The K-Pop

Little Thing Called L

In this cold morning in one of UCLA library, I am biting the back of my lucky pencil and widgeting in my seat as I flicks through piles of old and new books on music, history of music and biography of musicians to find this thing called inspiration. How can I graduates if my final assignment worth 100% of my total final marks and till this day i have no clue what, who and how i should write? As the semester goes, the sooner is the due date for this final paper due. I cursed Ashanty for reminding Mom of this paper due date and making Mom forces me to stay in campus until an idea struck me.

"Cheryl! Watchu doin?" Nelson, my good friend from Business in Music classes, came approaching.

"Ey Nels, nothing much.. I just can't figure out what to write for my God-damn paper, and I am forbidden to come home 'till i got an idea. oh, and i dont have cash since my mom doesnt give me time to pack my things before she kicked me out. Fun, right?" I answered sarcastically. It seems that 5 hours in the library will turn you into a mindless monster that are not supposed to be approached.

"whoa, chill girl. i've done this subject last semester...." Nelson trails off as he flicks through my shabby notes.

"really??! how'd you go??" 'AHA i could use his idea!!' I secretly sets a plan.

"i almost failed if i didnt beg for it" and that shatters all of my plan of stealing his idea.

"what happened??"

"well, what the lecturer wants is simple: out of the box. He wants you to write something that he didnt expect you to write. and trust me, he got expectations for all of his students. thats why i almost failed. i was too obvious, he said" Nelson explains as he look at his phone.

"F--- ! i gotta pick up Tanya from the salon! damn shes going to kill me if i'm late" He ran as he waved goodbye to pick up his demanding girlfriend.

Just like that, my stress piled up even more. What is it that the lecturer didn't think I would write? I mean, how do I know if the lecturer doesnt even know?! I keep cursing in my head until i felt a vibrate in my back pocket. The word 'DAD' was on the screen. i picked up.

"Where are u?" Dad straight forwardly asks once the phone was picked up.

"Ask your wife" I answers and automatically pouted my lips in hope that he can see and will back me up.

"She told me. Go home. Now. Dinner almost done." He is the king of straightforward-ness. His motto is: if you dont need to, dont put more words in.


Once home, I got in through the back door and straight away climb up the stairs to my room. Mom's nagging will only make the stress even worse. What I needs now is a good hot bath.

As I passed Ashanty's room, I heard a song. A beat so fresh and weirdly addictive booming from her room. 'what's that song? I've never heard it? I quickly eavesdrop her. But my curiosity got to me as I quickly opens Ashanty's room.

"WHAT THE HELL!!! DON'T YOU KNOW THIS THING CALLED KNOCK?!" Ashanty quickly covers herself up as she just finished showed.

"what song is this?" Truthfully, i am numb to her overly-dramatic attitude and straight away check her iTunes to see the name of the song.

"huh? what languange is this? 'Knock Out by GD&TOP?" I can no longer hides my curiosity as the song making me stupidly moving my head involuntarily. 

"phft. i told you K-Pop is awesome for thousand of times and yet you never listen now do you? thats K-Pop's biggest price: BigBang! well, not really BigBang as a whole but this is the sub-unit of it, GD&TOP. its a duet within BigBang that consists of the rapper, G-Dragon and T.O.P. it's like their side project aside from their main team" Ashanty explains proudly.

"hmmmm..... interesting"

"GIRLS! DINNER IS READY!" Se Ra, my korean-descent mother, shouted from the kitchen as the we quickly scram downstairs to eat.


 


It's 3 in the morning and we exceeded the planned time but i still feel something lacking with this part. I can see the rest of the members are too tired already and i feel them but i have no choice but to be the mean leader of BigBang today. I can not risk dissapointing our fans. its better if we are hurting now and get rewards later when we see the faces of the VIPs jumping excitedly during the concert. yes, i have to do this. it'll be worth it.

"can we start from the top, guys?" I looked up to see the bands and i can see them nodding their heads. Great.

"ah hyung~ can we have 5? i am exhausted...." Seungri always taking advantage of being the maknae and pretend to be fragile.

"YA~! this is our first big international concert!! you want us to look stupid?!" yes, i have to admit i am too perfectionist. but come on, this thing can only come once in a lifetime and you have to be perfect for it.

"come on guys.. just couple more times and we'll be done and we can go home and take rest. the quicker we do this, the earlier we can go to sleep.." Trust it to YoungBae to be the mother of all. But to be honest, i dont think i can do this without him. Unlike the rest that thinks that he is the Omma and i'm the Appa, i'd like to think of us as bad cop-good cop kind of thing. it sounds more badass.

"arasso~" all of the get into position in synchronized.

"alright. lets go with Haru-Haru and straight away into Lies" i command the band as they prepare for yet another run of the song and i can hear the loud sigh the rest of the members are making but i ignore them and go to my standing spot.


"JiYong-ah, Na Ri-shi called and asked where you have been" Manager hyung distrubs my day-dreaming of perfect concert.

"huh? ah hyung~ i told her that we break up because i need to focus on this concert thing. she just doesnt listen! Jinjja! can you help me this one last time hyung? please~" I am in no mood of dealing with exes right now. Too much stuff to be responsible for and girlfriend will just be adding load to my stuff.

"JiYong-ah grow up , will you! stop playing with girl's heart! arasso, i'll help you this one time! just this one last time! arasso?!" I can see he's sick of dealing with my exes but i dont really care now, i'm simply too tired and too preoccupied. And he is dead wrong! im not playing with her heart! i like her. its true. its not my fault that she got boring and i got loads of work!

"ne hyung~" i simply answer.

"Yong-ah, u shoul consider yourself lucky, you know. at least compared to me" YoungBae said.

"wae?" i asked. i dont know where he is going with his statement.

"well, you can easily get in and out of love, not like any other normal guys. maybe thats your superhero power, Yong-ah. whoa.. you are special aren't you" YoungBae answered with a straight face while others bursts out laughing.

"anniyo YongBae-ah... his superpower is his ability to hoaxed those girls to make them in love with him!" SeungHyun hyung adding fuel to the fire. Everyone, including manager-hyung are laughing now. Yep, this always happens when topic of girls and me came up.

"anniyo hyung! his superpower is his ability to..."

"MAKNAE SHUT UP" YongBae and Hyung can poke fun at me but not the dongsaengs. They dont have the right.

"ne hyung~" Seungri quickly sit back quietly while everyone keeps laughing away.

i guess they simply having their revenge because i kept them practise longer than it is supposed to be so i simply shut my ears with my Soul by Ludacris headphones and let N.E.R.D songs fill me in...