put it on your tongue and drink some water to swallow it. Didn't you eat pills before?"

The doe-eye girl shakes her head while still staring at the round and flat objects in Sooyoung's hand.

"You will feel better after eating this, Yoona. Come on." Sooyoung sighed but the girl refuses. "Jeez. Now you're disobeying me? Come on, you're acting like a kid who refuses to eat her medicine now."

Seeing that the doe-eye girl still refuses to take the pills, Sooyoung tries to force the girl to and soon, the pills are in the girl's mouth and the girl has a distorted expression. Something new.

"You're supposed to drink some water to swallow it, Yoona! Don't just let it melt on your tongue. It's bitter..." Sooyoung smacks her own forehead as she hands a glass of water to the doe-eye girl. The girl gulps down the water quickly and let out a sigh. The bitter taste on her tongue is finally gone. "Jeez... You're such a kid when you're sick."

The doe-eye girl looks at her for a while and starts to smile suddenly.

"... W... What? Why are you smiling all of the sudden?! I didn't even compliment you or ask you to smile... In fact I'm kind of like, scolding you..." Sooyoung raised an eyebrow as she stares at the girl, feeling puzzled.

"Thank you." The girl said, still smiling for a short moment before changing back to a straight face. "Am I not supposed to smile when saying thank you, Master?"

"Ohh... Yea, you're supposed to..." The tall girl replied, nodding her head. How can someone be so cute when showing a straight face...?

The doe-eye girl nodded and closed her eyes, feeling drowsy after eating the medicine. Without Sooyoung knowing, she fell asleep soon after.

"Why did you say thank you anyway?" Sooyoung asked, turning to the girl and realizing that the girl is sleeping. "Aish... This girl..." Sooyoung sighed, pulling the blanket further up go cover the girl more. She the hair of the girl gently and pats her smiling when she noticed the faint smile appearing on the girl's face. "Jeez... Just how much to you like getting pat?"

"Boss, the-" The nurse came in suddenly and the tall girl asks her to lower her volume immediately, not wanting to wake the doe-eye girl up. The nurse realizes it and speaks softer after which. "Sorry. Erm, boss... The food is ready."

"Leave it first. She just ate her medicine so I think she's feeling sleepy. Heat it up for her when she woke up later." The tall girl replied.

"Okay, boss." The nurse bowed and went out, leaving the two girls on their own in the room again.