The Contact

Little Thing Called L

I wake up at 10AM with a blank head. What just happened last night? Was it real? Me? Partying with BigBang and talking comfortably with TaeYang? is this real? i look at my wrist and there is still the bracelet that indicates that i am allowed to get into the VIP area. That night goes with a blur as it simply doesnt seems to be real. I watched SeungRi flirts, TOP enjoying different types of wines, DaeSung and G-Dragon dancing stupidly on the dance floor. What surprise me the most is that i spent the whole night talking with TaeYang about their music, his solo music, his interest in regards to music, and his inspirations. I learnt more about them through our conversation and i am certain that our conversation is best if I put them into my paper. But, do i cross the line if i write stuff without the person's consent?

He even asks for my number and wishes that we would meet again! Damn. i thought he is the shy one in the band. He talks smoothly the whole night and very straight forward with everything. i guess what they say about him being shy and has no experience with girls are not true. I got shocked when my door suddenly opens.

"Chae, where were you last night?" Ashanty asked with a suspicious eye.

"my friend's birthday. why?" i dont want anyone to know what happened last night. i'd hate it if i get the lime light because of this. 

"You sure? well, apparently BigBang had their after party in the XX Club last night and some people gets a glimpse of them" Ashanty explained. i almost spill the water that i just drink.

"really? cool." i answered pretend everything is ok.

"where is the birthday party?" Ashanty can't stop her interrogation.

"At XY Club. why are you interrogating me?!" i just need her to leave to stable my heart rate.

"oh nothing. i thought you went to XX Club. i saw your poster the other day and u seem to put ur phone number on it. i thought BigBang might call you to invite you to the party. But i know i know it is far too stupid, isn't? There is no chance they would call you. would they?" Ashanty hits the bulleye making me even more nervous and my hands are completely soaked by my own sweat.

"are you hallucinating? there is no way BigBang would call me because of that! now, are you done interrogating me? i need to do my paper!" i tried my best to stop my voice from shaking. My sister should be a detective. She is far too good at concluding situations.

"right. i know." She closed the door with a relieved face.

That's it. There is no way I put whatever happened last night in my paper. Even my sister almost kill me just because she thought i went. imagine the rest of the iVIPs if they know what happened to me last night. i probably be a dead meat by the end of the week if this information leaked out.


Couple of weeks had passed since i last party with BigBang. My paper is getting better as i decide to put what TaeYang said to me but i changed the name and situation. I pretended that it was one of the road crew that told me this after the concert finish. Ashanty told me that BigBang had conclude their world concert and gone back to Korea yesterday. I cant imagine how tired they are after partying all night with their fans for few weeks straight.

My phone vibrates on the table, I automatically pick it up and notice that it is a SMS from an overseas number. i opened it and i got the biggest shock of my life.

 

From: +82 6786 6779

 

Hi Cheryl-shii,

This is YoungBae. Not sure if you still remember,

but we were talking all night when we, BigBang, had our after-concert party.

As you told me then, i could get your number from my manager, right? so here i am messaging you.

We just arrived in Korea now, so, this is my number.

Anyway, how are you?

 

-Young Bae

 

I stoned as i look at the screen of my phone. WHAT THE HELL?! is this real??? TaeYang sends me a freaking SMS?? i quickly check my cousin's phone number to see whether they have the same area code since my cousin also lives in Korea. And just adding to my shock, it is the same. Damnit, this must be really him. He still remembers i told him that his manager got my number.

 

Reply To: TY

 

Hi YoungBae-shii,

I do remember you of course, if you forgot, i did attend BigBang concert.

There is no way i'd forgot that i went to your private party.

I'm very well thanks. How about you?

Btw, i didn't tell you to get my number from your manager,

I only said that your manager has my number.

Nice knowing that your manager gives out girls number easily.

 

-Cheryl

 

I pressed send without a second read. i am too nervous and i dont want to over think this. I put the ending sentences as a joke to ease my tension. Not long, my phone vibrates.

 

From: TY

 

Cheryl-shii,

I am really sorry if i go out of the line asking my manager your number.

i would delete it if you don't like it.

again, i apologize for my rude behaviour.

- Young Bae

 

What?? he must've misunderstood! this is why i hate SMS. things might go misunderstood and people's feelings is being played. i quickly typed so that i can clear up the misunderstanding.

 

Reply To: TY

 

YoungBae-shii,

I was only joking in my previous message.

I dont mind at all that u get my number from ur manager.

Heck, i even put my number up on my poster for u guys! :p

So, dont worry about deleting my number. i swear, i dont mind as long as u dont put my number up on random

dating sites. LOL

- Cheryl

 

I hope this message can clear the misunderstanding.



How stupid can i be?? how can i forgot this simple detail! of course she'd hate it if poeple spread around her number! F--- i screwed this one up. I should've asked the rest what to write before sending this stupid message. I should've asked SeungRi what to type! I've spent the whole journey from US to here thinking of words to write to send it to her, and yet i still mess it up! Damn what should i do now. What if she doesnt reply?! i feel my phone vibrates and it feels like my heart about to explode as i open the message from Cheryl.

From: 채릴씨

 

YoungBae-shii,

I was only joking in my previous message.

i dont mind at all that u get my number from ur manager.

Heck, i even put my number up on my poster for u guys! :p

So, dont worry about deleting my number. i swear, i dont mind as long as u dont put my number up on random

dating sites. LOL

- Cheryl

 

It's as if a huge rock has been lifted from my chest. Of course she was joking. She is not that type of snobbish girls. What was i thinking. I type as i had huge grin plastered on my face.

 

Reply To: 채릴씨

 

That is a relieve. I thought for a moment there that you'd be mad at me.

So, what are you doing now? is it morning there in LA? we have a 16 hours difference isnt?

All my members are sleeping now because we just arrived in Seoul.

- YB

 

I smile as i press the send button. its nice knowing that i have some sort of communication with this girl again. Weirdly enough, even though i cant see her face, my heart still beats faster and my stomach still feels that butterflies are playing in it.

15 minutes passed and no reply from Cheryl yet. It got me worried. Is she ok? Has she received my SMS? I look at my phone with some negative thoughts in my head. The rain outside doesn't help either. It's too quiet when my phone suddenly vibrates.

 

From: 채릴씨

 

i just had my breakkie. or mayb i shud've said my lunch. LOL.

hows the rest of your concert here in US? like it?

i'm waiting for your next album :)

btw, i saved u up as TY on my phone... it feels weird calling you YB

and... i dont really want ppl know who im txting...

i still care for my safety, u kno.

 

I smile again. I can actually get used to this kind of communication. I can have time to think before saying anything stupid. She calls me TaeYang is kind of dissapointing though. I thought we could be more like chinggu and speak normally without my title or my job haunting me. But who can blame her. We met because of my status and job. We met because of BigBang.

The fact that she is scared of her safety caught me off guard. I guess she knows the consequences of being a Korean idol. The consequences of being friends with me. Deep in my heart i feel the urge of telling her 'hey, if you go out with me, i'd send a bodyguard to guard you 24/7'. But come to think of it, shouldn't fan be proud to have me in their contact list? i had one following me around for 3 weeks and boasting for a year about how i talk to her when i was only telling her to give me some space. This girl is weird. Never once had i have a person hiding the fact that they know me.

Should i tell her what i put her name on my phone as? I intentionally put her name in my phone in hangeul so that if SeungHyun hyung or DaeSung decide to hack my phone again, they wont be suspicious over the fact that i have an American girl's name on my contact list. No. I shouldn't tell her the reason. I might look like a loser if she knows that i dont have any foreign girl's phone number.

 

Reply To: 채릴씨

 

the rest of the tour was great. but i have to say the best one was the first concert in LA :)

next album? we just finished promoting this one! give us a break, girl! LOL

dw abt it. i dont mind whatever u wished to save my number as.

just a FYI, i saved urs in hangeul. ;p

btw, u told me before that u're doin a paper and u r using us as ur subject.

how is it going with it? need help? :)

 

I can't help it. I think somehow SeungRi's cheesy-ness and JiYong's smooth-ness rubs on me. I just want to keep this girl talking. Keep her thinking about me.

The night passed so quickly as we send back and forth SMS with jokes and some cheesy comments (mostly from my side). I cant get rid the stupid grin i had since she first reply. So is this it? Is this what people say 'crush'? Now i know what JiYong had been writing about. The heart-thumping and butterfly playing feeling that i've been singing for roughly 5 years, i finally feels it. I've had few dates as JiYong and YG hyung pushed me again and again but this feeling is new. I hold my phones as if it is the most important thing throughout the night until her last message tells me to pause this interesting interaction i have with her.

 

From: 채릴씨

Thats hilarious! and u say u cant speak english well?! i'll be ur free tutor, sir!

ey anyway, its been fun chatting w u but i got classes now.

catch up with u next time?

ttyl

 

Reply To: 채릴씨

 

alrite girl~ thanks for accompany me for the night.

i had an awesome chat with u

have a goodnight sleep!

btw, be careful with what u promise. i might hold it againts u next time ^ ^

 

I draw my curtain to see outside because i can hear noises coming from outside. F--- it's bright! How long had i been chatting with her?? Thank God for a day off today. I pull my blanket and plump up my pillow as i lay my head down. I need to catch my sleep before DaeSung gets loud hair drying his hair and hopefully I can dream about that first concert in LA....