19 – The Girl Who remains calm

The Girl Who...

I pick a random name that I know so... I don't have anything against Jaejoong > <
-----____----

 

"Wh... What?!" The tall girl screamed into the phone upon hearing the news. She couldn't believe it. A few days ago, she still see him standing well and even joked around with her, and now, her cousin is telling her that he is in a coma due to a serious accident. As her cousin explains the situation to her, she loses grip on the phone and it dropped. Her hands trembling violently.

"Boss..." The employees standing outside the office heard the scream of the girl. They, too, had heard of the news, of their Chairman, Sooyoung's father, getting into a serious accident. It's a miracle that he did not die but he's not lucky enough to stay awake. He's in a coma, and the doctors did not know when he would wake up.

Sooyoung almost flipped her whole office upside down while she tries to keep herself calm. The doe-eye girl grabs both her hands quickly to prevent her from doing anything else, in case she hurts herself in the process. She ends up getting pulled by the tall girl, and the next thing she knows, she's in the girl's embrace.

"Yoona... What to do... D... Dad... He's in..." Sooyoung couldn't talk easily. Her emotions are too overwhelming.

"Master... Let's go to the hospital to see the Chairman." Yoona replied calmly, as she pats on the girl's back gently. Sooyoung nodded and moved away, putting on her coat and grabbing her stuffs quickly. The two of them went out of the company without saying anything and soon, they are on their way to the hospital.

…..

"Dad... Wake up, dad... It's me, Sooyoung." The tall girl held her father's hand tightly as she calls out to him softly. Her father's eyes remain close and he remains still. "Dad..." Tears are threatening to fall as Sooyoung held her father's hand close to her face.

"My dear..." Sooyoung's mother came over and Sooyoung's back. Sooyoung turns around and buries her face in her mother's stomach, letting out her tears. "He will be fine, my dear... He will not leave us..."

The doe-eye girl stood still, outside the ward, quietly. She saw a short girl approaching the ward quickly, and entering without even giving a damn to her, as though she's invisible.

"Sooyoung, come with me. I have to talk to you." The short girl grabs Sooyoung's wrist and pulls the girl out of the ward, to a corner. Yoona follows them but keeps a distance in case it's not something she should hear.

"What is it, Fany...?" The tall girl sighed, obviously not in the mood for anything else.

"You, and Yoona, have to come back to the main company with me right now." Tiffany whispered.

"Why?! Dad is-"

"I know about Uncle's condition but we have no choice! There's someone that invited all the major shareholders and trying to get them to support him in becoming the acting Chairman or worse, the next Chairman."

"W... What? I... Immediately after Dad... Who the hell is that person?!" Sooyoung's eyes widen at the shocking news and she grabs Tiffany's shoulders, shaking the girl violently.

"The vice, Kim Jaejoong ssi." Tiffany managed to get out of Sooyoung's hold and stated the name calmly. Sooyoung's expression darkens instantly as she stomps away, pulling Yoona along. Tiffany followed them quickly and got onto the car with them, and the three of them head to the main company building as fast as they could.

-----

"The Chairman is old already, gentlemen. I believe you know that very well. And-" the young guy spoke well and fluent, and it's obvious that the shareholders are buying his words bit by bit. However, the opening of the door interrupts his beautiful speech, and a tall girl charged at him, pinning him to the wall instantly. "Oh well, well, well~ we have got the incapable daughter of our dear Chairman here with us. Good to see you, Choi Sooyoung ssi."

"Kim Jaejoong ssi... You better not try to touch my father's company or I will make you pay." The girl hissed, applying force to his neck, almost strangling him.

"Chairman is in coma right now and it's reasonable to have someone to do his work for the time being, or maybe forever..." The guy smirks and started coughing when the girl applies even more force. The doe-eye girl went over to stop her quickly, before she kills him by accident. "Oh? Who's this?"

"Gentlemen, do not listen to him. He's trying to take over the company! My father's blood and sweats!" Sooyoung pulls Yoona closer to prevent the guy from touching her and starts to talk to the men in the conference room.

"But, Sooyoung ssi... What the Vice says is right. We need someone to lead us. We are at a crucial time of our business and we cannot do without a good leader." One of the men spoke up.

"Choi Sooyoung ssi, if you can prove to them that you're worthy enough to take your father's place, I won't even say anything." Jaejoong added with the smirk still plastered on his face.

Sooyoung glares at him. She never likes him ever since she first met him, when her father introduces him as an extraordinary talent. And this just made her hates him even more. While the two of them are having an intense staring contest, the shareholders and Tiffany gulped. Only the doe-eye girl remains calm.