The Decision

Little Thing Called L

I was smiling from ear to ear as i slide meatloafs down my throat quickly. i cant wait to go back to my room and start researching with my computer. HA! BigBang, K-Pop Boyband! Why didnt i think of this earlier! Well, how about that Mr. Cook! I bet you didnt see this one coming, didnt you? you want a surprise, i give u a freaking surprise! but seriously, the song is not that bad. Infact, it was really good. The beat, the rap, the tone, and the speed are perfectly combined. It didnt sounded like the K-Pop that i've heard through International Business subjects. What was the name again? Oh right, SuperJunior, Girl's Generation, 4Minutes, Miss A, 2PM, and what else? Damn i forgot. Yeah, this song didnt sound like those at all. I mean, dont get me wrong, i don't think their songs are bad, its just not my type. if i can use Nelson's expression, IT'S TOO CLEAN!

"Chae! can you look at yourself now! when are you going to give me grandchildren if you eat like that! no men would want to marry you!" Mother. always associates everything i do with marriage. Oh and Chae is my family nickname. My mom came up with it when i was little. She said so i can sound a little korean-ish. I guess she doesnt want her heritage goes missing.

"why are you smiling for, Chae? Care to share?" Dad ask what others has been wanting to ask since we sat in the dining table.

"i got my topic for my paper, daddy!" i shouted proudly.

"Ommona~ Chae! i knew if i was hard on you, you'll get back on your feet!" Mom tried to take the credit all for herself.

"What's the topic, sweetheart" Dad is already immune to mom's self-centered comments and goes straight to the point.

"im gonna do a research on BIGBANG! it's this korean boyband thing that i just heard of. i'm gonna do some research on them for my paper!" i boasted.

"OH MY GOD! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! you just heard of them like a second ago and you want to write on them now? YOU BETTER THANK ME ON YOUR PAPER OR ELSE IM NO LONGER YOUR SISTER!" Ashanty pouted.

"hahaha... oh come on Ssae, of course Chae will thank you. Aren't you, Chae?" Dad tried to calm the baby down.

"yeah, thanks sis. but really, even if you didnt listen to them just now, i am bound to come up with the idea myself regardless" i answered and giving her the tounge.

"DADDYYY!!!!" Ashanty pouted and with that i got the stare from dad. Damn.


So, where do i start? i should at least know their background first right? what was the name of the guys again? hmm.. oh right! GD and TOP. catchy. thank God for google. i simply type their names and their pictures come up. Dang, this GD dude is cute. But what's with the outfits?

Days gone by as i immersed myself into the BigBang world. i've learnt many aspects about the people behind it, the music that drives it and the whole operations that goes along with it. It fascinates me how much work they put on singles. And what astounds me even further is that the GD guy was in fact the leader of the group and that he is the producer. I mean, come on, how many boybands out there produced their songs themselves?! That's deserved two bloated thumbs up from me. As i researched further, i starts to understand what BigBang is about and i found my self in love with them. What not to love? they are talented, fun, cute, and talented bunch of guys! wait, i said 'talented' twice did i? oh well, i think one 'talented' does not do them enough justice.

"ASHLEY! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOUR MOM WONT LET YOU?! ARE YOU CRAZY?! WE'VE WAITED FOR THE TICKETS FOR MONTHS! I HATE YOU!" i heard my drama-queen sister shouted next door and i am obliged to attend to her as her older sister.

"whats wrong?" i peeked and saw her on the bed sobbing.

"Ashley said she cant go to BigBang concert next week because her mom found out she slept over at her boyfriend's house and she is grounded for 2 weeks!"

"and... you cried because you are sad for her?"

"are you stupid? mom won't let me attend concert by my self!" She shouted at my stupid question. Right, of course she cried because of her own misfortune, how stupid i was to think that she might cried for other's misfortune. wait, BigBang concert was it?

"hey, can i buy Ashley's tickets off her? i can go to the concert to accompany you so that mom will let you go.." i tried to arrange my words so that it seems that i do this for her benefit. not mine.

"THAT IS SIMPLY BRILLIANT!" she jumped out of the bed and quickly grab her phone.

"Ashley, i am truly sorry for your loss. but since you cant go, i am going to sell your ticket to my sister ok? bye!" and she hung it off. what a great friend she is.



Saturday night. The night that i hated the most. Everyone's gone finding their own fun and here i am at home watching dramas. Seriously, YoungBae, you need to go out more. Aish but what's the point. I dont like drinking, I dont smoke, and I cant talk to girls. JiYong and SeungHyun hyung out drinking, Daesung out with his friends, Seungri goes clubbing, and here i am rotting like a grandma. I guess what they say is true, i do need to find a girlfriend. But is it wrong if i want something more that just simply a ccompanion? i want something that sparks. something that is intriguing. Aish i watched too much drama. Should i just settle with those girls that keeps trying to bug me with their aegyo? i dont want to be another JiYong, though. He can have all of those. Not my type. So what to do now... i guess i can just go to sleep...

My phone rings and startles me.

"yeobuseyo?" i answered with half-opened eyes.

"oppa~" i heard ChaeRin voice.

"ne~ whats up?"

"are you sleeping already? its still 10pm! come on oppa its saturday night!" I knew her too well, she must've want something.

"what do you want?"

"anniyo! i dont call you only when i want something from you, you know!" i can sense she is pouting on the other end.

"hahaha.. arasso arasso.."

"hey do you want to come to the office? we finish practise and free. we can hang out tonight! what do you say?" ChaeRin gives me smile. She always knows when to come when i need her to.

"ok~ i'll be there in about 30 mins..."


"how is the concert so far, oppa?" Minzy asks

"its good, of course... its nice seeing new places and meeting new people..."

"of course its nice! it's because of you guys are BigBang that they treat you nicely!" Bom-noona always be the one with the quick comment.

"hahaha.. we'll go around US next week. so i cant wait for that..." i tried to change the topic.

"ah majayo! you got sold-out concerts all over US didnt you, oppa? chukhae~" ChaeRin gives her bright smile.

i looked at my watch and its 1AM already. i feel bad i keep the girls in the office to company me.

"girls, we gotta go. its 1 in the morning already. i dont want to keep you girls up with my boring stories" I conclude our hang-out session for the night.

On the way home, it haunts me again, should i find a girlfriend? should i lower my standards so that i can just simply break my "never dating" image? Maybe i had my hopes to high. Maybe there is no such thing as sparks and fireworks. Maybe those are simply what you felt during a relationship. Not before. Ah, i should not think of this too much. we got concerts to worry...