The Party

Little Thing Called L

It has been 2 days passed since BigBang concert and I added 10 new pages in my paper that simply describing the concert from the point of view of a music engineer. Well, at least i try to. Its really hard to not be subjective writing about them as i love the band dearly. My sister still cant stop gushing about how TaeYang was staring at her for a few second and how he was stripped half in front of her. To be honest, i had a feeling that TaeYang was looking at me instead of my sister. But then again, the stage was too far that he can look at anyone around us and it seems that he is staring at us. Surely, when he stared at our direction, i can see his eyes shaking. As if he's being struck by something scary or something great. What i pity the most is that G-Dragon didnt go to our part as much as the rest of the members. Maybe because there is something weird with his leg as he seems like limping sometimes and yet still pretend that he is fine. This has been a great week. I get to see BigBang live, and my paper is going steadily. If i go in this rate, I'd be finish 2 week earlier that the due date! I guess this is what happen if you enjoy what you are doing that you tend to forgot the time and how much work you put. Suddenly my phone rings and an unknown number came up. I hate this. I hate answering unknown number. But something tells me that i need to answer it. So i picks it up and answers.

"Cheryl speaking" I said.

"Hi, This is Lee BeongYeong" He answered with a korean accent.

"Hi, can i help you?" I asks. This is weird. I dont know many korean except my family.

"Yeah, i am BigBang's manager and i would like to invite you to our after party at XX club tonight after the last concert ends." His answer stunned me. Is he joking? There is no way that BigBang would invite me to an after party. How stupid can he be thinking that i could be easily fooled?

"are you joking?" i automatically answered.

"neh? no. of course not! listen, i am kind of busy but someone asked me to do this for him so here i am calling. if you want to come, come and use my name. if you dont then its ok. i have to go. thank you for answering the call. Annyeonghaseyo" and just like that he hang up the phone.

I stunned for i dont know how long. What the hell is this? What should i do? I mean i dont want to be fooled but if this is real i dont want to miss the opportunity either. Does this mean that my poster works? I guess it is. I hope it is. You know what, i'll just come to the XX club tonight and if its false then i can quickly go home. simple. i should drive too so i can quickly leave if im being fooled. My heart racing as i make my decision.


It is 11.30 at night and i already told mom that i have my friends birthday party at XX club and i'll be leaving at night. So here i am in front of the mirror checking my self out. i decide to wear something simple. i dont want to overdress in case i was being fooled. I am wearing my True Religion Dark Indigo jeans and white American Apparell loose top. I put on my most comfortable Jeffrey Campbell heels and take out my D&G clutch and check my self out in front of the mirror for the last time. I should look at least presentable regardless of this being real or not.

As i get on my yellow Beetle, i can feel my heart racing. All day i have been preparing with what happen if i was being fooled, but what if it is true? what if i get to see BigBang in this so-called after party? i control my breath and open the car window. i cant hyperventilate now. i need to focus. I put on the XX Club address on my GPS and turn on the engine. I can feel my car moving forward as my head swirl in confusion.

The club does not seem very hip from the outside but the securities surrounds it making me slightly believe Lee ByeongYeong claim. I stepped closer to see the girl that holds the paper and pen and seems to be wearing a skirt but she simply pull it up to be a tube dress as it is far too short for it to be called a dress. I look around and i can see people's faces are anxious to get in. The line to get in is far too long and if i have to wait from the back, then count me out. I try to contain myself from asking whether BigBang is inside or not as i dont want to sound stupid but i overheard a girl talking to her friends on the phone saying "they're already inside! Jamie told me that she saw them get in from the back door! hurry up and get your here!" So it is true? BigBang is really inviting me?

"can i help you?" The dress-too-short girl asked me as she eyeing me from top to bottom as if saying 'what the hell are you standing here for, ?'

"i'm here with invitation from Lee ByeongYeong" i answered confidently trying to shake off the judgement from her eyes. It backfired.

"YOU know Lee ByeongYeong?!" she answered as she scoffs me off as if im lying.

"yes. can you just simply called him up tell him that Cheryl is here? i promised him i'd come" I pretended to be close with this Lee ByeongHyeong guy to boost my confidence and get rid of this y girl.

"Hi Lee-shii, i got this girl called Cheryl in the front and she said you invited her? should i tell her to leave?" she is using the walkie talkie to get in contact with the people inside and her eyes doesnt stop eyeing me.

I can see her eyes getting big as she seems surprised from the answer she get from the other end of the walkie talkie and she went to one of the bouncer. The bouncer take off the rope that stops me from getting in and said "Welcome, miss. Let me take you to the VIP Room".

The club is like a typical club with its dark surrounding and loud music. The bouncer guide me through until we reach a room with a dark glass door. From outside, i can see the lights and shadows of people. My heart skips a beat when the bouncer opens the door infront of me. The first my eye caught was SeungRi who greets me warmly.

"Annyeonghaseyo" he cheerfully said. i can smell slight Tequila from his breath.

"A-a-annyeonghaseyo" i tried to let out a sound but i think it sounded more like a rat shierking.

His smile becomes bigger as he heard my asnwer. He starts speaking in a quick korean to me and as i have very limited korean vocab, i can only answer "i'm sorry, i dont speak korean well" and with that i can see his face fall. He tried to compose himself and making a gesture of inviting me to sit down. As i sit down, SeungRi is gone. I guess he gets intimidated due to the fact that he cant communicate with me well.

I soon realise who else around me. At the end of the sofa that im sitting on is TaeYang. He is busy playing with his phone. TOP is in the sofa to my left enjoying his wine as he closes his eyes while G-Dragon is the total opposite. He is dancing in the small dance floor in the room with DaeSung and few more people. They dance stupidly while the girls around them are giggling and trying their best to flirt. I found SeungRi after i look through the whole room. He is standing in the bar talking to a girl and it seems that he is buying that girl a drink.

Wow. Am i dreaming? i am inside a freaking VIP room with BigBang members partying away. A girl offered me a drink and with a sniff, i can smell a strong Black Label smell with just a hint of coke. I take a sip to ease my tension. What should i do? Do they invite me here to flirt? To be those groupies that can be used for a night and forever forgotten? I'm not that type of girl. I dont even have any intention of having relationship with them (considering how small the possibly is). I'm simply interested in the music and my pride is to high for me to beg them for attention.

As time goes, it is soon becoming more awkward for me. Everyone seems to be drunk and here i am don't even know how to communicate. Should i go home? would i look completely ungrateful and rude if i leave early?

I decide to stay at the end, so here I am sitting quietly and playing with the ice in my drink not knowing what to do...



I am too tired to even play with JiYong and DaeSung in the dance floor. It amazes me how they still have the strength to play after 3 concerts in a row. i guess thats what happen if you are gulp yourself with enough alcohol. i play around with my phone so i dont look stupid as others got their stuff to do. I felt something sits on the sofa that i am sitting but i cant be bother to look. Its either SeungRi too tired flirting around or some random girls trying to flirt with me.

Its been a while and the person next to me doesnt move nor say anything. it makes me curious. i look to my right and i feel like my eyes are fooling me. Its a girl. no, its THE GIRL. The girl that has been filling my head for 3 days since the first time my eyes locked with hers. She wears the simple-est white top that flung perfectly on her body, a black heels that elongates her legs, and she had her hair draped around her shoulder.

She seems to be uncomfortable sitting there by herself holding a glass of Black Label not knowing what to do. She hides half of her face with her long hair but i can still see her sparkling eyes and lovely sets of lips. What do i do now? Why is she here anyway? , i should've actually listen whenever the guys are teaching me how to talk to girls. Now here i am gaping for air trying to find a way to talk to the girl. Ok, here goes nothing.

"Hi" i let out a weird sound out of my mouth.

I can see she is shocked when she finds out that its me who is talking.

"are you talking to me?" she asked.

She is too cute i cant help but smile. i scoot myself closer to her so we can talk easily without the need to shout over this loud music.

"of course im talking to you. My name is YoungBae" i tried to look calm and offered my hand to introduce myself.

"oh.. i'm Cheryl" She answered and shaking my hands. My heart beats faster when our skin touches. I cant help myself blushing. Thank God for this dark light, if not, it'd be too obvious.

"i dont mean to be rude, but why are you here? you get invitation?" I asked her curiously and trying not to hurt her feelings. and she laughed. She let out the most beautiful laugh as it is carefree and sounds so sweet in my ear.

"i think SeungRi invited me. But once he find out i can't speak korean well, he dumped me" She answered between her laughs and pretended to pout at the end. Did i mentioned how cute she is? I cant stop staring.

"But your english is perfect!" she said complementing me. i think she noticed i stare far too intently.

"Oh well, i learn English more now and SeungRi only learn his Japanese. I guess he thought you can speak korean considering you were holding a poster with hangeul words on it during our concert" i said without filtering anything. I can't help it. When she is around, i dont think i can control any words that come out of my mouth.

"my poster? you remembered?" she tilted her face in confusion.

. do i sound like a ert now because i remember her poster clearly when the concert is already 2 days passed? I shouldnt remember this twivial matter, should i? what should i say now?

"are you ok?" she asked looking concern. i guess my face look too shock that she is worried. 

We talked for the rest of the night without realizing the time. What interests me is the fact that she asks question that has nothing to do with our fame. She seems to be more interested in our music and how we make them. I don't encounter many girls like this. Now this, this is intriguing. We talked about Usher, N.E.R.D, Jay Z, Will.I.Am and a lot more hiphop artists. Apparently she is a student majoring in music engineering and business in music. i knew she is a smart girl even before she is telling me this. the way her talk and knowing musical terms, i know i can get along well with her. i can sense that SeungHyun is staring at us but i dont want to think about it as i am to emerse with my conversation with the girl. She is funny, witty and incredibly smart. I never knew a girl can be this perfect. Manager-hyung came and ruined my night. He told us that we need to leave as our flight is at 9AM and it is already 3AM. i dont want to stop my conversation with her. SeungHyun hyung passed and whispered me something so only I can hear.

"get her phone number" he whispered and smile to Cheryl. He walked out the door following the bouncer. I think he is drunk and he wants to sleep quickly.

As she gets up preparing herself to leave, i let out a question.

"can i have your phone number?" i slipped without my control.

"eh? um... i think your manager already has it" she answered my question with an answer so obvious making me feel so dumb.

"I'll get going first then, YoungBae-shii. I dont want the rest iVIPs find out that i'm here" She said as she hold out her hand for goodbye.

"right. I hope i can see you again" again, i slipped out things in my head without filtering. and she giggled. oh what a sweet sound.

"Anyeonghaseyo" she bowed and flash me the prettiest smile i've seen. i cant help myself to stare as she went out the door.

We are already in the car but here i am still grinning stupidly remembering the short moment i had with Cheryl. SeungHyun hyung, JiYong and DaeSung sleep as soon as we get on the car. SeungRi staring at me and at last he speaks whats in his head.

"Hyung~ you better find a way to thank me, ok?" he said and adds a wink. Trust SeungRi to make everything about him but i am too happy to be bother about his comment so i simply get back to my day-dreaming as i look out at the dark road as the car moves us back to the hotel.