The Contract

Little Thing Called L

 

Cheryl just left me with her eonnie after she got a call and rushed to the office, saying that she got an emergency. . It must’ve been JiYong. I bet he knows about my plan and he called her to take her away from me. My mood has been splendid tonight, but got ruin because of JiYong. I thought I made it clear that Cheryl is mine, then why is he keeps on bothering! I hates it when someone is trying to claim what is rightfully mine!

“Umm… TaeYang-ssi, gwaencanayo? I can walk home by myself; you don’t have to take me. Gamsahabnida for the food, annyeonhaseyo” HyeMi’s voice wakes me up from my thoughts. . I forgot about her. No way I’m going to let her go home alone at night. The area seems to be too dangerous for a girl as pretty as her and I don’t think I want to part ways just yet. Strangely enough, talking to her lifts my mood.

I turn and find her already walking away from me. This is not right!

“Wait up!” I caught up with her and hold her wrist.

“I’ll take you home, don’t worry” I smile reassuringly to her and she stares at me in disbelief.

“Taeyang-ssi, it really is fine. You don’t have to play nice with me anymore, I swear I’ll tell Cheryl that you took me home” she still hesitating. She thinks I want to take her home because of Cheryl?! That reason didn’t even occurred to me until she said it. I’m just enjoying her company and taking her home would mean that I get to spend more time with her.

“Anniyo, a girl shouldn’t walk in this area alone. Its dangerous!” I explain, pretend to be a hero.

“But Taeyang-ssi…” she looks at me with her round innocent eyes “I’ve lived in this neighborhood my whole life. I know everyone here” her explanation makes me feel stupid for being paranoid.

“Ah… jinjja? Um…” I run out excuses to take her home. “Aish! Whatever the reason, I’m taking you home!” My face is blushing red and I walk in front of her instinctively so she doesn’t see my flaming cheeks. I am still holding on her wrist.

We walk silently, me in front of her, holding on to her wrist, and she quietly follows. People occasionally stare at us. I look like a criminal holding on a hostage. I’m wearing my facemask and hoodie, where as she, she simply glows.

“Umm… Taeyang-ssi, my hand is sore now” she finally speaks and it startles me so I let go of her wrist. I didn’t even realize I was holding it this whole time!

I slow down my pace and walk by her side. It feels awkward but nice at the same time. Her presence is warming and comforting and trigger things in my body that I never knew existed. Unknowingly, my heartbeat races.

“Where do you work?” I start the conversation.

“Kim & Chang” she says simply, like it’s not a big deal.

“As what?” I’m surprise. Kim & Chang is the top law firm in Seoul. It’s where smart people go. I read news not so long ago that a guy committed suicide for being rejected an internship.

“I’m an associate, practicing mergers and acquisitions” she answers, nonchalantly.

“WHAT?” I stun and stopping my track. “Isn’t Kim & Chang one of the best law firm?” I confirm. Holy crap she must be a genius!

“Um… yeah…?” she seems weirded out by my action.

“Ah, I’m sorry, I just didn’t think of you as a hotshot lawyer” I embarrass, again.

“What do you see me as?” She now stops too.

“Er… I don’t know. Maybe in fashion?” she can’t blame me for making that judgment, though. She looks chic and fashionable right now, and if I remember correctly, she wore an interesting outfit when we first met.

“Hahaha… really? Wow, that’s nice to hear! It’s nice knowing that I got an approval on my fashion sense from my idol” she laughs. Her laugh is high pitch and soft, matches her small figure.

“Well, yeah…” I scratched my head in embarrassment. “I don’t really know a lot of people from the professional industry. Heck, the only people I know is in the entertainment or fashion industry”

“Really? Well, I don’t know anyone from entertainment or fashion industry, except Cheryl, so I guess we’re even” She smiles. Oh that beautiful smile from that small lips of hers. Her red lipstick makes it even more seductive.

“How about me? Am I not your friend?” Before I can stop myself, my comments come out and I feel stupid and cheesy at the same time.

“Well, you’re Cheryl’s friend and my idol, so I don’t think that could count” she flusters.

“Can’t I be your friend too?” I can’t help it. The way she looks when she’s flustered is too adorable, making me want to more.

“Ah… err… well….” She stammers, completely captivating.

BEEP! BEEP!

“Ya! Get your love scene out of the road!” A middle age man pop out his head out of his truck, scream at us. We stop in the middle of the narrow road and we are blocking the way for cars to go through.

We chuckle and run to the side of the road to let the grumpy man pass through. Because of the narrow road, she moves closer to me when the truck passes by and I can savor her scent straight away. She stands in front of me, and I can smell her heavenly scented hair from the back. The smell is intoxicating and my heart goes into frenzy.

“This is my place” she stops in front of a rustic small gate that can only fit one person to get through.

“Okay, have a good sleep” I say reluctantly. For some weird reason that I still cant put my fingers on, I want to know more about this girl. She entices me in a way that is different than Cheryl and it’s starting to confuse me.

“Gamsahabnida, Taeyang-ssi. Annyeonghijumuseyo” she bows and turns to unlock her gate.

Before she got in, I slip “Can I have your number?”

 


 


 

“Yes, Sajangnim. What about my contract?” I can feel my body tremble. Oh God, I know this job too good to be true but please let me enjoy it a little longer.

“Well…” he seems to carefully choosing his words, like he doesn’t want to hurt me but he needs to. .

“Yes?” I can’t bear the suspense!

“Well, you haven’t signed it!” He breaks out of his cold voice, and now laughing hysterically at me.

“Aigoo, you look like you’re about to cry” He says after he finish with his laughter. His face is full of I-got-you look.

“Sajangnim! That was mean! I really thought that I was going to get kicked out!” I pout

“That’s what you get for tricking me during your interview!” He says, laughing loudly.

Ah, I remember our interview like it was yesterday…

The room was dark and cold and the aura that Yang Hyun Suk gave was intense. He sat behind his desk, without looking at me and busy with his screen. He signaled me to sit and I followed. For the first few minutes, there was silence. He didn’t say a thing. He didn’t even acknowledge me.

Suddenly, a song came out of the surround system that filled this room. The music is intense, thrilling. The woman’s shrieking voice made the song even more chilling. The beat however, is addictive. It changes every time the notes went into minor, makes the mood even darker. After few minutes, it ends.

“What do you think?” Yang Hyun Suk finally speaks up.

“The song is good. It captures the mood well. But… The piano is too dominating. I think if you tone down the sound of the piano and add a cello or a violin, the music will have more level. For the vocal, I think it got blurred because of the beat and I think the beat is the leader of the song, where the vocal should be the main point. Also, the ad-libs should be added on top of the beat to lessen out the effect” I answers without thinking.

He sat silently after I let out my opinion, his eyes pierced into mine. I’d rather hear the song again in the cemetery, than having his eyes punctured to my soul like this.

“Juisonghabnida” I bow instinctively. His expression changes straight away. Puzzled.

“Why are you apologizing?” He asks.

“Well, I tend to voice out my comment without filtering and it can be too overbearing for some people. Especially within the Asian culture.” I explained.

Slowly, I can see his lips tweaked into a smile before he broke down laughing.

“Oh gosh, JiYong was dead-on about you!” He laughed in amusement.

“Sorry, but what did he say about me?” I don’t like it when people talk behind my back.

“He said that you are outspoken and harsh” he said, made me want to kick GD’s face “But he said that you are incredibly smart” Yang Hyun Suk added.

“So, you know why you’re here right?” He leaned forward.

“Umm…” I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t want to sound cocky by telling him that I was sitting there because GD begged me to.

“Using YG’s name, he wants to sue you for defamation. He feels that you tarnished his reputation in front of your friends and his colleague. We would only settle for at least 5,600,000.00 won” his face was deadpan serious.

“WHAT?!” I almost fell off my seat in shock and straightaway, Yang Hyun Suk laughing uncontrollably again.

“Ommo…I can’t do this… my tummy is hurting from too much laughing” He said while holding on to his tummy, still giggling. I can only let out a loud sigh. I can’t believe the Great YG Papa is a joker like this.

“Alright, lets get serious” he fixed his seat and looked at me straight in the eye. “Your answer astounds me. I was skeptical when JiYong gushed about how good you are, but now I am convinced. He needs assistance, and we are low on one. With your straightforward-ness and brilliance, I am certain that you will be a great addition to our team and will be a great help for JiYong. Welcome to YG Entertainment” He held out his hand to me for a formal handshake.

I changed my position and lounging comfortably on the chair. “What makes you think I want to join your company? Never had I said during our meeting that my intention was to be working under you” I scoffed.

He quickly intimidated and his eyes widen. His lips parted in disbelieved and he muttered unintelligent words that are barely audible. I can’t hold it anymore and I let out my most satisfied laughter.

“Aigoo… two can play at that game, Hyun Suk-ssi” I wink playfully.

“Whoa… I didn’t expect that at all! That was good!” he joined me, laughing.

“I would love to work in this amazing building, sir” I smiled, serious this time.

“Hahaha… I like you, Cheryl-ssi. I think you can go a long way in this business” he returned my smile with a warm fatherly gaze.

“Sajangnim! You started it first!” I protests and he is laughing again.

“So, the contract is for 3 years, but it is renewable. If you like working here, and the company and you still have the same goal and vision, we will extend it. The contract doesn’t state your limitation on who you can work with, because I think you will be able to handle all of our artists. However, the contract does state that for the first quarter, you will work exclusively with Kwon Ji Yong unless your service is no longer needed for the album. If you decide to leave the company within the 3-year period, you can only do so after the entire project has been completed. YG Entertainment has the right to terminate your contract any time if you breach our company policy. Other than that, the contract is similar to any other contract. Sick leave and all.” He spread the pages of the contract across the table so I can scan through all.

“You know, even if you put in the contract that I have to sleep in the studio, I’d still sign it!” I grab a pen eagerly and sign on every x’s.

“Aigoo… that’s really sweet of you to say. You enjoy working so far?” He asks as he collects all of the signed papers.

“So much! It’s only been a few days but I learned so much and everyone here is so amazing! People are so warm and welcoming” I gush and he smiles his fatherly smile at me.

“We don’t call our self YG Family for nothing” he boasts. “How about working with JiYong?” he sounds curious.

“Its fine” I don’t know what else to say. I can’t tell him that I got shivers, butterfly and sweating excessively when I work with GD.

“What's wrong? Did he terrorize you?” He tries to fish out information as he gives me a copy of the contract.

“No, not terrorizing. More like intimidating” I answer honestly.

“He’s a good kid. He’s just too hardworking” Sajangnim tries to cheer me up and pats my shoulder.

“Sajangnim, your meeting at HongDae is in 15 minutes” His secretary speaks through the speakerphone, making him jumps.

“Cheryl, we’ll talk again some time later okay? Aish I’m so busy these days I haven’t got time to relax. I even only has time to talk about the contract with you late at night like this” He seems flustered and looks around for something.

“Arraso, sajangnim. I’ll be going then. Annyeonghigaseyo~” I bows and head to the door.

I made my way to the cafeteria. It’s late but I feel exhausted after dashing to the office so I try to rummage some vitamin drinks out of the fridge. The cafeteria is dark but as soon as enter the place, I notice a guy sitting limblessly in the corner. His head is down. He looks miserable.

“GD?” I approach him carefully. He looks like he’s going to break. After a minute, he finally looks up to me, with his eyes full of angst and pain.

 

 




ANNYEONGHASEYO YEOROBUN!! ^ ^

Aigoo, this is my THIRD update for this week kekeke i hope you guys like it!!

I feel that if comments come, I need to write. So, please do leave a comment guys!! :D

I put down the interview with YG story here because I remember beloved_yulvhie wanted to know about the meeting... kekeke

So, what do you think about YoungBae liking HyeMi?

Anyway, again, GAMSAHABNIDA READERS! :)