The Attitude

Little Thing Called L

I saw YoungBae eyes. They say eyes don’t lie, and I am sure as hell that his is not. When he noticed where my hands were in Cheryl’s wrist, his emotion dropped completely. I know that he would realize my feelings by now. Andwae. I can’t let my brother hurt. I should stick to my path, and stay away from Cheryl. I’d rather feel the pain that letting my brother hurt.

Besides, I don’t think Cheryl would choose me, if she has the choice. Dong YoungBae or Kwon JiYong. The innocent-never-dated, lovable YoungBae, or the strict, full-of-scandal, JiYong. Every respectful girl should know what to choose.

I walk back into the common room with a guilty conscience eating me up. I need to explain myself better to YoungBae so he wouldn’t hate me.

When I arrived in the room, everyone is looking at me, especially, Cheryl. Her stare is cold as ice. The winter had passed, but why is it so cold here? It seems that she was in a middle of a sentence when I walk in and it stops her from finishing it. After a beat, she turns to face the members again.

“I have to go. I got an appointment at the salon. Its nice to finally meet you guys. I hope we can meet again soon” her voice is stern, shocks everyone. Giving no time for the members to responds, she quickly leaves.

“mwoya~ I was about to get to know her better” DaeSung complains.

“isn’t she hot, hyung??” SeungRi ecstatic.

“ne~ jjinja yappeuno” DaeSung replies as they all get back seated on the sofa, leaving me and YoungBae standing near the entrance like a fool.

“why the weird atmosphere?” SeungHyun realize that something is wrong between YoungBae and I.

“ah anniyo” YoungBae pretends and joins them and I follow suit.


I am sitting anxiously in my studio waiting for Cheryl to come. Today is workday and we have no option but to see to each other. I prepare myself for that gush of testosterone that comes with every time I see her. I need to be able to handle myself better and be a good friend to YoungBae. I need to settle my heart.

The door open and she comes in. She wears the cutest hip-hop attire, all in black and white with a black cap to add. As always, seeing her making my heart quivers and my brain wont let me stop looking. Without looking at me, she drops her bag on the sofa behind me and then dragging a chair to sit next to me.

“So, what’s the song now?” she says coolly, folding her arm. What the heck?! Was everything that happened last weekend only imaginary?!

“um…. Well… um…” her coolness caught me off-guard and I fail to find words to answer her question.

“wae? No song to work on today?” This is the first time she actually looks at me since she got in. the way she peeks from under her cap is too adorable.

“a-a-anniyo. There are” I still struggle to settle my head.

“Well? Show it to me then. We don’t have a whole year” She says, in a domineering tone, rolling her eyes at me.

This is Cheryl that I first met. This is the one that shouts at me in the airport. This is the one that belittle me in front of YG hyung’s office. As a guy with pride as big as the universe, I want to kick this girl’s guts for it.

I sneered at her, not knowing what to respond at her sudden change of attitude, and turn on the audio to let her hear the blueprint.

After the song ended, I waited, not dare to look, for her response. This cold chic version of Cheryl, how would she work?

She exhales loudly and tilts her head to look at me. I stay still, looking at the screen, not daring myself to look back at her. Somehow, annoying as it can be, she is quite daunting when she is like this.

Suddenly she moves her hands to the mixer and starts playing with it.

“YA!” no one can touch my music and my equipment without my permission!

“What?!” she seems surprise.

“What are you doing!” I instinctively pull her hands away from my mixer.

“Editing your music!” she, too, rising her tone. “I’m YG’s Music Engineer, remember?! Its my job to touch on your song!” She says, holding her YG ID badge in front of me, making me feel extremely stupid.

“Oh. Right.” I feel like a kid being reprimanded. “Don’t do it suddenly like that. Discuss it with me first”

“Ah its too burdensome to talk about it first. It’ll take too long. Its too much” she says, back playing with my mixer and my song.

“YA! Do you think my song is that bad that it needs THAT much editing?!” I shout again. How dare she?!

“YA! EASE DOWN YOUR TONE! JOGEULLAE?!” she now stops playing with the mixer and looks at me, shouting back at me.

The tension between us is intense as we both staring at each other with full anger in our eyes. She touched my mixer without my consent, she made me feel stupid, she shouted and widen her eyes at me and now, she uses banmal?! Whoa. I don’t know how annoyed I am right now. Maybe on scale 1 to 10, it would be 10000.
She breaks our eye-staring-contest moment and plays with the mixer again. I widen my eyes in disbelief. Didn’t she hear what I’ve shouted at her a second ago?! Remember me saying that she is an angel? Can we backtrack that, erase it and pretend it never happens?

“Just sit back and be a good song writer, and let me do my job and be the best ing music engineer” She seems to notice that I stare at her.

I swear if I don’t need her, I would break her ID badge into pieces and kick her out. But I do need her. And she’s hot. So, I slump into my chair, fold my arms, and pouted, to show my resentment towards this method of editing.

She spent a full hour busy editing my music, leaving me out of it. I walk around the studio, play with my phone, or play with my laptop to pass the time. I want to join in the editing so badly but her stare scares me. When the first 15 minutes passed, I peeked in from behind her to see what she’s doing but she turned to me and gave me the most agonizing stare I’ve seen since YG hyung’s, so I decide to refrain myself from doing it again.

“Ahh… DONE!” she sits back and stretches her arms.

“Turn it on speaker 4 and 5. I swear if this is not good….” I try to threaten her, so that she doesn’t think that I am scared of her.

“What?” She turns her chair and look at me with frightening stare. “What happens if it’s not good?”

“Anniyo” I cowardly give in. She smiled, contented, and turns her chair around again to turn on the song. I can’t believe I’m losing to this girl! Me?! The mighty Kwon Ji Yong?! The leader of the top Korean group?! The freaking G-Dragon?! , if anyone knows this, where would I hide my face?? I violently scratch my head in distress but stop as soon as the song starts.

3 minutes and 48 seconds. That is all the time she needs to astound me. I know she’s good, but I don’t think she would be without my assistance. I think she made a full use of all of those effects available. While I listened to the song, I smiled every time there’s a part that she edited. This song is great! It was good then, but now, its awesome!

“This song is now complete” I couldn’t hide my happiness so I come closer to her and pat her shoulder.

“Pfft. And you doubted me an hour ago.” She says.

“Ya! Cant you just take the complement?”

“You didn’t complement me. You simply stating that the song is done” she said matter-of-factly.

“Fine” I sigh, and again give in. “Cheryl-ah, you are amazing” I lower my self so that I can be at her eye level. She turns her head to look at me, and instantly, our face is only inches away. My heart stops. My brain freezes. My whole body stiffens.

I’ve never seen her this close, but I never thought the effect would be as fierce as this. She simply cut down all the ropes that I’ve been hanging on to keep myself away from falling for her deeper. I feel like diving in her beautiful deep eyes, rolls on her sweet luscious lips, and bathe in her sweet scent. The effect she has on me is immeasurable and I fall. Fall deeper than I thought I could. I want to grab her head and pressed my lips onto hers.

“Gomawo-yo” She turns her head and began playing with her fingers. I can see her blushed cheeks.

I straighten myself up and try to control my heartbeat. I can’t believe I just let myself fall. After all that plan of protecting YoungBae, I blew it up by thinking of kissing her. I need to endure this. Its going to be a tough road but it’s the only road available.

“Ya! Isn’t there other songs that we need to work on?” The domineering Cheryl is back.

“There is. But I haven’t finish putting them in together. Let me combine them first” I sit next to her and start my editing.

She sits silently next to me while playing with her phone. She seems to be texting. She giggles every now and then and every time I hear it, my heart skip a beat. It’s hard to focus on my job when she’s sitting right next to me, giggling like a schoolgirl. I want to know what makes her laugh like this so that I can make her giggle too. No. I shouldn’t. Damn it.

“Ah mwoya~” her voice sounds sad.

“Wae?” I couldn’t help but care.

“YoungBae oppa promised me to have late lunch, but suddenly he cancels. He said he’s busy” her voice sounds hopeless.

Ah, the pain. She was texting with YoungBae this whole time and now she is sad that she couldn’t spend time with him this afternoon. So YoungBae is the one that makes her giggle like that. Not me. I was the one that shouts at her and getting into fights with her. Isn’t obvious who she would pick, if she has the choice?

Do I have the right to be jealous? I can’t help but feel it, though. She is sitting right next to me, but she is texting and laughing with another guy. Since debut days, I’ve never had girls impassive towards my presence, especially if it was only a girl and I in a room. Girls usually squeal, smile, playing with their hair or simply staring at me. But this girl, she has me in her palm, and yet she seems oblivious that I actually exist. She is stomping on my ego, and I don’t think she knows it.

“We can go have lunch” I say, looking at the screen to hide my hopeful eyes.

“Anniyo. I already made plan with my friend.” She says, still playing with her phone.

“DODAECHE?! You just said that you had plan with YoungBae and he cancels!” I look at her, almost angry. Is she just making excuses to say no to me?

“Yes I did, but a second ago my friend texted me asking for lunch and I said yes” she says, looking innocent. How can you stay angry to eyes like that?

“nugu?” I sound like a jealous boyfriend.

“JongHoon-oppa” she says simply.

“JongHoon?? Our JongHoon?? The dancer??” I can’t believe my ears.

She nods.

“Since when are you friends with him??” Now I REALLY sounds like a jealous boyfriend.

“Since last Saturday, when you ditched me. I walk around the office and met him. Why? You don’t like your music engineer befriended your dancer?” Her sentence is like a spear to my heart. It reminds me of how cold I had to be when she called the other day and how hurt I actually am to have to do that to her. I can’t be jealous towards JongHoon, he companies her when I was being an to her.

“eonje?” I calm my tone down.

“well, he asks me now, but if we are not yet finish….” She trails off.

“Go. Don’t worry. You don’t have to be here for this process anyway. Say hi to him for me” I sound despondent.

“Well… do you want to come?” she sounds uncertain.

“No, I’m fine” I know she doesn’t want me to, and her offer is merely out of sympathy.

“Alright” she bright up and starts to gather her things.

“annyeonghigaseyo~” she says before she close the door, leaving me in this room alone.

I take out my phone, planning to call someone to grab some lunch when I realize that there is a message from DaeSung not long ago.

 

From: 대성

Hyung, eodieyo?
Lets have lunch! ^ ^

 

Perfect timing! I grab by sunglasses, my wallet and my car key and head straight to the carpark.

 

Reply To: 대성

Where are you?
I’ll come meet you

 

From: 대성

At 을지면옥, hyung~


I put 177-1 Yipjung-dong, Jung-gu in my GPS as I settle my seat belt.


From: 대성

Should we order naengmyeon for you?


I reply as I drive.

 

Reply To:대성

Ne~


The place is quiet because it’s a working day and its already pass lunch time so I walk in without any worry of fans. The waiters notice me straight away and two of them approach me happily.

“G-Dragon ssi, please let me take you to the table” both of them blush and giggling as they lead me the way. See, this is how girls suppose to react towards me, not impassive and condescending like Miss Music Engineer! But, why is my heart wanting the cold, snobby lady?

I see DaeSung sitting in front of a guy with a black cap and hoodie that resembles YoungBae. He’s here?? Isn’t he supposed to be so busy that he has to ditch Cheryl??

 




k k k ^ ^ because imag2thed said that there were little details on JiYong and Cheryl, i made this chapter especially for them and make it more fun because i think the previous chapters are too dark ;p

anyway, please leave a comment if you guys enjoy the story!! i love it when i got that "new comments" thing pop up! :)