The Fight

Little Thing Called L

“Ommo! What’s wrong??” he looks like he just lost his soul.

“Cheryl?” he seems unsure. Is he hallucinating?

“Yes. GD what’s wrong with you??” I’m worried. I notice the tray of food in front of him, untouched.

“You haven’t had dinner?” I ask again after his silence. He shakes his head, while keeping his stare on me.

“Why??” It’s almost midnight!

“I don’t feel like eating” He answers. He is now eyeing me from top to bottom, making me feel uncomfortable.

I sigh. “Alright then, I’ll see you tomorrow, boss” preparing myself to leave.

“Hold up” he grab wrist when I am about to turn to leave.

“Can you just bear with me for a moment?” He asks. His eyes are begging.

“Hmm?” I study his face. He looks like he just lost his hope. “Okay” I sit down.

I sit opposite him, and after few minutes of staring at me, he turns his head back down. He chuckles darkly sometimes, making it more alerting.  He punch the table few times, making me jump in shock and he would snap out of it and apologize, but after a few minutes, he’ll go back to his own misery.

My whole determination of acting like I don’t care about him crumbles as soon as I see his eyes. I’m dying to give him a hug, making sure he knows that I’ll take care of him. My annoyance towards him completely vanished, replaced by care and concern. The Great G-Dragon is nowhere to be seen. The man sitting in front of me is Kwon Ji Yong, and he is breaking.

I sit here blankly, not knowing what I should do. I want him to talk to me, to share his pain, but who I am to him? I have no right to bug his business. I try my best to keep my hands to myself when I can just reach out and hold him. For unknown reason, seeing him like this breaks my heart. I know I once said that I hate the arrogant G-Dragon, but I’d take that any day, rather that Kwon Ji Yong that is shattering.

“How was your date?” he finally speaks up.

“Huh?” Date? What date?

“Didn’t you just go out with YoungBae hour ago?” He now looks at me.

“Ah, yes” I answer. Hmm, maybe I should distract him from his misery and talk about today.

“It was great! He brought me to this abandoned place, and we play swing, we eat some kimbap and there’s even paddleboats! Oh, I love paddleboats! Aaaand, there’s fireworks when we reach the middle of the lake! Ah, it was nice!” I start talking. “At the end, YoungBae oppa’s tummy was grumbling so we decided to have dinner at this shabby place but it has the best gochang! You should try it sometimes, GD!” I pretend to be happy and joyful, when I am actually worry and hurt seeing him breaking. I pretend to be happy in hope that he’ll somehow feel it too, and it’ll lift up his mood.

He smiles and let out a big sigh after I finish my story. He doesn’t give opinion, or comments. He simply stares at me, studying my expression. I try my best to maintain a smile. I don’t want him to know that I’m sad for him.

When our eyes meet, my heart is freefalling from its place. My body begins to shiver and my tummy is rumbling. His gaze seems lost, hopeless, and it took my whole self-control to not jump out and hug him. At this moment, I don’t give a damn about him breaking my heart. What I want is to offer him everything I have, in an attempt to make him feel better.

I want to hold his hand, I want to his hair, I want to take him to my embrace and tell him that everything is going to be okay, because I will take care of it for him.

Suddenly, he stands up.

“Where are you going?” I want to stay with him.

“Home” he says, looking around but me.

“Okay” I’m slightly disappointed. Ya! What do you expect, Cheryl! Of course he wants to leave by himself! Gosh, don’t put your hope too high!

“How are you going home?” he asks.

“Taxi” I answer, making him fidgeting, seems to be weighing on options.

“I’d drive you home, but I can’t” he finally says. His head down, like he’s disappointed in himself.

“Ah, it’s alright! Don’t worry! Seoul is pretty safe, right? I can go home by myself” I lightly punch his arm. Why does it hurt me when he said that he couldn’t? Am I that annoying and impossible to be with that he can’t bear being in the same car with me?

He looks at me again, his eyes still show that same agony, maybe more. Why do I feel like he wants to tell me something, but he couldn’t?

“I’ll be leaving first then” I excuse myself. I don’t want him to leave first and making it more obvious to me that he’s unreachable to me.

I jump in the taxi after 5 minutes of searching for one. I feel relieved. When I am alone, I can think straight. Think of consequences and the outcome. Yes, my heart is dying for him. No matter how many times I try to assure my self that he’s bad news, my heart still flutters with the sight of him. I have to at least acknowledge that. However, he’s an idol. He’s the megastar of Korea. What makes me think that being with him is even possible?  Moreover, he’s a player, a womanizer, and he doesn’t seem to care about me. Why would he care about me anyway, when around him are models, idols, and actress and I am a lowly music engineer.

I reach home in no time, and soullessly walk inside the apartment.

 



 

I couldn’t take her home because I know once she and I alone in my car, I’d break down. I wont be able to handle the proximity if we are in a private place like my car. But, there is no way in hell I’d let her go home by herself. I followed the taxi that she’s in, making sure I leave some space between the taxi and my car to avoid being caught.

I stop my car, when the taxi stops few meters in front of me. We’ve reached her apartment. After few seconds, she emerges from the taxi, looking beat. Maybe she’s tired, from all the fun she had with YoungBae.

The way she lights up when she told the story slaps me to reality. She loves it. She loved what YoungBae had for her, leaving no spot for me to squeeze in her heart. I should’ve known. YoungBae’s innocence and charm would melt every woman he set his eyes on.

I remember the way I begged to Hyun Suk hyung to put that clause in her contract, making sure that she would only work for me. Hyun Suk hyung dismissed the idea in a heartbeat, saying how unreasonable it is. But I begged and begged until finally he agrees for her to work solely with me for the first quarter. I groaned, knowing I don’t get what I want fully. But that was the best deal that I get, so I took it. It just occurred to me that I’ve fall for her since then. I didn’t realize it then, only making excuses behind my addiction to her, but now I know.

Today is rough, too rough for my unknowing heart. I didn’t expect the effect would be this intense, but I guess I have to be prepared from now on. I have to be prepared for the surge of emotion whenever YoungBae and Cheryl pop up. I know sooner or later, Cheryl will be YoungBae’s and when that time comes, I need to be genuinely happy for him. I need to be prepared.

 


 


Days gone by and I pass it unknowingly. Everyday is torture, as more and more people talks about Cheryl and YoungBae. When editing time comes, I would leave her in the studio to do whatever she likes with it. I can’t bear being in the same room, just the two of us, for too long. She seems unenergetic as before, but I don’t dwell on it. Deep in my heart, I secretly wish that I’m behind that mood, that she wishes me to stay during her editing. A man can only wish, right?

I am in the studio with the boys, preparing for some recording. Most songs are done and edited and it’s time to put some vocal in. If we are going on this rate, we could do a comeback by the end of the year.

“Again. Don’t mumble” I say on the microphone to SeungRi that’s currently recording.

“Aish hyuuung~ it’s been hours I’ve stuck in this! Can we do break?” Maknae complains.

“No, I want to finish it” I say.

“Ya! JiYong-ah! Give the kid a break!” SeungHyun hyung knocks my head.

“Maknae-ah, come out” SeungHyun hyung calls SeungRi and his face turns giddy in an instant.

“DaeSung-ah, where were you yesterday?” YoungBae asks. This is what happens during our break, we talk and gossip, like girls.

“I was at the church, hyung. Helping out. I know I’d be busy in the studio today so I finished my tasks at the church yesterday” DaeSung answers.

“I should come by your church sometime, Dae” I chime in. I haven’t been going to church lately, and I think that’s why God is mad at me now.

“Come, hyung! They’ll love you there! But please, leave your profanity-filled leather jacket behind” DaeSung says making the rest laugh.

“YA! You dare mocking me now, huh?!” I jokingly threaten him. It’s relieving knowing that DaeSung is getting better. I know how hard this scandal hits him and I’m glad he’s recovering.

“Anniyo hyung~ its better you come, than SeungRi though. I’m pretty sure he’ll everyone there” DaeSung says, making the laughter continues.

“HYUNG!” SeungRi protests. “But… Is there a lot of hot girls there?” He asks, making us laughing again.

“Maknae-ah! Don’t be too obvious, please! All the fans already know what kind of ert you are by now! Tone it down a bit!” Young Bae whacks SeungRi’s head.

“But some people might find it adorable, though. The other day, Hye Yoon noona’s friend ask me about you, Maknae-ah” SeungHyun hyung comes to SeungRi defence.

“Ah jinjjja hyung?! Aigoo… I must’ve been every noona’s ideal type” SeungRi says, earning him another smack on the head.

“SeungRi-ah, I’m the one that’s every noona’s ideal type!” DaeSung smacks his chest proudly.

“Dream on, DaeSung-ah. Everyone knows I’m the favorite for ideal types” SeungHyun hyung boasts himself.

“Yeah, that’s because they can picture you as their bodyguard” YoungBae says, everyone laughs in agreement making hyung pouts.

Suddenly, the phone on the able next to me vibrates.

“YoungBae-ah. You got a text!” I notify him.

“Just let it be, JiYong-ah. It’s probably Cheryl” He says, winking.

Automatically, I grab the phone and throw it to him. If he wants to play hard to get, so be it, as long as it’s not in front of me. I’ve been in pain because I can’t get the girl, and yet here he is toying with her.

“Reply” I say coldly. Everyone looks at me questioning.

YoungBae seems surprise but not for long. He checks his phone and his smile becomes bigger. He quickly replies and his eyes start to sparkle. What am I suppose to do when I’m in love with the girl that makes my bestfriend so happy like this?

He throws the phone back at me, for me to put it back on the table. I don’t dare to look at the screen and just put the phone away. I know they must’ve been talking about something sweet, I’m just not ready to face it yet.

“It’s not Cheryl by the way” YoungBae says, with his eyes glittering. 

“Then who?” SeungHyun hyung asks.

“It’s her eonni. I’ve been texting her these past few days. She’s so hot, you have to see her!” YoungBae says, excited. WHAT?!

“Hyung, I thought…” SeungRi lost for words, and so are we. What the is he talking about?! He’s been texting Cheryl’s eonni?!

“Hahaha… I know what you guys are thinking. But I don’t know, Cheryl is nice and all, but her eonni is also great!” YoungBae says. My vision starts to get blurry, trying to contain my rage.

I’ve been in hell all this time, to give YoungBae what he wants and what he deserves. But now, I found out that he actually has another girl in mind and making Cheryl an option?!

“So you are currently texting both, hyung?” DaeSung says, surprised.

“Neh~ it’s not a crime, is it? I mean, I’m not in a relationship with either one anyway” He says, looking at me, smirking. And that’s my cue.

My body moves by itself before my head can process anything. My fist flings itself and landed beautifully on YoungBae’s nose. My vision is completely shaded by Cheryl’s dissapointed expression. My heart is filled with rage and hatred towards my own brother because of the heartbreaks he will give to Cheryl if she knows about this.

“HYUNG!” “JI!!” SeungHyun hyung, DaeSung and SeungRi are standing up as soon as YoungBae falls to the floor.

“I knew it. I knew you like Cheryl, Ji” His eyes filled with anger, while his hands is covering his now blood-filled nose.

“Guess what, I’m going to confess to her soon. She’s mine. off” He stands up and stands in front of me, with his face only inches away.

I freeze, and the next thing I know I push him and walk out the studio.




Hello everyone! I promise another chapter today, and here it is! Ta-da! kekeke ^ ^

I'm trying my best to update as fast as possible because i know how annoying it is to wait :)

I hope i can get more SUBSCRIBERS and COMMENTS soon :)

And i am soo happy i reached 1000 views! YEAY! Though it's not a lot, i still love it! 

THANK YOU ALL!! :*