The Truth

Little Thing Called L

 

I stood still, in front of the wooden door. My hand is on the handle, still debating mentally whether I should twist it open or not. My basic instinct is what drives me here now. They say YoungBae is not going out with her and I rush my way to find her. But then again, so what if they’re not dating? That doesn’t mean she wants me.

I remember that time when she visited and I had to evict her from my parents’ property before she even set foot in the house. I didn’t know back then that she wasn’t YoungBae’s and I did what I had to do as a man with a broken heart. But still that does not justify my actions. I was rude, and she might hate me now, if not already.

I finally found my guts and open the door slightly. The door creeks softly and I curse under my breath for the lack of oil on this door’s joint. The lighting is slightly dimmer than I remember, though the last time I was here was couple of months ago. The room is silent, as if no one is inside. But I know she is here from the alluring smell of lily and honey that tickles my nose. I turn towards the computer and I spot her; the living angel.

She has her head resting on top of her folded arms, on the table in front of the computer. Her hair covers her back and part of her face. Her breath is even, signalling a peaceful sleep. Through strands of her hair, I can still see her face. Her face is still beautiful as ever, but it’s looks even more tired that it was weeks ago. Her skin is pale like she hasn’t had any proper dose of sunlight.

I walk and lean in closer, trying my best not to make a sound, to see what is showing in the computer screen. It seems like she’s working on a song. A completely new song as the date says it was all recorded today. I check on the track to see how far she got, and it intrigues me how it already has a vocal and instruments recorded. I check the measurements, bar, and beat of the song. I even check the compressor, noise gate and all other effects to make sure that this song is something that I’ve never heard.

I look around to find a way to listen to her song without disturbing her sleep. I saw the Beats by Dr. Dre headphone of hers next to her elbow. I reach out to the earphone without touching the slightest thing on her and plug it into the computer. My move is slow but steady to minimize any sound that my actions make because I don’t want her to find out that I am being a creep for listening to her song secretly. I changed the output so that the song won’t blast in the audio when I turn it on before I carefully press play.

The song starts with a slow and soft sound. Acoustic melody of acoustic guitar and piano fills my ear and I can feel like I’m being drawn to the music. The music starts softly, warming your soul but it gradually turns into something more dark and demanding. A soprano and soulful voice starts her poetry as the song progresses. Her voice filled with angst and sorrow but also covered with plenty of love and longing. This song is about the story of a woman’s desire for a man’s cold heart. My head starts to fill with her image, her laugh, her smile and her warmth that I could not get. This song is about me. I let myself being pulled in by the record before it slowly drifts off to an end and bringing me softly to reality.

I turn to the girl who sleeps soundlessly next to me. She never says anything about making music, she never says anything about playing instrument, she never says anything about being vocally trained and yet she managed to blow me away again without her even trying. I don’t see why she never mentioned her talent before. With talent like this, she shouldn’t be hiding in the background! I look at the sleeping beauty in admiration when her eyes start to flicker. I panic and look around to conceal my crime scene. She doesn’t give me much time to hide the evidence as her eyes bolt opens in a second and she caught me panicking.

“GD?” She squints her eye at me and I stop at my track.

“Annyeong” I greet, in an awkward position with her headphone still on my head and my leg reach out the door preparing myself for a sprint if she blows up. The screen shows a notification that it was done playing the song and my hand is trying to reach out to the mouse to close it.

“What are you doing?” She looks at me then down at my hands then to the mouse and ultimately onto the screen. Panic struck her in an instant.

“WHAT THE HELL!! GIVE IT BACK!!!” She stands up and snatches her headphone from my ear, making me wince from the fraction. She closes her song quickly, making me retort in fear.

“It was a great song…” I mumble as I walk backwards, away from the erupting volcano.

“Shut up! Don’t lie like that to me!” She scolds without looking at me as she checks the computer.

“I’m serious!” I defense myself. I never lie about music!

“It’s still far from yours” She says with a softer tone, calming down. She seems to like to underestimate her own talent.

I tap my chin, pretend to think, before I look at her again and lift my right eyebrow. I tease, “That’s true” making her glares at me.

She shuts down the computer after saving her song in her flash disk, and turn off the speaker to banned me from ever hearing her song again.

“What are you doing here, anyway?” She finally turns at me and place her hands on her hips. This dominating little girl, she’s too cute for her health.

“I work here, remember?” I knock her forehead lightly and she quickly covers it with both her hands. Her lips pout, as if inviting me for a taste. Oh God, how I’d kill to have a taste.

Her eyebrows wrinkled. “I thought you’re still enjoying your solitude”

“My solitude is here. My parents’ home was some kind of a torture chamber. It’s a place where I am far from my music and everyday being forced to stay at home doing nothing. If that’s not hell, I don’t know what is. I’ve paid my dues, and at last I can be home” I gesture the rest of the room, smiling.

“Pft.” She sneers. She turns around and grabs her bag and belongings, putting them carelessly into her red Mulberry Alexa.

“Where are you going?!” I hold her arm instinctively but she still doesn’t buldge and resumes on packing up. I just got here! How dare her leave me!

“Out” She answers. Her head turns to me and her eyes depict innocence. “You don’t like it when I’m around, so I’ll give you your solitude” She continues.

“What?! Since when did I say I don’t like you around?!” I yell. Where the hell did she get the idea from?! The thought of losing her made me lose my head the last months and yet she thinks that I don’t like having her around me??! How absurd can this be!

She turns on her heels, facing me. Our body is so close that I can feel her heat all over my body making me freeze. “Since you never showed up.” She says simply, looking into my eyes. I feel like being slapped in the face by her words.

It’s true. I’ve never seen her since few months and I’ve neglected her. I thought that was the best. I thought that it was what everyone wants. Now here I am, not knowing what to say. She left me speechless.

“I’ll be going then” She grabs her bag and drapes it on her shoulder, after noticing my silence. She reaches the door when the words glide through my lips, uncencored.

“Don’t go”

“What?” She turns.

“I said, don’t go.” I look at her, begging with my eyes. My heart races so fast that I can hear it in my ear.

“Why?” She stays on her spot with her hand still firm on the door handle.

“Because….” I drift off. I don’t know how I can explain it to her without admitting my feelings. I don’t know how I can apologize without telling her the true story. I can’t tell her those things now though; I don’t want to chase her away from my craziness.

“We don’t have all day.” She folds her arms on her chest and taps her foot, showing impatience.

“Because I don’t want to be alone” I answer quickly, hoping that she takes it.

She tilts her head, “Then ask YoungBae oppa or the others to company you”

“I don’t want to” I shake my head vigorously, pouting my lips in the process.

She lets out a big sigh, “And why is that?” She seems annoyed at my childishness and my vague anwser.

I take out a deep breath to calm my nerves, ease my heartbeat and to let me answer this one question from her with all my truthfulness.

 

“Because they’re not you.”




Hey guys!

Here you go! 

Sorry for the short one.. i can actually go on but i like to end it like this :p

Anyway, as always, i would love for some SUBSCRIBErs and COMMENTs please!! ^ ^

Gamsahabnida everyone! 

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!