The New World

Little Thing Called L

The car moving at a 112 km/hr cruising under the city light of Seoul. Neither of us three has spoken since we bolted out of the YG Building. After they came back from having a conversation via phone calls with SeungRi and TOP, both girls were accusing me of flirting with G-Dragon and seduced him on offering me a job. But after I told them the true story, they could not believe their ears. I mean, who offers somebody a job on a first meeting?!

Since the first time our eyes met, I knew that the boy is trouble. His stare gives me shivers along my spine and his voice makes my knees trembling. The way he looks at me makes me feel like i'm being stripped from head to bottom. His glare shows that he knows a lot of things that you haven't even heard of. Even more so when the other guys went outside to have the phonecalls and leaving me and him in the studio. The atmosphere is too potent that I gave in and apologize. His sudden mood change doesn't help either. Only took 15minutes maximum for him to change from staring accusingly at me to looking at me in admiration.

'you should come work with us' he said as if its a normal thing to do. Who does he thinks he is?! I mean yes, i would love to work in an awesome building that produced awesome song but that was just extremely random that i feel like i'm being played. Do i look like a beggar that he can easily tell to work for him? Does he think i am desperate to get a job?? I couldnt stay any longer in that studio because my anger might just blow the whole thing up. That's why we are here, sitting silently in SeungHee eonni's car and traveling back to reality.

We went to the bedroom as soon as we reach SeungHee eonni's apartment. Today has been too absurd and unexpected that it has fully drained us. Who would've thought a trip to have a slight glance over an idol turns into a long dinner, and a impromptu tour of one of the biggest music company in Korea. HyeMi eonnie's shriek breaks the serenity.

"DID WE JUST SPEND A WHOLE NIGHT AT YG WITH TAEYANG AND G-DRAGON?!" She shouted. I think she just finished processing in her head what we did this night.

"NE~!! WHOA CHAE IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU, WE WOULD NEVER HAD THAT EXPERIENCE!!" SeungHee eonni seems to get an electric shock from HyeMi eonni that she too becomes too excited as she hugs me tight. It was only a couple hours ago they accuse me of being a , and here they are now thanking me? Girls. No wonder boys never gets us.

"you are going to take the offer, right Chae?" HyeMi eonni eyeing me hopeful.

"I dont think so, eonni. i have no plan of working here in Seoul." I answers apologetically.

"b-b-but.... G-Dragon is the one that offers you!!" She choked.

"I know, Chae. No one can reject G-Dragon's offer because people simply don't reject offer from him. Its THE G-Dragon!" SeungHee eonni back HyeMi's statement and trying to sound convincing.

"well, there's always a first for everything" i say nonchalantly as i lay my back on the bed. I am too tired and talking about this making me more exhausted. I close my eyes trying to sleep and disregard the stare that the eonnies are giving me.

Suddenly, my phone vibrates. I grab my phone and check who's it from. A message, from unknown number. Hm?

 

From: +82 1819 8429

Hey... It's TY...

 

I immediately sits up when i read the message. The two eonnis that are changing into their pyjamas look at me weirdly. What should i reply??

 

Reply To: TY (New)

Hey... It's Chae Ril...

 

I try to make a joke. It's obvious that he felt bad for whatever it is that happened before and i dont want him to. He's been nothing but accomodating and generous and i was the one who is too stubborn and ungrateful by rushing out of the building without giving a proper thank you. He's not the one at fault. Its that dude with the blonde hair and intense stare that should be apologizing.

 

From: TY (New)

Glad you still reply my message.

I'm sorry for everything today...

I didnt plan on you guys leaving like that...

are u ok?

 

He is a true sweetheart. Eventhough everyone knows who is to blame here, but he keeps the blame on him without mentioning that sleazy dude. Ofcourse i'm ok, TY. I always am.

 

Reply To: TY (New)

I am fine... 

sorry for the sudden goodbye.. i was just extremely tired..

 

From: TY (New)

ok, but before u go to sleep,

do u wanna make plan with me tomorrow?

 

Ah . What should my excuse be? My brain is too fried that its hard to come up with a creative and original idea and i am not going to asks ideas from the eonnis because i am certain that they would chop me to pieces and throw my dismembered body into the Han River if i rejects TaeYang's offer. I'd love to spend time with TaeYang but firstly he is an idol and i am not planning on being someone's scandal. Secondly, i am still in a badmood from before. I know i shouldnt let it out on TaeYang but i couldnt help myself

 

Reply To: TY (New)

Thank u for the offer but i hav to say no this time...

i had promise a long time friend to spend the whole day with her.

 

i lied. I just couldnt stand this whole charades. I think it would be better if they're mega stars and i am a humble american citizen. It is suppose to be this way anyway. I'll just see what we had before as a fan service. A great one.

 

From: TY (New)

are we ok?

i havent had the chance to tell yoy why i dissapear..

please give me a chance to explain myself

 

I didnt know its going to be like this. I dont demand any explaination from him and he doesnt need to. Why would he thinks that he owe me one?

 

Reply To: TY (New)

i am fine ty,

u owe me no explaination :)

i completely understand. Dont worry.

listen, im beat. Im off to bed now. Ttyl later ok?

Goodluck with everything! :)

 

i want to get this over with. I am not a but their world does not seem to match with mine. Constant chanting of your name, have your meal ready and free every single time, and be able to work in a high tech studio. That is not my world. At least, not yet. Tonight has been too much for my normal life. I can see both my eonnies are already sleeping next to me. I turn off the phone and go back laying down on the bed an off into my dream land.


This is my last day in Seoul because in a few hours I'll be heading back home. Both eonnies are still hopeful that somehow TaeYang or G-Dragon would somehow knock on our door and say farewell. But seeing how TaeYand didn't reply my message, seems like he gets my intention. This has been a great gateaway. I love this country and the people but i still have to go home now.

SeungHee eonnie insisted to take me to the airport but i refused. They can't be absent for too long even if they'd love to. I have my luggage nice and fat with all the gifts and food that im bringing home. Ashanty will go all bananas on me if i forgot to buy her K-Pop merchandise so i bought all possible ones.

I loaded the taxi with all my stuff and say my goodbyes to HyeMi eonni and SeungHee eonni while trying to hold back my tears. I dont show my emotion easily to people. Unlike these 2 eonnies in front of me that are crying like crazy upon me leaving. I thank them for everything, from the ticket to the tears. It may not be perfect, but nothing could ever top this.

As i enter the airport, i headed to the counter to check my belongings. Once the staff look at my passport, their eyes become suspicious. What's wrong? Did i do anything wrong? I cant help myself from doubting my passport as more staff gathers and one of them even took out their walkie-talkie to talk to the other end.

"Miss, your flight has been upgraded" They finally say.

"what? how? why?" i can't hide my disbelief.

"we will explain to you as you wait in the VIP lounge room, Miss Laverton. I will you" One of the guy with a formal blazer and a red tie took my belongings and guide me to a secluded area. At the end of the hallway, there's a door with a sign say "VIP Lounge Room". I never even knew such thing existed. This is just plain confusing. How could i get into the lounge when i haven't even done my immigration and check-in my luggage?

The guy open the door for me and make a gesture that indicates me to go in. So i did. I may be too naive by agreeing to their every instructions. They may even be some gangster or serial killer that abduct tourists and and skin them alive (i guess i watched too many thriller movies). But this is all too weird for me to be able to process properly that i simply follow and see how this weird situation leads to.

The room is really posh with its victorian furniture and decorating but it seems very empty except the guy who sits in the one seated sofa with his hat pulled down and playing with his phone. I bet he's bored waiting for his flight. Wait, that shoes seems familiar. So is the hair. Wait, what is this?

He look up and as soon as he saw me, he smiled.

I turn around and grab my belongings from the staff and head to the door once i realised who he is. I am not going to play with this crap.

"WAIT" he said. I stop without turning my back to face him. His smug smile annoys me too much that it gives me goosebumps. But with all this charades, i atleast need to hear what he wants to say.

"Listen, i want to say sorry. To be honest, i have no idea what i did wrong considering i was extremely nice by offering you a job. But YoungBae said he'd break our friendship if i dont apologize to you. so here i am" His voice is full with confidence and no trace of remorse.

I turn. This guy really knows how to get on my nerve.

"Firstly, you judge my feedback when I give them to you. Secondly, you give me a job as if i begged for it. So listen here, GD. I am not some stupid girl who falls in love with you guys, wishing you guys would acknowledge me and would do whatever you want me to do" I blurted out all my anger in a second. The staff that was still standing by the door silently get out of the room after hearing my sudden outburst.

"and dont give me bull about you sincerely offering me a job. Because from what i heard, you basically TOLD me to work for you and assumed that i would. Guess what big guy, i am more valuable than that. People begs me." i tried to sound proud and confident to match his attitude. I can't lose to this man eventhough i know he has enough money to cancel my flight back home.

He went silent for a while after hearing my long speech. Occasionally open his mouth and close them again as if he tries to find the words to say but failing. Finally,

"I begged YG hyung to interview you. I told him that i need a new set of brain to help me with our new album. After a day of relentless nagging, he finally agrees. I wasn't bullting about this before, and I am not bullting now. You have a gift and we need that for new album. I'm sorry if that what you intrepet from my offer the other day but i have never done this before so this is my first and people often fails on their first try right?" He explained. It stuns me how regretful he seems to be when he said those words. Was he being sincere?

"So, what do you say? Will you help us?" He asks with a big puppy eye after a full minute silence from me.

"I have a flight to catch" I answered simply. I am not losing that easily, tiger.

"Easy. I can re-book it for tomorrow. Your interview is in 1.5 hours.... if you willing to go." He added as if he's scared of hurting my feelings again.

I am truly confused right now. Pride or Future? I've been raised to never ask for anyones help if you can do them yourself so i never want to. But this is not me asking for their help in finding me a job. This is them begging me to help them. Right?

"i have no place to crash" This is true. I don't want to bother SeungHee eonni again and making her hopes up. What if YG doesn't like me and say no? The possibility of me working in Seoul is 50/50. Also, i want this annoying blonde dude to try harder. Well, that's what you get if you condescends me, a payback.

"We can book you a hotel room near around here" He quickly answered. Impressive. He's prepared. 5 years of being a leader does teach you something, ey?

"Fine" i finally give in. Its only an interview. And this proud guy has admitted defeat. Even if i dont get the job, I'd still be happy for the fact that Cheryl Laverton can make G-Dragon begs.



Was my ear lying to me? But her lips does make a movement that shows 'fine'. So she agrees? I finally talk her into it? ASSA! Wait, what are you happy about, JiYong ah?! you just lost a fraction of your pride by begging to this girl! Damn it! I knew she has some voodoo with her. She even made ME begged?! It is no time to think about this though. I need to take her to the office for the interview. I hope she nails this. I really do need a new sets of ears and brain to assist me. If only i could find someone with her brain and ears but less stubborn, i would not be here now. But time is critical and so far, she is the best one of all.

"After you" i gestured as we walk out the Lounge Room and she walks past me without even looking at me.Geez, it's going to be tough working with her. But damn, with an like that, i don't think i would mind.

We walk to the awaiting car and she jumps in without me telling her to. I can tell this girl likes to do everything herself. She doesn't like others helping her. Isn't girls suppose to be clingy and flirty? I ran out of words to talk to her so i simply stay quiet in the front seat of the car on our way to the office. I look at her from the mirror and I see her sighing as she looks out the window. What is she thinking? I have the urge to know.

YoungBae has been going crazy since she left the office the other day and blaming me for everything. He even tell me that he'd hate me forever if she left. Is this girl that worthy? I mean, yes she is hot and yes she is smart. But leaving brotherhood for first love? This is what happens when you never had dated. You become too naive and thinks that a girl is everything. Pft, I've been in relationships and I know that girls can never substitute a brother. Not even close! And love? i think it's overrated.

We arrived at the office 45 minutes later and as i was about to get out of the car, i see her reflection in the mirror. She is sleeping. The driver was about to wake her up when i told him not to. I open the door and stares at her. She looks like a sleeping angel that is too tired from doing to much good deeds. Her hair covers half of her face and her milky pink lips pouted. God, I could stare at her for a whole day. A vibrate from my phone wakes me up from my daydream. It was YoungBae

 

From:영배

How did it go?

 

He is too nervous and hopeful that Cheryl would come and it makes me feel like an for staring at his girl for too long and letting myself being mesmerized.

 

Reply To: 영배

We at the office.

Don't worry.

I got this.

 

I convinced him not to come for the interview because i think she'd be more uncomfortable if a friend shows up. And from her last speech, i dont think she'd like it if she knows YoungBae is in this too. For YoungBae's sake, i should be the only bad guy here.

"wake up" i shake her shoulder lightly to wake her up.

She opens her sleepy eyes and trying to decipher where we are. Once she realized we've arrived at the office, she fixes her hair and her top in nervousness as she gets out of the car. She is too cute.

"So, where do i go?" She asked me sternly.

"Follow me" I answer as i walk in front of her. But i dont feel her following me. I look back and she still stands in her spot looking at me wary.

"you are not coming into the interview, are you?" She asks. Gosh, this girl must be completely annoyed by me. I completely dont get her. Girls falls on my lap, not jumping away from it.

"From the looks of it, you dont want me to. So, no. You can do the interview yourself. I'll simply take you to YG hyung's office. You need a card to get to his level and you dont have one"  I try to explain. She is so hard to predict. One minutes she is all cute and fragile, the next she is all alert and suspicious. She nods and finally letting me leading her to YG hyung's office.

As the lift door closes, suddenly i felt that tingle of sparks. It is too potent that i can't even describe. It's like my body knows what it wants and it is right next to me. My heartbeat fasten and I become uneasy. What is this girl doing to me? Is this her voodoo working? I press the button to YG hyung's office continuously hoping that the lift would shoot us to the level quicker and get me out of this unknown feeling. My eyes wanting to see her that stands right next to me but my brain tells me not to. With this heart rate, i dont think i'd be able to refrain myself if she looks back at me with her seductive lashes. She is YoungBae's girl, She is YoungBae's girl. I keep chanting to myself to keep my head straight. Thankfully, the door opens.

We turn to the left heading to the glass door with a big YGEntertainment sign on the front. This is it. I knock to the door and hear a slight 'come in' from inside. YG hyung must've been waiting. I peeked inside and YG hyung was sitting on his desks as he gives me an ok sign. I turn back to Cheryl.

"go get 'em" I say to her to give her encouragement but instead, she rolled her eyes at me and suavely enters the room and closing the door right infront of my face. I want to choke her for doing that. Never once have i felt so belittled by a woman that is not my sister or my mom.

I took out my phone and dials YoungBae's number. In 2 rings, he picks up.

"so whats the news?" he said without giving me a proper hello. He is completely smitten with this girl.

"Fine. She's in the room already. She didn't want me to be in there so here i am waiting for her outside the door. So are we still friends now?" i asks him trying to show my annoyance.

"Yep. As long as she forgives me and stay, though" YoungBae says. If he is not my bestfriend, i would never degrade myself this low. I don't do my own dirty job.

"You owe me"

"No, YOU do." YoungBae says before he hung up the phone. It is obvious he is still holding grudges againts me over what happen that day.


After more that 15 minutes, the door finally opens and Cheryl emerges followed by YG Hyung. She looks down in sorrow as she walks past me and YG hyung seems to be escorting her to the lift. I follow them instinctively. She doesn't get the job?? What?? I thought she can nail this thing with her smart mouth. What happened?

"um, so, how did it go?" i try to open a conversation as we waited for the lift. Both of them look at me and shake their heads with sorrow and apologetic eyes. I panicked. F---! What am i gonna tell YoungBae!! And to be honest, i too am very dissapointed. This is not just about YoungBae. I was really hopeful that she could assist me in the studio.

"HAHAHAHA!!" both of them bursts into laughter. Mwo?

"Look at your face, man! Its completely white as a chalk! YOU ARE SO DESPERATE TO HAVE ME WORK FOR YOU!! HAHAHA!" She pointed at my face and high-fiving YG hyung. WTF is happening here?

"We teamed up to trick you, JiYong-ah! HAHAHA! Ofcourse she got the job! She is incredible!" YG hyung seems to be estatic and wrapping his arms on Cheryl's shoulder.

"She'll go back to LA tomorrow to pack her stuff and she'll start working by next week." YG hyung explains to me the plan as he grins. I look at her in disbelief. What did she do in there making hyung this happy??

"can you take me to the hotel now? My flight is early morning tomorrow" She said to me as she enters the lift. I am still too shocked that i can't reply and simply following her into the lift.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Sajangnim" She bowed and give hyung her sweetest smile. YG hyung bowed back and return the smile. I guess he too got affected by her charm. Damn this wicked woman.

As we enter the car, she turns her phone and starts panicking because she seems to forgot to tell her parents that her flights details had changed and her parents went on a frantic search for her. Even SeungHee and HyeMi seems to be searching for her. How do I know this? She basically says all of those information out loud. Pabo.

"eonni" I heard her say.

"yes, i am fine. the traffic was so bad before that I missed the flight. But i already got a substitute flight for tomorrow early morning and the airline gives me an accomodation near Incheon, so dont worry. Please tell my parents not to worry. I'll email them the flight details when i reach the hotel" I eavesdrop on her conversation. Why didn't she told her eonni the truth about her getting a job in YG? Is she ashamed of it??

"the name of the hotel?" She poked me from the back and gives me a signal to tell her the name of the hotel.

"Hyatt Regency" i whisper. Why do i have to whisper anyway? Her being secretive makes me want to join in the fun.

"it's Hyatt Regency eonni.... eh? umm... yea i guess the airline is really kind giving me a 5 star hotel" she tries her best to explain as she goggles her eyes at me. Hey, Dont blame me. I dont book cheap hotel.

She hangs up the phone and let out a loud sigh. I want to asks her if she is okay or need any help but instead...

"YA! did you stripped in front of YG hyung? is that why he was so happy when he finish interview you?" . What did i just say? 

"Don't worry. We were only talking about how you cried and asking for your mom during your first year of training." She answered casually.

F---! how could hyung tells her THAT?!

"YA! I was stressed out from school and pressure from the seniors, okay!" I can feel my face becomes hotter. She shrugged her shoulders as if saying 'i dont really care' and go back looking outside the window.

I cant help but to take a peek at her once in a while as the car zooming to the hotel. I dont know how many times i have to describe her beauty but a girl like this is extremely rare. She is now a YG Music Engineer and she will help me with the album. Stupidly, as i think about it, i can't help but to smile. Why do i like the idea of her working with me so much when she is the hardest woman I've ever dealt with?! Sometimes, i forgot about YoungBae and let my mind imagine freely of what could happen if there's me, her, and an empty room. But for now, I need to be friends with her so that i can wrap up BigBang's possible songs quicker, whatever it takes.